[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i am nobody which keeps resulting in me trying to be other and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1459336693401.jpg (66 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1459336693401.jpg
66 KB, 800x800
i am nobody which keeps resulting in me trying to be other and failing miserably. now im sitting here alone listening to sad music, broke and friendless.
any form of advice? at all?
>>
File: 1459687839489.jpg (189 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459687839489.jpg
189 KB, 1080x1080
What do you want?
>>
>>16992399
We are all nobody to everyone.

Nobody will see you as special as you see yourself and the sooner you realize that the sooner life gets better.

Also wallowing in despair with music and sad thoughts is comfy for a while, but one day you will suffer true despair and realize its mental masturbation.
>>
>>16992399
You got Steam? I'll be your online friend dude. Snapchat? I'll send you funny shit to cheer you up.

You're not alone man. I'm just some anon but I feel you. I'm here for you. For anyone reading this for that fact.
>>
File: 1459375508327.jpg (14 KB, 267x323) Image search: [Google]
1459375508327.jpg
14 KB, 267x323
>>16992425
>>
File: 1385450673861.jpg (80 KB, 428x469) Image search: [Google]
1385450673861.jpg
80 KB, 428x469
>>16992399
>any form of advice? at all?
Sure, make friends and get a job.

If you care to give us some more information, maybe we'll give you some more detailed advice.
>>
>>16992427
It's totally easy to mock when you have your shit together huh? Why don;t you try reaching out to someone
>>
>>16992431
well, i'm 19, i live with mother and my younger siblings, i don't currently go to school because we barely have the money for electricity (writing from an internet cafe since i don't own a computer) i'm tired of life and whenever i try to do something it goes to shit. im strongly considering suicide.
>>
I'd say try to get a job if you don't have one and live healthy if you don't already. That might give you confidence. And don't kill yourself
>>
>>16992399
Go to church
>>
>>16992399
Yeah, stop stewing in your own misery you self gratifying fuck.

You are indeed pathetic, but the only reason for that is that you revel in the status you assign yourself and throwing yourself an endless pity party. Knock it off.

>>16992457
No, it's easy to mock when you recognise from your own experience what a dead end alleyway this woe is me attitude represents. And the fact is that it's not something support from others can help with, because all that does is feed the ego of the individual in question.
>>
>>16993195
just gtfo you annoying cumstain
>>
>>16993233
What, are you annoyed I crashed your little pity party and told you the only reason you feel like a nobody is because it suits you to keep telling yourself that?

How do you think I feel reading this shit? It's like looking at my younger self and it pisses me right the hell off to know I was like this once.
>>
>>16992399
If you're still in uni or something joing the geek/anime club. Otherwise come to this thread where we're still trying to figure that out. 25+ though.>>16987335
>>
>>16993244
>I was like this once

Then you know how hard it is at the very beginning. Try lending a fucking hand to some anon instead of boasting this holier than thou cause of my le experience attitude.

I'm not disagreeing that change comes from within but I'm at least trying to show OP that someone gives a shit about him. What the fuck are you doing but arguing and trying to show off? When was the last time you actually helped a friend? You probably haven't in a while man, that's why your here on a board spewing hate rather than being helpful. You didn't even have to comment but you did. For your own ego. You say you understand but you don't really. You're being a hypocrite. I don't like reading this stuff either but at least I'm trying. How are you contributing besides mocking and arguing.
>>
>>16993271
>Try lending a fucking hand
I'm actually trying to! I'm getting angry because I see myself in him and I want him to not be that person, but I am also trying to convey the issue to him, make him realise what he's inadvertently doing. I responded because I immediately knew from experience what the issue was. I could have been more delicate, but I lack the patience for dealing with self absorbtion. Sue me, I'm not a certified psychiatrist.

The problem with self loathing spirals is that no-one can help you with them; emotional support just feeds the complex and you start thinking you're 'dragging them down with you' or some shit. It fucking sucks that it is this way, but it really seems to come down to whether or not a person can realise that no matter how much their circumstances suck, the one thing they can always do that will always and only have an entirely negative impact is brood about it.

If you have a better solution to the problem than trying to make them aware that it's even there in the first place then I am legitimately all ears, since I can't come up with anything better.
>>
>>16993313
So let me ask you this. Were you the one to post the Leo pic? Cause that right there negates your entire point if that's the case. You weren't here to help.

I can understand the lack of patience but like I said, you know how hard it was at the beginning of it all and good for you for getting out of that but OP isn't there yet. He jsut needs some type of guidance. It took you 15 posts to actually say something useful to the convo man. The other times you let your anger get the best of you while not even helping out.

We both see the same thing in OP within ourselves but all your doing is arguing. Sure NOW you're actually trying to help but don't pretend like you were from the very beginning. You were pulling the same short tempered 4chan comment everyone pulls.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all on the self-loathing aspect. That's something important everyone should take away from this whole thing but man, there are totally 100% better ways to do it. I'm not saying we all need to be sensitive certified psychs about it but come on man, don't try to pretend you were helping in the beginning of all of this.

I don't honestly have a better solution. It's up to OP to respond or not, or change himself. If anything, you and I gave it a shot to make him aware of such things. I'm not trying to make enemies here. I'm just some anon trying to help. Of course it gets annoying seeing this for the millionth time but I think that says more about our browsing habits rather than most on here. Some people just need a friend and don't know where else to go. Is this the right place? Maybe not. This site is fucking cancer sometimes and then other times, its the most real place you can go to when you have nothing else. That's all I'm trying to say dude. I'm not trying to start any beef or shit. I'm just trying to help at least one person if anything.
>>
>>16993358
Naw, that wasn't me. This >>16993195 was my first post.

>Sure NOW you're actually trying to help but don't pretend like you were from the very beginning
I can do both. Was kind aiming for tough love this time, but what can I say, I don't people well.

>It's up to OP to respond or not, or change himself
I mean you're absolutely right, but goddamn there has to be a better way to go about this. I've stated the deal with this in many threads with many presentations, but more often than not I see people choose to ignore the opportunity for reflection (genuine thoughtful introspective reflection, none of that beating yourself up crap) in favour of continuing to feel sorry for themselves. And no matter how much that feels like the right thing to do, it only takes a few seconds thought to realise that it's pretty much the dumbest thing to do. But they never seem to take those few seconds. They just keep...being teenagers, I guess.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.