[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any way to tell if I have a glass jaw without being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1458894958790.jpg (69 KB, 1013x805) Image search: [Google]
1458894958790.jpg
69 KB, 1013x805
Is there any way to tell if I have a glass jaw without being smashed in the face by something?
>>
Everyone has a glass jaw until they get hit enough to learn how not to fall like a ton of bricks
>>
My jaw cracks and pops and I'm getting surgery for it so I'd guess I have one.

But how is this relevant to anything other than you trying to get into boxing or something?
>>
>>16979633

I recently got into kick boxing.
>>
>>16979604

I didn't think it was something you could build a tolerance to. I figured it was more genetic than anything.
>>
>>16979635
Haha called it.

You ever get lockjaw or anything like that OP? If not then I wouldn't worry too much if you've never had any reason to before.
>>
Why don't you try it and find out? Pussy.
>>
>>16979652

I was wondering how long it would take such a clever response to emerge.
>>
>>16979649

How would lock jaw suggest anything?
>>
>>16979640
Everytime you get hit hard enough your bones endure tiny tiny fractures that heal over and make said bones harder. It's why martial artists punch walls and kick trees.
>>
Getting punched is the only way. PROTIP: stay loose
>>
>>16979588
Nope. You'll find out when you get hit. Just remember to keep your chin tucked to minimize the damage.
>>
>>16980768
Having practiced various martial arts for most of my life, and having actively spent a fair chunk of time delving in to the individual philosophy and mechanics behind them ...

That has absolutely nothing to do this this.

>>16979588

Basically, no one knows what makes one person take a punch better than another anymore than what makes on particular person have heavier hands than another.

Some say it's technique (technically not getting hit but the mayweather shoulder roll comes to mind), some say it's musculature (holyfield), some say it's genetics, some say it comes down to something else (lul Rocky). There have been some fighters who "gain" a jaw after moving weight classes (i.e., Miguel Cotto) but there are too many factors at play there for there to ever be a conclusion.

Boxing in particular is a multi-billion dollar industry. There are more in depth statistics and computations about boxers than there probably are about baseball, basketball, and football players combined. There is a vested interest in figure this out, but one does not exist.

Long story short, the only way you'll know is when you get clocked hard one day, and you either are able to keep going, or can't.
>>
>>16980809
Well, I apologize for being incorrect then.
>>
>>16979588
>>16979635

the idea of boxing is to avoid being hit and landing more strikes than the other guy... think about that before you try to "strengthen your jaw"
>>
>>16980809
There aren't more stats, computations, metrics than baseball, and this is my autism speaking, but you are otherwise correct.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.