[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Parking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Parallel_parking_--_5-28-2009.jpg (181 KB, 679x297) Image search: [Google]
Parallel_parking_--_5-28-2009.jpg
181 KB, 679x297
Okay guys I need you're help I cant parallel Park i'm 20 and still cant do it right its embarrassing going out on dates and giving B.S excuses to chicks about why i didn't park closer help guys
>>
I'm 22 and I don't know how

Bump for interest
>>
never done it
never will
>>
>>16983239
well nice to know i'm not alone
>>
>>16983237
Drive next to a parked car until your mirror lines up with their back tire. Then put your car in reverse and turn a hard right, when you're halfway in the spot, do a sharp left until you're lined up with the car in a decent position. Then put your car in drive and fix your car and line it up with the car in front of you.
>>
>>16983246
>Bump for interest
thanks
>>
>>16983246
a hard right means turn the wheel all the way right?
>>
File: minfilia.jpg (197 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
minfilia.jpg
197 KB, 1920x1080
>>16983237
Well, the easiest but probably most expensive solution is to get a car that does that for you automatically, like the Ford Fusion.

Other than that, here's something helps me: I start with the rear wheel close to the rear bumper of the car at the front of the spot. I find it makes it easier to make sure you can slide the front of the car in at the end after you've backed up into the spot.

Also, it could be a pain depending on your car, but angling your passenger's side mirror downwards so you can see the wheel and the curb will help a lot in preventing you from hitting the curb when you back up. My car does this for me automatically and it helps a lot.

If you have a car where you don't care about the condition, just keep practicing. You may hit the cur a couple of times, but if it's a cheap car you may not care too much (just don't hit it TOO hard). Definitely be more mindful of hitting the other cars around you though, don't piss other people off. It's better to have to back in and out a thousand times rather than hit someone else's car.
>>
>>16983253
Yes, sorry, I probably should've said that.
>>
File: 1444780990613.jpg (60 KB, 500x607) Image search: [Google]
1444780990613.jpg
60 KB, 500x607
>>16983253
Not that guy but yes, so your car turns to your right. Also, those instructions are obviously for people in countries where you drive in the right side of the road instead of the left side.
>>
>>16983257
>>>16983237 (OP)
OK cool thanks
>>
>>16983237
Way I was told to do it is work out cues.
Depends on the dimensions of ur car but I'll stop with the space visible through opposite rear window, lock the wheel, reverse then straighten out once I hit just over 45 degrees. Then wiggle to taste.

Go for a drive on a weekend and find a parked car to practise on.
>>
>>16983237
On another note, I feel your pain. I also think parallel parking is a pain, even when you know how to do it. If I had to do that every day, I would definitely have bought a smaller car.
>>
File: 1417141278958.png (83 KB, 467x417) Image search: [Google]
1417141278958.png
83 KB, 467x417
>>16983265
Pretty much this also. Depending on your body and the car you drive, you will eventually figure out what consistently works for you in terms of what you see out the window at certain points in the process. It's different for everyone, but your body and car are unlikely to change, so once you figure these things out it can help you repeat the same patterns.
>>
really the best way is to practice, go to a suburban area and park behind cars that are left on the street
>>
>>16983276
shit man I live in chicago its almost always packed finding a spot to pull into is a mess
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.