[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>NEET >Browse image boards all day >Don't have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 928376540186343.gif (3 MB, 450x188) Image search: [Google]
928376540186343.gif
3 MB, 450x188
>NEET
>Browse image boards all day
>Don't have any useful skills
>Don't have any friends
>Suffer from bouts of depression and social anxiety
>Can't drive

I feel like killing myself since I've been a worthless piece of shit for so long. Do I have any chance of escaping from this hell I've created for myself? How do I do it?
>>
>>16987353
Do a bodyweight routine.
Learn to program.
Learn to write.
Learn to cook.
Go outside.
>>
>>16987353
I was like that for years. I started lifting weights, reading 2-3 books a week, learning to programme, work as a freelance writer, learning Spanish.

In short: get skills and hobbies.
>>
>>16987353
Just be yourself, bro.
Works for me.
>>
>>16987401
>>16987359
Pretty much this, you are a NEET, so you have many time for learning new skills, and in many cases for free.
>>
>>16987353
Step away from the computer. Turn it off and go outside. Literally - get some fresh air. Go someplace where there are people - a park, a mall, a campus.Sit and think.

Forget for a minute about looking for friends. You're just outside to get you away from the computer. Think about things you like to do or would like to do,. (If you can't think of anything, pick some things tht are totally new to you, at random).

Now, there are probably other people in the world who like those things. Where would they be likely to hang out? Some club, some kind of store, a gym, a class in some subject, a museum, a concert?

Go to one of those places, not to find friends, but to do the activity or see the show or just hang out.

Now, you are doing/watching something that interests you, in the company of other people with the same interests. It's natural enough to chat with the person near you on line or shopping next to you or looking at the same things about what you're doing. Soon a bunch of you are chatting. Someone suggests going for a drink/coffee after. You introduce yourselves. Someone says there's something (movie, show, concert) related to your common interest coming up next week. Someone suggests that you all go together.

And that's how friends happen to you.
>>
>>16987353
Just delete 4chan from your pc m8
>>
It is possible. But there is a catch. Two catches, actually.

The first catch is that no one can do this for you. There are a lot of things that you, and no one else, will have to do to get out of this. Some of those will inevitably be things you don't want to do: I can't predict what they will be, but no one, normie or NEET, ever wants to do them all. The difference is that normies do them anyway, and that's what you'll need to be able to do.

The other catch may he even bigger. There will be people you need to reach out to: potential employers, potential friends, a therapist (don't skip this; you're reinventing yourself, and you will need feedback), and so on. They still can't do this for you, or even make it all that much easier. Despite this, you still need to do it. For many NEETs, this is the hardest part, because it means being judged. But you cannot flinch from it. It's scary, but courage is about what we do when we're scared. You need this.

So yes, it's possible. But it's hard work, and it's scary work. Are you prepared?
>>
>>16987414
/r9k/ pls go
>>
get a job, literally any job
>>
>>16987590
I've never seen someone so ignorant to a person's situation.

>social anxiety/depression
>just go outside
>just hang around other people

I don't know op, but I can guess that if going outside and and making normal conversation was that easy, he probably would have already done it.

I know people who are more afraid of having a conversation with someone else than they are of death.
>>
>>16988026
literally 99% of people on 4chan don't go outside because they're too lazy or don't want to. don't get your hopes up too much anon
>>
>>16987401
How did you get the writing gig?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.