[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>>Alcohol Close friend of mine doesn't drink often,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 180x233) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 180x233
>>Alcohol

Close friend of mine doesn't drink often, but when she does it's balls to the wall. She gets obnoxious and embarrassing.

Tonight was one of those nights. When she stumbled to the bathroom, everyone looked around and had some comment about how drunk she was.

Have you had something like this?
>>A friend who doesn't know when to call it quits?

How do I tell her she is borderline alcoholic?
>>
"I think you may have an alcohol problem and it's been making me worried for not only you but our relationship with each other. I'm not mad but I'm really concerned."

She's gonna get super defensive. Throw out thousands of excuses

Stand your ground.

"I don't think we can be friends if you keep behaving like this"

Probably a fuck you, and no I don't have a problem excuse.

Don't budge.

She'll cry.

Don't budge.

"I'm here for you and I love you as a friend. I'm jsut really concerned. Please understand that you might have a problem"
>>
>>16990423
Put her in an environment where she's super comfortable and relaxed, then talk to her like an adult and tell her you're worried. Tell her that people were talking about how fuckballs drunk she was, and how this is a regular thing with her when she does get drunk, and how it isn't good to get to that point of sloppy-drunk. Ask her why she gets so fucked up. Be prepared for her to get defensive, accusatory, and possibly even antagonistic.
>>
>doesn't drink often
it's not an alcoholism thing then. Maybe she just likes to drink the pain away sometimes.
>>
>>16990423

she has an alcohol problem. she is not an alcoholic. there is a difference.

as for that, talk to her when sober, and suggest she lets one of the friends 'cut her off' after a certain number / certain types of actions.

we have a friend who does this, but she hits it hard every single day. we just dont talk about it... to her.

were not very good friends.
>>
>>16990551

or she just gets drunk and then has more cuz shes drunk and wouldnt know better.

we've all had a phase, especially when we first started drinking where we couldnt control ourselves when drunk. kind of the point of drunk
>>
I'm a drunk myself but I take meds for it. Maybe stop hanging with her as much, or she'll stop on her own once she embarrasses her self enough and probably needs alcohol just to talk to you.

I dunno though she is a chick, but I'm pretty sure they feel embarrassment and shame the same as any man right?

Either way she'll quit either once she's fucked up enough legally, and socially. Or once she's dead.

It's really hard to stop alcohol is fucking amazing imo. The only thing I enjoyed for a while and still do.

My dui actually got me to rethink and stop.
>>
I was that person, and it was my friends figuratively hitting me in the face that got me to stop.

I never drank alone but whenever I'd go out with friends they'd have a mild buzz and I'd be stumbling, slurring my words and slapping asses and throw up and forget the whole night. Like, every single time. And they've had just a few drinks and are embarrassed of me.

It was actually just a few months ago that did it - New Year's Eve. Everyone always got together at a certain friends house for a big party and he told me he was going to be out of town, and everyone else one by one told me they were busy too so I spent the night with my family. Only to find out a few days later that they had the traditional party and had all lied to me because they knew I would go full retard as always and didn't want to be around that.

My friend said "we really like you, everyone likes you, we've known you for years (mid 20s friends since HS) but you're digging this hole and now when people hear your name they don't think of the awesomeness that is you, they think of you tripping over your feet and throwing up. You don't have to quit drinking but you have to slow it down."

And since that confrontation I've only drank once, and made amends with my friends, and even though we still go to bars together I just have juice or a soft drink.

I was hurt because no one likes to hear what they're doing wrong. It's possible like others have said that she will flip out on you. But in the end if being around her hurts you then it's for your own good to confront her, threaten to cut her off and if she doesn't slow down you have to keep your word and drop her.
>>
>>16990423
I don't drink often, last i drunk was NYE and I have the reasoning that if you're going to drink, may as well go all the way. Neither her, nor I are alcoholics

tho if she's embarrassing stop hanging around her
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.