[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>23 year old guy >Work, gym, and vidya games are literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: DD.jpg (76 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
DD.jpg
76 KB, 1280x1024
>23 year old guy
>Work, gym, and vidya games are literally the only things I do in life

Holy shit I'm tired of living like this. How do I get out of the house and make friends?
>>
>making friends past highschool

Good luck with that
>>
>>16985672

t. a NEET
>>
I made most of my friends in therapy group kek.

Anyway, join a club/organisation/church.
>>
>>16985672
Easy mode: Make friends with coworkers then make friends with their friends. You have now made multiple friends.

Hard mode: Go out to the bar and talk to random people. Drunk people love to talk. Build a rapport. Hang out often. Invite to do something outside of the bar like a ball game or a hobby you have in common or they have that you would like to try. You have made a friend. Make friends with their friends.

Making friends is all about networking. It's really not that hard...
>>
>>16985668
Hi Kristina.
I think you need to spend time in public places where you have a cause to be talkative or sociable. Bars are great for this, as are clubs dedicated to activities you enjoy.

If you feel at a loss as to where to go, try a new activity like nature walks.

Hope this helps.
>>
What's your line of work? Some people have hobbies, some people buy things like skiing or plane flying, almost everybody takes holidays abroad, and so on.

Basically you do something and hope social events are tied to it. The default social groups are family, work, and romance, but there's plenty of others on the side.
>>
>>16985695
>What's your line of work?

I have a part time warehouse job and will probably go back to uni next semester.
>>
I'm in a similar situation to OP since I've just moved to a new city, but man it's looking bleak. I enjoy biking so I joined a bike group last Sunday and it turned out to be all elderly folks. I don't identify with anyone my age at my new job either and the rest there are old folks too.

I miss college where I was surrounded by like minded people and could start a conversation with anyone and not be stared at blankly or chattered at in Spanish.
>>
>>16985668
A question that's been many times on /adv/ and probably the underlying cause for many issues in /adv/. But you're not going to get an answer from here aside from fortune cookie bullshit or self-help quotes.
>>
>>16985732
>Join martial arts class
>90% of the class is young teenagers nearly a decade younger than me

Fuck if I knew it was this hard to meet people in the real world then I would have tried harder to keep in touch with the people I knew from high school.
>>
>>16985691
This, or make friends with people in study groups then meet friends through them.
>>
/tg/ reporting in - have you tried a more social hobby?

I don't got to the gym but don't people make friends there? You know, work out together? Talk while they work out?
>>
>>16985862
I go to the gym and I've made a few gym buddies but making friends at the gym is hard mode. Most people are there to workout and you only have a small opportunity in between sets to socialize.
>>
>>16985668
>guy
>Christina

Nice try girlie. You can't fool me.
>>
>>16985707
If you go back to uni, join a geek/anime club (as long as it's not full of chrischans).

I regret not joining, and going to comic-con made it worse when I realised that most, if not all, the geeks had already formed their social circles.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.