[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best way to breakup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 450x450
Hey /adv -- I feel trapped in my relationship. I have a policy of 100% honesty, and I've told my boyfriend on a number of occasions that I'm struggling with the relationship.
>been in relationships almost consistently for last 3 years
>want out
Issue is that he won't let me breakup with him unless I flatly say that there's something wrong with him, because otherwise 'we can change it!'

Help????
>>
Well it's not really about him letting you break up or not, since there's no such thing, but you really should question what is making you want out of the relationship first. It also makes the breakup talk a lot easier.

Why are you feeling trapped?
>>
>Issue is that he won't let me breakup with him unless I flatly say that there's something wrong with him, because otherwise 'we can change it!'

What kind of logic is this?

>if there's nothing wrong with me i can help you fix your problem!

>if there's something wrong with me I can change!

you dont need permission to break him with him, if he really needs a reason just lie and say there's someone else, that will shut him up.
>>
>>16996791
>What kind of logic is this?
>>if there's nothing wrong with me i can help you fix your problem!
>>if there's something wrong with me I can change!

Sounds pretty reasonable desu, especially without knowing more about OP's situation. But yeah, you don't need permission if you want to, obviously.
>>
>>16996794

>Sounds pretty reasonable desu

>You're not allowed to break up with me because I can adjust so unless you have something specific I should do don't bother mentioning this again.

Sounds pretty unreasonable to me.
>>
>>16996779
Just tell him you don't feel like dating someone right now. You're just not into him anymore, but you're cool with still being buddies.

That's what I do when I want to dump someone. Works like a charm, unless they're a huge creep who won't take no for an answer.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.