[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is more dangerous?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: poodle 08503.jpg (25 KB, 236x316) Image search: [Google]
poodle 08503.jpg
25 KB, 236x316
A guy sharing a hotel room with a person he has met via the web and met together a few times irl as he has no one to travel with
vs.
A girl and her group of friends visiting an online friend of hers together whom she has been chatting with for two years in a public area in a foreign country

Both of these events take place in a foreign country where they do not really speak the local language.
>>
>>16998570
Second one because they are weak females.
>>
>>16998570
Why are you posting this again? You really need to find better things to do, Brandon.
>>
>>16998646
What? Who is Brandon?
Yeah I posted this again. I am thinking about 2 and I think this may be very dangerous for me. Last time nobody really posted a proper response to my thread.
>>
>>16998664
You're not getting answers because you have posed a vague hypothetical question. If this is an actual real life situation, then why not explain what the situation is and what your aim is. You're much more likely to get answers that way.
>>
>>16998678
Oh ok
>Is a girl
>Was offered an exchange scholarship to go to southern Spain for 2 weeks
>Extremely likely that I will stay behind and visit other parts of Spain
>Will probably stay behind with my peers who are coming with me on this trip (no idea who they are as we they only displayed student number in selected applicants for the trip list)
>If I am not staying behind with my peers, most likely my dad will travel with me and tour around Spain in advance
>Has an online friend whom I have been talking to for two years who live 2 hours drive away from Madrid
>He is 18, male, comes from a shitty town with a lot of potheads (although he claims he is not into drinking and smoking weed)
>He is stronger than me and can easily outrun me if something bad happens
>I am a girl visiting a online friend in a foreign country where I only speak the local language to the level of A2 (CEFR) and he is a fit guy in his homeland - he has the upper hand of the situation if something bad happens
>I don't think things can get even more dangerous unless if we meet in some developing country
>Most likely we will meet in a public area with a lot of tourists and passers by and I will meet him with my peers or my dad
>>
>>16998701
The most natural option would be for him to come down to Madrid and meet you for lunch or coffee. You wouldn't need to have anyone with you in that case. Or you could arrange a meeting place that's halfway between the locations as well. As long as you meet in a cafe or restaurant or whatever, there won't be any danger for you even if you go alone.
>>
>>16998713
>You wouldn't need to have anyone with you in that case
We I reckon it is better to have someone with me. Chances are I will travel through Spain either with my peers or my dad and I don't want them to think that I am leaving them for a couple of hours to fuck a Spanish boy.

Also, it seems somewhat dangerous to spend time alone with him. I intuitively know that it should be ok as I've talked to him numerous times and we've skyped together, but you know, I've never met an online friend irl before and we are meeting in a foreign country...

Also, should I tell my parents that I am meeting him? I don't know how they will react. They do not even allow me to travel to South America as they think that it is dangerous. I don't want them to cancel this trip or refuse to pay for my expenses as they do not want me to meet some online friend irl in Spain.
>>
>>16998715
It's Spain, not South America. It's a perfectly safe country. You're not going to get kidnapped if you meet someone for lunch/coffee.

I don't see a problem with telling your parents. After all it's just meeting a friend. Unless you are 16 and have overprotective parents, it should be perfectly normal.
>>
>>16998570
Assuming no sex is intended, the girls are safer just because they're in public. While the prospect of a hotel roommate being dangerous is slight, it is there.
>>
>>16998748
>overprotective parents
My mom is somewhat overprotective.
I am 19.
>>
OP, do you just want to meet him as a friend? Or do you want to have sex with him?
>>
>>16998786
Friend
Like I've said, I don't plan to meet him alone.
>>
>>16998793
Then it should be fine, no? Just tell your friends/parents you are just meeting him as a friend.
>>
>>16998748
Keep away from illegals though, I got voilently mugged by a group of chimps while on vacation there :( Luckily a spanish guy in a car heard me and called the cops and told me to get in(they stole my phone so I couldn't do it myself).
>>
>>16998830
I don't know if my parents will be comfortable with the idea of me meeting an online friend in another country. I am scared that they will cancel the trip and never allow me to travel anywhere because of this.
>>16998836
Yeah I know. My friend told me how her phone was stolen in Italy and my Spanish online friend also told me about Moroccan thieves in Spain.
>>
>>16998830
Anyway, I am scared that the people who are coming along with me to Spain will not want me to meet my online friend because they think it is dangerous.
>>
>>16999185
Why just tell him that you have a local to show you around and can watch out you don't get riped off
>>
>>16998570
Where you from and how often you traveld to diffrent countries?
>>
>>16999185
Tell them you are meeting him at a cafe for coffee. Nobody could seriously consider that dangerous.
>>
>>16999289
>just tell him
Him as in who? My online friend? The people who will fly with me to Spain"? My dad?
>>16999292
I travel a lot, but I usually travel with my parents. Sometimes I travel with my school.
>>16999302
True. I just told an irl friend of mine how I will probably meet a friend in Spain. She freaked out a bit when I said that I met him online and that he is a guy, but she said that things shouldn't be that bad if I meet him with other people and if she was me should would seize this opportunity to meet him too.
>>
Also, is it ok if I joke with my online friend about how "dangerous" it is for me to meet him?
>>
>>16999469
depends
>>
>>16999620
this
>>
OP here. I am also scared that something similar may happen: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1260830/Teenage-Facebook-user-missing-going-meet-man-met-online.html
>>
Tell your folks and you peers that are going on the trip. Meet in public. Don't leave public area go with other people. Also be aware that the USA state department is saying there is no part of Europe that is safe right now
>>
>>16999873
>there is no part of Europe that is safe right now
Well there are criminals and perverts in every country.
>>
>>16999873
/thread
>>
use common sense to stay safe
>>
>>16999469
Bump for this
>>
bump again
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.