[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Next Step
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
Law School or History Graduate School?

Goal for the former would be J.D., then practice in criminal law, preferably as an assistant prosecutor to begin with.

Goal for the later would be PhD in History, and then to teach as a History professor.

I have the ability to do either, but not the funds to do both. Which is the more practical choice? Which would lead to me having more chances of landing a job with reasonable pay right out of school?

Pic unrelated.
-America, btw.
>>
Law school is very expensive and saturated. Since most PHDs are funded, I'd do that, assuming you can get funding.
>>
>>16983412
... you really think you're gonna start as a fucking assistant prosecutor?
>>
>spending 150,000 in unforgiveable debt to beg for grueling, shitty 80 hour workweek jobs that net you 35k a year... if you're lucky enough to get a job

get real kid
>>
>>16983774
this is about law school, obviously. There are no history jobs (except teacher!). On the other hand I believe if you're just looking for a useless education to get to avoid having to deal with the real world, it *IS* cheaper.
>>
>>16983774
Well then what the fuck should I do? Is law school really such a poor choice?

My only skills are reading comprehension, writing, and researching.
I am willing to do anything, so what do you suggest?
>>
>>16983489
Sorry, typo. It was late and I was tired.
What I meant was "working as an assistant prosecutor, or something else to start."

I understand that it's tough work and long hours, but I really see no other options for my situation.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.