[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did you make the choice between living in the city vs the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
How did you make the choice between living in the city vs the suburbs?

I'm very interested in hearing your decision and reasoning.
>>
if you work in the city, live in the city
if you work in the suburbs, live in the suburbs
#environmentally friendly
>>
>>16983942
ideally this. I ended up living in a small town though, because the mortgage prices were way cheaper and because I grew up in mostly rural areas and can't stand living in larger towns. too noisy, too zoo-like. I ended up having about a 20-minute commute but made up for it as much as I could by getting the most fuel-efficient car I could afford and combining trips as much as possible.
>>
also dammit OP it's 3.30 in the morning and I need to go to bed but your pic makes me want to play simcity so bad
>>
I work in a small city/large town and I live innawoods. I don't mind the longish commute. It's relaxing and gives me alone time to listen to jams while I note the changing length of the days.

I chose to live innawoods instead of in the middle of the city or our excuse for suburbs because I love privacy and nature. I think, even if I moved somewhere bigger, I would want to do it this way. I realize that, increasingly, it's not a possibility given how large urban sprawl is now...so I'm happy I live where I do. It's great!
>>
If you have a family, suburbs is probably better. If you're single, just get a nice apartment and a dog in the city.
>>
You forgot the third option of living rurally
>>
I chose the city because I don't care about superfluous space, I don't want to buy a car or commute for more than 10 minutes, and living within walking distance to restaurants, cinemas, shops etc. is nice. I wouldn't bother to go to them if I had to drive. Plus the loss of a garden is made up for by being close to really big parks.

I'm in the UK though, so a garden in most suburbs is a strip of grass too small to even take a dog for a shit in.

Also looking around houses in the suburbs made me feel weird. You seem to have less privacy in a way because other people actually pay attention to what you are doing.

I live next to students at the moment and sometimes they get noisy on a weekend, but they go home for like half the year and I don't have to put up with a crying baby or mad dog.

I go and visit my brother that lives in the suburbs sometimes, and it's okay. He never leaves his house though - except to go to the supermarket.
>>
grown up in the suburbs. have lived in the city for a while, but missed it and so i got back when i had kids.
>>
>>16983928
rural area or gtfo
fuck the city, fuck the burbs
fuck people, fuck traffic, fuck cops, fuck criminals, fuck stores, fuck poison tap water, fuck worrying about someone fucking with your shit, fuck people trying to tell you what you can and cant do on your own land
now get the fuck off my property
>>
File: 1330629212189.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1330629212189.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
>>16984153
>>16984037
>Wanting to live in the middle of fucknowhere with no modern conveniences surrounded by hillbilly fuckhats
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.