[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eight people asked me why I was single at a party tonight. Not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 960x960
Eight people asked me why I was single at a party tonight. Not one. Not two. Eight. I also had to listen to my friends girlfriend rant for twenty about how me being single for three years is "a waste".

Why do people, especially chicks, think this is their business? How am I even meant to react to their questioning?
>>
They're asking because they want your nuts
>>
>>16987491
My buddy's girl wants my but now? Yeah right.
>>
>>16987522
Well, maybe not HER, but chances are that at least some of them do.

But the biggest reason is that you don't fit their image of a single man at your age, and that makes them curious. One could argue that saying you aren't an unfuckable /r9k/-tier creeper is not much of a compliment, but they likely mean it as a compliment nonetheless.
>>
Just tell them you like the freedom of being single, even if it's a lie. That's what I do, and most people can relate to it.
>>
>>16987486
Being by yourself at a party sticks out like a sour thumb.
Plus they're a bunch of normies
>>
>>16987540
Lol I wasn't by myself; I was with two friends who are also single. They didn't get this treatment. Idk. It just weirds me out a bit I guess.
>>
They're subtly hinting they think you gay my nigha
>>
>>16987587
Thanks for the eloquent reply
>>
They're telling you you're hot.
>>
>>16988855
They're telling OP he gay
>>
Tell them you are not single. You have a girlfriend who lives in Canada. She lives in Vancouver and her name is Alberta.
>>
>>16989918
Columbia is a prettier name tho
>>
>>16989918
If this were reddit I would gibe gold
>>
they think you're attractive and are curious what the fuck is wrong with you that you drive women away

I would guess the extreme negative thinking and attitude is the problem
>>
I get this kind of stuff a lot too.

Tell me if you ever figure out a way to explain that you're single because you hate yourself so much that you can't possibly imagine why anybody would be interested in you, or that you find yourself so disgusting that you can't stand to let anybody else see you naked.
>>
Just shrug and say "gee, I dunno".
>>
>>16990116
I bet if you actually say that, someone will actively try to fuck you out of pity

but you gotta say it in an embarrassed way, not a hateful way
>>
Why aren't you married yet?

1) You haven't asked yet.

2) I was hoping to do something meaningful with my life.

3) What? And spoil my great sex life?

4) Nobody would believe me in white.

5) Because I just love hearing this question.

6) Just lucky, I guess.

7) It gives my mother something to live for.

8) My fiancee is awaiting his/her parole.

9) I'm still hoping for a shot at Miss/Mr. America.

10) Do you know how hard it is to get two tickets to Miss Saigon?

11) I'm waiting until I get to be your age.

12) It didn't seem worth a blood test.

13) I already have enough laundry to do, thank you.

14) Because I think it would take all the spontaneity out of dating.

15) My co-op board doesn't allow spouses.

16) I'd have to forfeit my billion dollar trust fund.

17) They just opened a great singles bar on my block.

18) I wouldn't want my parents to drop dead from sheer happiness.

19) I guess it just goes to prove that you can't trust those voodoo doll rituals.

20) What? And lose all the money I've invested in running personal ads?

21) We really want to, but my lover's spouse just won't go for it.

22) I don't want to have to support another person on my paycheck.

23) Why aren't you thin?
>>
I was single for four years, dude. Nobody was interested in me, and I wasn't interested in anyone I knew. Then I met my wife.
Your friend's girlfriend is an inconsiderate cunt who takes the fact that she's in a relationship for granted, and thinks that gives her some authority to speak on the subject. Fucking forget about it. You'll meet someone eventually, and you'll appreciate them all the more for it because you know what it's like to not have anyone.
At the very least, tell them that you're waiting to find the right person who's trying to find you. Nosy cunts usually accept that as deep.
>>
>>16990319
They might. I wouldn't take them up on it, though. First of all, knowing that I'd gotten laid out of pity would make me hate myself even more than I already do, and second, I don't need pity to get myself laid, I could hook up without too much trouble if it weren't for the incredible number of hangups I have about it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.