[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My landlord evicted me. I cleaned thoroughly before I moved out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: banner01.jpg (192 KB, 900x700) Image search: [Google]
banner01.jpg
192 KB, 900x700
My landlord evicted me. I cleaned thoroughly before I moved out at the end of march, but now she's saying I need to go back and "scrub the walls with a sponge" so that it's clean enough so that she can add a new coat of paint, as if it's not already clean enough... And why even clean it so well if you're just gonna paint it.. But anyway

She doesn't actually have any jurisdiction over me anymore, right? There will be no legal implications if I refuse to go back? She's a bitch with impossibly high, and often double, standards so I don't give a fuck if that bridge is burnt.
>>
Why don't you just do it you massive retard
It will take you like 20 mins tops and that'll be the end of it.
>>
>>16989618
I'm not op but why? Don't be her pet. You got evicted, it's done.
>>
File: at.jpg (6 KB, 191x263) Image search: [Google]
at.jpg
6 KB, 191x263
>>16989582
> Have no idea what country or state OP lives in
> Expects legal advice
Sit down with a fucking lawyer. Some even offer the initial consultation for free.
>>
What are the terms of your commitment plan?
If you never signed a piece of paper saying you had to scrub the walls for a new coat of paint, and this person doesn't have any significant influence over you, tell her to fuck herself.

Frankly, I've never even heard of people doing shit like that.
>>
Why not take it out of the security deposit that you never got back
>>
>>16989582
Where do you live?
Does she currently have a security deposit you're owed?
Why were you evicted?
>>
>>16989582

Did you get your security deposit back? If not, why not? If you did, you're done. If you didn't, will this get it back? If no, you're done. If yes, it's up to you.
>>
>>16989582
>And why even clean it so well if you're just gonna paint it..
Partly because accumulated dust and such on the walls can affect the new coat of paint. Partly because if there's mold or mildew living on the walls, painting over them can make them much, much harder to deal with. Your landlord is being an ass by making you go back to do it, but they're right that the job needs done.
>>
>>16989742
>making
Without consequences its just an impolite request.
>the job needs to be done
By the property owner. Its bush league, retirement savings bullshit.

This is why I charge move-in fees and don't fuck around with security deposits in my buildings. I don't have time to argue with a college kid about how clean the walls have to be, have him do it, check a second time to make sure it was done right, then cut him a check at passbook interest minus costs for repairs, then go through and organize receipts by the unit instead of the building. Fuck that entirely. First month's rent and $120 per bedroom, nonrefundable. If you do some kind of real damage I'll take you to court.
>>
lawyer here, what state do you live in?
>>
Most terms are you leave it how you got it.

If the walls weren't scrubbed clean and ready to paint when you moved in, you don't have to do it.

If you haven't caused any real damage or degradation (be honest with yourself) then she can't do much at all.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.