[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people try to make me do things I don't want to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: XCOM2_MISSION.png (369 KB, 483x426) Image search: [Google]
XCOM2_MISSION.png
369 KB, 483x426
My friends keep asking me to go on a cruise or some shit with them and see a couple of concerts. I have no fucking desire to go on a cruise or see a concert. I hate concerts and I hate traveling.

One of my friends got so salty that he basically told all of our other friends to not ever do anything with me again. What the fuck? All this because I don't want to go traveling or to concerts with them. I explained to him that I don't like concerts and he is basically trying to get me to do something I hate. I would never ask him to do anything he didn't want to.

Are some people just really shitty friends? Should I even try to sort things out? People like that are typically stubborn as fuck too.

Why do shitty human beings like this exist? What really boggles my mind is that I would NEVER do anything like what he has done. Are some people just inherently shit?
>>
I hope your trolling.
You're friends are cool and your a loser
>>
>>16988359

It's the "waaa they like things I don't like and they don't like the things that I like - OMG they're such a horrible person" dumbass part of the brain.

Probably from evolutionary psychology or some shit like that where you had to fit it to show you belonged to the tribe.

Fuck it, drop the dead weight and do what you wanna do instead... chillax with people who'll live and let live rather than these "you're with us or against us" assholes.
>>
>>16988359
Oh man I laughed so hard through this. I don't know why, I think just the way you phrased it all. Become a comedian, fuck those jerks.
>>
File: killviper.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
killviper.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
>>16988388

yeah you are probably right. I just hate how people can be so stupid about some things. Like why would someone get mad about someone not wanting to do something they don't like? Its crazy to me. I would never even ask someone to do something they don't like.
>>
>>16988376

not trolling. I just have different likes and dislikes.

I don't really draw any pleasure from going to bars or going to concerts and standing around doing nothing. I wish I could understand the draw to these kinds of events. However, I don't actively get pissed at the people who do like them.

I want my friends to be able to go do whatever stuff they want and have fun and I would hope they could understand that I don't find everything they like to be fun as well. Doesn't mean I get pissy with them for doing what they like.
>>
"One of my friends got so salty that he basically told all of our other friends to not ever do anything with me again"

That is a highly unusual extremely mean thing for somebody to do. The last time I ever heard somebody do something a mean as this they ended up being suspected of aspergers by their family and already saw therapists on the daily. No joke. You need to get better friends.
>>
if you dont want to hang out its obvious theyre gonna drop you

go hide in your room all day like a total faggot
>>
>>16988482

I do hang out. I go to movies and to cookouts all the time. However, I hate concerts and I hate traveling for long amounts of time. SO obviously I would hate going on a cruise and obviously I would hate going to see a band even if its a band I kind of like.

I just don't have the same entertainment desires. The more important thing is that you would imagine a friend not forcing another friend to partake in shit they hate.
>>
Well OP, what DO you like to do? Have you ever tried asking them to do things you like? If yes, have you ever considered they may not like some of the things you like?
>>
>>16988728

I actually never ask them to do much. I rarely initiate anything. Even if I did, if they said "Nah, man not interested" I would be perfectly fine with it.
>>
>>16988359
Sounds like you aren't making an effort with them. You sound like a pretty lame friend tbqh
>>
>>16988359
You're probably just not compatible as friends. To them, you saying no means you don't want to hang out with them. It's not just about going on a cruise or going to a concert, it's about spending some time with them too.

You've probably said no to them a couple of times before for your one friend to say that they shouldn't do anything with you.
>>
>>16989295
>>16989269

This doesn't make sense to me. I do the things with them that I don't mind or even like doing. I refuse to do shit I fucking hate. I hate traveling and I hate concerts. What kind of friend would try and force another friend to do some shit they hate?

I personally would never get angry at anyone for saying "Yeah, I am not doing that."
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.