[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
has anyone ever worked in a gas station before? what's it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 276x183
has anyone ever worked in a gas station before? what's it like? pros, cons, general advice? i applied to one recently and i'm trying to weigh my options here
>>
I had a friend who worked at a service station midway through high school and a year or two after it, he seemed to really like it. Plenty of downtime, so he'd dick around on his laptop or read, then occasionally help someone. I think he had to change tires once in a while.
>>
>>16997406
gas stations often get robbed. depending on what state you live in you might even have to pump gas into peoples cars
>>
>>16997995
>you might even have to pump gas into peoples cars
You say this like it's worse than being robbed.
>>
>>16998002
people are lazy, i'm just saying.
>>
It's lonely and boring, OP.
>>
It's easy as fuck. Depending on the location and time of day you'll either have another person with you and 90% of the day will be small talk, or if's night shift you can just bring a book or game boy and hours go by without anyone coming into the store.

The pay is minimum wage but that's better than $0.

It's whatever.

The pro is that for shit pay it's easy as fuck, compared to something stressful like fast food.
>>
>>16998078
This basically, I work late and often get gas late, there's never anyone there.

My buddy works at one, he says it's mostly down-time except near rush-hour, and even then it's just a quick grind of greet-and-ring. Most pay at the pump anyway. There's like the stocking and pop machines, and that's about it.

It's monotonous, but if you like the free time it seems worth it.
>>
My buddy worked at one. Had his PS2 hooked up and played games behind the counter when there was no customers.

He took 2 bucks out of the till everyday but since that was such a small number unaccounted for the boss never investigated.
>>
I work at a gas station in Canada.
At the gas station I work at we have a "We Serve" row of pumps where people can just tell us what they want and we'll pump your gas for you.
It's actually good in the summer because you get to be outside and not cooped up in a store.
You don't have to know how a lot of the inner managerial stuff works, but you're also getting paid next to minimum wage.
But once you understand the register/lottery system, which is probably the hardest part it's literally probably the easiest job you could do.
>>
Worked at one for almost 4 years still there. I've quit twice, first time all good then came back, 2nd time got in verbal fight with boss but still came back. Work in a "small" town so 90% everyday customer is a regular.

Work in a weird town 40 miles south of Seattle where most people think they live in the south but I've been able to stay because for the moSt part I like my regulars and as said before luckily have awesome Co workers and boss. It's annoying and stressful as fuck because you deal with idiots most of the time but the cool people and Co workers make it worth while and honestly the girl I've been crazy about lives very close to where I work and we've been silly for over 2 years now.

Long story short I would not work at a gas station in a million fucking years if I wasnt blessed with an awesome boss and cool Co workers and the girl I love coming by almoSt every day.
Just too much bullshit and even more shit that can go wrong. People driving off with the gas nozzles still in their car is always fun. I thought I was gonna stand behind the register all day but that's the easy part of the job. Shit this town has a city ordinance against fast food so at times I feel like I'm working fast food with all the deep fried bullshit I'm selling. Think hit 7-11 food but worse. Fucking tasty but will kill you in a few years.
>>
Worked in a Couche-Tard in the Province of Quebec.
There were cameras, I was forced to say Hello/How are you/etc loudly to everyone, forgetting two people would result in a warning.
But the worst fucking part of it, the fucking shitty disgusting pathetic cock-sucking part of it, is that we have to sell a shitload of lottery and cigarettes to people. Learning the lottery is the thoughest formation and takes two weeks and you must also organize everything in order to "manipulate" the customer into buying tickets.
>>
>>16997406
one of my ex's worked for one, afternoon shift on the quiet side of town
she didnt have to do much aside from ringing people up (after rush hour, anyway). she easily got away with smoking pot on the job when she felt like it, and she did homework or read books pretty much the whole time. looked pretty sweet to me. also they had one of those rotating hot dog grill things, and i got to eat all that shit for free. would recommend
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.