[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I might legitimately have arachnophobia and my work demands
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
I think I might legitimately have arachnophobia and my work demands I haul some objects with lots of spiders around. What should I do? I'm honestly considering asking my GP to prescribe xanax or something so I can just power through it, but I doubt he'll be willing to do this for me. DO NOT post spider pics thinking it might help me out. It won't. I've tried shit like that before and it just makes me much more paranoid.

One time there was a massive spider in my shower and I couldn't leave it there because I knew I wouldn't be willing to go back in if I left it, so I stood there for literally 45 minutes because I was too scared to crush it with a broom. I'm thinking this is probably beyond what is normal for people who are scared of spiders.

More details (not important) - I've been asked to empty this shed of crap so that we can resurface the floor. It's mainly used to store 25kg sacks of salt. I did a good chunk of it today over 3 hours or so but I kept getting closer and closer to an area I didn't want to go over to (mainly one of the corners). Lots of fucking spiders there. Luckily I could leave before I got that far. Whatever happens I'll probably end up clearing it out, but I don't want it to take 5-10 times longer than necessary (employer is my dad's friend).
>>
>>16995399 Tell your employer about your phobia. You never know, they may understand and Allow you to take your time.
>>
>>16995399
What job do you do that has you surrounded by spiders? Are you a banana farmer in the condos or something?
>>
>>16995616
it's all explained in OP
>>
>>16995399
Psychology student here, in my last year of school. Curing phobias is quite possibly the easiest thing we can do. It takes four or five sessions maximum. to give you the tools and training. Just tell a local psychologist you want to get over your fear of spiders with response prevention therapy.
>>
>>16996285
I'm not giving some Scientologist fucks my money.
>>
>>16996290
Four hours of work and you could be over your life time fear of spiders. Just saying
>>
>>16996294
desu I find that hard to believe, but I'll look into it
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.