[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>1/3 So I waited ten years to finally have a chance at dating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: FB_IMG_1457478633569.jpg (51 KB, 549x540) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1457478633569.jpg
51 KB, 549x540
>1/3
So I waited ten years to finally have a chance at dating my best friend. At it looked like a sinch. We were great friends for over a decade. She finally broke up with her abusive boyfriend of six years. And I was there for her all the way. The problem was I had to finish college in another state. But we kept in vigorous touch despite that.

Once college was finally out of the way, I moved over to her town to start our new life together. However, she had a guy friend for about a year prior to her break-up. And they were just too close for my comfort. She was almost always snuggling up to him. And, aside from me, she spent more time hanging out with him than her any of her other friends. She kept trying to argue that there was nothing going on between them; that it was a friendship and nothing more. But I still didn't feel right about it.

So I begged her to cut things off with him, which just led to endless arguments. She was so determined on keeping him in her life, and never listened to how I didn't like her around him -- how it never stopped making me uncomfortable. After several months of deliberation, I got to my breaking point and told her that if she wasn't going to drop him, I was going to leave and never speak to her again. She finally complied and dropped him, even if it left in her tears for weeks after.

I was so relieved and happy. But then things took a turn for the worst...
>>
>dating friends

Don't do this.
>>
>2/3
She dropped him about a year ago this April. Just recently, on the cusp of February and January, she got the news that he committed suicide. Apparently losing her as a friend was just the start of when his life began falling a part. His two sisters were killed in a car crash in May. The company he worked for went bankrupt a few weeks after and he lost his job (and he had to move back in with his mother). His dad was allegedly killed in a robbery in August. His ex-girlfriend tried to get back at him by poisoning his dog. And a whole bunch of other shit that I don't know the full details of.

She was invited to his funeral, but I asked her not to go. I tried convincing her that he was just doing this to manipulate her, that this is what he wants, and she was just being stringed along and played for a fool. This led to more arguments. But this time eventually I was the one who complied, and offered to go with her, for which she ask me not to. I got mad, of course. And we began arguing again. I never thought a dead body would put such a strain on one of my most important relationships.
>>
>3/3
A few months ago, I woke up one morning to find that she was mysteriously gone. I had a sneaking suspicion where, so I checked her Facebook to find out the time and place of the funeral. I cabbed down there as fast I could and saw her talking with some people. I approached her and asked her to come home with me, telling her that she shouldn't be here. I did not want to let this guy control her like this. And I wanted her to forget him, since there was nothing here for her to get so wrapped up in; and that he was just doing this to get back at her. She and I started arguing even harder. Right then and there in front of everyone else. And I was about ready to flip out and go to an all out war with her. But I left once people threatened to call the cops.

Later that night, when she finally got home, we started arguing the hardest we ever had in our ten-plus years of knowing each other. My god was it ugly. I have never seen her so mad before. And I never been so angry at her myself. But it ended in her not only breaking up with me, but cutting off every means of communication I could have with her. Whatever texts, Facebooks, emails, or calls I send no longer go returned. She's gone. My best friend, the love of my life, for more than ten years, is no longer part of my life. All because she chose some dead asshole over me.
>>
>>16982182
>>16982187
you're an insecure faggot
>>
>>16982194
>>16982187
>>16982182
you are the asshole and you should feel guilty about that.
i hope this is bait
>>
>>16982182
Hope you guys break up, you insecure cunt
>>
Why would put someone write such an elaborate troll story?
>>
>>16982236
>Why would put someone
I'm trying so hard to read this and failing.
>>
>>16982373
So let me get this straight, the dead guy is trying to control and manipulate your ex. Are you dumb?
>>
Yeah, you acted real shitty through that, OP. I can't even comprehend how someone could deny "the love of their life" closure and a chance to mourn. Sounds like you ripped her life into pieces.

If you want advice, then take a hard look at yourself in all of this.
>>
Good god, I hope this is fiction.
>>
>made her stop speaking to friends
>insists she doesn't go to a funeral
>other guy is so manipulative

Get fucked OP
>>
This seems like one of those post where the OP is seeking validation and ends up with the opposite. You were her friend while she was dating and were pining for her a long ass time. I assume she was aware of it and in this case it worked, a one and a million shot, she even waited for your ass. You fucked it up hard, right off the bat demanding she drop a friend. All the other shit is bad luck and it's hard to say how much of her cutting contact with him affected his life but causing a scene at a funeral? You are lucky you didn't get the fucking shit beat out of you, I would of even if it meant time in jail, not even joking or acting tough. Look at it this way, a good friend of hers committed suicide and the last thing she said to him was "goodbye anon". Fuck you.
>>
Not really sure what you're asking advice for the consensus is that you are out of line. If you want to get back with her that is simply not happening, ever.
>>
Your girlfriend's best friend committed suicide after you forced her to cut him out. You then argue with her publicly at his funeral that you told her not to attend.

None of this looks good for you. Probably bait, but if true, you are a shitty person.
>>
I imagine she feels guilty for abandoning her friend and not being there for him when he absolutely needed somebody. Not only did you force her into that situation for your own sake, but rubbed it in by acting out and making a scene. As well as showing your worst side that she probably never has seen in the decade you've known each other, but sure as shit turned her off from you for good. The entire debacle is the very definition of FUBAR.
>>
File: heclimbed.png (135 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
heclimbed.png
135 KB, 1920x1080
cool story OP, I like the part where you pretended to be an asshole to make us laugh

10/10 would read again
>>
>>16982194
"I did not want to let this guy control her like this"

Check the mirror. This a troll thread, or you seriousy this fucked up in the Head OP?

You seem like a hardcore insane narcissist. Like Wow. All i ever read is MEMEMEMEMEME.
>>
>>16982182
>We were great friends for over a decade.
>She finally broke up with her abusive boyfriend of six years.
Honestly? I don't even want to read the rest of your story. Please just stop. If you understood anything about women, those two sentences ALONE would make you just stay friends with this girl. You have no fucking idea what's up with women.

But go ahead. Go ahead and tell me what I already know is going to happen. I already know you're just typing this shit out because you're emo.
>>
>>16983147
>>16982194
OH LOOK another fag story! So here are the cliff notes:
>Your girl was fucking the dead guy
>You made her choose you over him
>She chose you because you're her beta meal ticket
>This guy killed himself - which isn't your fault in any way shape or form, he's a pussy who gave up.
>Now the "love of your life" who was sucking this dead kid's dick left you

I didn't expect the suicide twist, but it's basically the same story ever told.
>Girl friendzones beta meal ticket
>Goes out and fucks alphas until she feels like she can't get them anymore
>Falls back on beta meal ticket
>MAGICALLY finds another man whose dick she actually wants annnnd
>VIOLA! beta meal ticket cheated on.
Except this time the other guy killed himself. JENGA!
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.