[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
REALIZING THAT YOU SUCK ASS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: RBX.jpg (96 KB, 784x607) Image search: [Google]
RBX.jpg
96 KB, 784x607
When It’s 2am and you realize that your peers don’t like you and that you’re not cool. And that you’re touching you mid-twenties, a month away from graduating college, haven’t even solidified your career and future goals, and you’re still worrying about “being cool”.

My mind is fucked. How can get over this shit?
>>
>>16980221

>how can i get over

this is the dumbest question people have ever asked. stop asking this question. getitng over something is how you get over it. its like asking how to breathe. we do not break those steps down, you just do it.
>>
>>16980221
Get a job. That will calm you down a bit as you feel more independent and secure.

Good luck.
>>
>>16980221
Doing something different tomorrow that might make you feel like you are actually doing something for your life.
>>
>>16980250

I have three. I have a decent amount of saving to keep me from being strapped and in the red.
>>
File: thatface.png (387 KB, 629x411) Image search: [Google]
thatface.png
387 KB, 629x411
>>16980257
>Doing something different tomorrow
>Doesn't give any examples
>>
>>16980284
Well can't tell what to do man, go make a painting then.
>>
>>16980265
Then why do you feel that way? You have work experience and a college degree a few months away.
>>
File: confidence.png (45 KB, 1634x401) Image search: [Google]
confidence.png
45 KB, 1634x401
>>16980221
Probably because you have no confidence in yourself and have retrograded to a being without any sort of personality that just exists and mimics those around him whenever "socializing". I always used to do the same up until a few months recently. I mean, you can do pretty good as an "orbiter" if you'd like to call it that but it doesn't compare to having your own life.

Just a hunch though.

If the case, I'd suggest reminding yourself that you should be enjoying yourself to the maximum potential, or suffering to the maximum potential for personal gain so that you may enjoy yourself at higher threshold later on.
>>
>>16980312
I realized that I haven't overcome my anxieties and have achieved the social goals that I wanted to do. I never asked out a girl, I still hate myself, I really want to die... shit like that.
>>
>>16980326
I think it's the opposite. I've become so disconnected from people that I'm questioning the whole point of having relationships with people (both platonic and romantic). I'm distant and abrasive, i've been described by my contemporaries as "mildly acidic".
>>
>>16980221
Relax. At this point in your life the one thing you have more of than anything else is Time. So let's say you haven't chosen a career and might have to spend another year working at any job or being NEET until you figure it out. So what? So you'll start your career at 24 instead of 23 - do you really think that will affect your future much?

The same is true about social life or anything else. At this stage in your life, being a year or so behind the curve is nothing.
>>
>>16980377

I guess I just want to start at something meaningful to me before the apocalypse occurs in the next four years or so.
>>
>>16980345
Huh, usually people like you know better than to ask for help about such problems. I'd like to assume that you're an overly cynical, conceited dick. Maybe not though.

In any case, I'd figure you have some sort of confidence or fulfillment issue if you're still concerned with "being cool" and have probably become so disconnected because of such issue(s). Maybe depression, it can cause you to feel so isolated that you begin to feel betrayed by, angry with, and defensive towards those closest.

You should probably see a therapist or a psychologist and get some anti-depressants. Or become an alcoholic and fall into a downward spiral that most likely ends in suicide. Whatever works.
>>
>>16980415
I'm asking for help because I DON'T want to have those feelings. I know it's stupid to want to give up on people because of my own problems, that's why I'm here, trying to find the words to the predicament i'm in.
>>
>>16980415
hey that's me to a T. i need to fulfill my damn confidence
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.