[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop being sensitive? Every little bit of criticism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 640x640
How do I stop being sensitive? Every little bit of criticism I get makes me feel bad
>>
File: mukina.jpg (3 MB, 2993x3000) Image search: [Google]
mukina.jpg
3 MB, 2993x3000
youre ugly
>>
>>16992178
Do you actually listen to the criticism though? Unless is making fun of your or calling you names, that's one thing but if you're over-sensitive over anything, therapy could help. It all depends on what really crushes you the most when met with the critics. Is it about you? hobbies?
>>
>>16992186
whenever people make of of me
>>
>>16992198
about what though? What are you dressing like? Do you walk around with a katana and MLP stuff? How old are you?

Honestly, some people are just shitty and will do and say anything to boost themselves. Honestly, sometimes you might be making yourself a target. It all kinda depends.
>>
all communication between people has two components: the outgoing message as intended by the speaker, and the interpretation by the listener that filters the meaning of the message, changing it

In short, if you see criticism everywhere, the problem lies within the filter you apply to incoming communication.

Next time you feel criticized, come up with an alternate explanation (e.g.; "that person is having a bad day and taking their irritation out on me by saying something they don't really mean")

Do this consistently and you will create, in your own head, a better neural pathway which will make you less sensitive. Your life will improve.
>>
>>16992178
in my expeirience once youve had enough you learn to just not have feelings over it and take it for its face value or desregard it as projection or whatever defence mechanism they feel the need to use
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.