[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the sound isolation same with earbuds and in-ears?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: a.jpg (39 KB, 264x252) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
39 KB, 264x252
Pic related. Think of cheap $20 earbuds and in-ears. People say they can hear what I'm listening when I'm listening to music with high volume on earbuds.

If I use the $20 in-ears, Can people around me still hear what I'm listening to, or would it actually make a difference?
>>
>>16982153
Some earbuds don't fit in my ears.
>>
>>16982159
So?
>>
>>16982153
From my experience, yeah, people can hear what you're listening to with earbuds. Since there's no seal between your ear canal and the speaker, the sound just leaks out, but since the in ears form a batter seal, less sound escapes.
>>
>>16982153
I would suggest the in-ears with the fo
>>
>>16982365
This. Get the in-ears, especially if you make use of pub transport. The world will thank you for it.
>>
File: 81PFQmxn5wL._SL1500_.jpg (141 KB, 1500x557) Image search: [Google]
81PFQmxn5wL._SL1500_.jpg
141 KB, 1500x557
>>16982153
I would suggest the in-ears with the foam ear pieces
>>
>>16982153
Hell no, IEMs have way better isolation, because they seal your ear canal from the outside. This also makes them more dangerous, if you're out in the streets with them in. You'll also have to clean the tips regularly.

>>16982372
Negative anon, get ones with silicone tips, so you can wash and reuse them. Foam will also cut out the high frequencies.
>>
>>16982365
If people can hear what you're listening to, your volume is way too high and are causing hearing damage. No one should be able to hear what comes out of them.
>>
>>16982383
I was talkin about someone sittin in the library and they usin earbuds, I can hear what they're listenin to, but if they use in-ears, I can't hear it.
>>
earbuds are way more comfy imo
>>
>>16982445
This. I don't like in-ears either. They put uncomfortable pressure inside the ears.

Earbuds are always the first to be sold out at my local store. There are always in-ears available.
>>
File: $_1.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
Yeah there's a difference. There's an easy and very obvious test, just hold them in front of your with music playing and see if you can hear anything, you should here a very quiet whistle or nothing at all.

I think earbuds are more comfortable when they have some solid support on the wire, it helps them stay in place.

They are cheap online, a reputable £2 pair breaks just as much as a £30 pair from the highstreet.
>>
Does anyone have a good recommendation for around-ears with solid sound isolation? I vastly prefer the comfort and quality of around-ear headphones, but I'm fairly sure people nearby are subjected to whatever shit I'm listening to as well, most of the time, which makes me a little hesitant to take them with me.
>>
>>16982419
Even with earbuds, that's too fucking loud. They'll damage their hearing. If it's you, then it's your hearing at risk.
>>
there can be some sound bleed on in-ear headphones, even more on buds. mind you, your in-ear pairs won't bleed until you push the volume, but you would be approaching hearing damage before you start bleeding to the point where someone across a table could hear you.

if you're seeking total isolation, but closed back headphones
>>
>>16982618
Get headphones that include hearing protection for noisy environments. If they block sound from coming in, they'll also block sound from going out.
>>
>>16982600
Op here. The thing is, when I turn it to highest volume and hold the headphones thight in my fist, both of them is the same in the silent of my home.
>>
>>16982564
>This. I don't like in-ears either. They put uncomfortable pressure inside the ears.
I have the opposite, in-ears are comfy to me but earbuds are too hard and the wrong shape for my ear canal.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.