[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Demanding Fiancee, should I dump?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 259x194
So I was laid off a few months back, my fiancee still works. I decide to do things like keep our place clean and cook supper for her, as, why not I'm home, it's a nice thing to do for her.

Now, she has had bitch fits in the past, every once in a while. But she used to also have nice moments mixed in there.

Nowadays, she acts like an entitled cunt. Today she had a spoiled brat fit because I didn't have supper ready as soon as she comes back home. I was starting it as she got back home.

Like shit, it'e emasculating enough to not have a job right now, but now she acting all "I say jump and you say how high."

I was doing things that were nice for her and now she "expects" it as the status quo.

It's so disrespectful that I wonder if I should actually marry this person. Like, I should do more at the house because I'm home, but that doesn't give you free range to treat me like shit if things aren't to your liking.

So.... Continue to see how things go or dump?
Or alternatively something else?

Pic not related
>>
Have you tried talking to her about the way she treats you?

Maybe she is stressed about work and taking it out on you. Not that it makes it okay or anything, but you two should communicate.
>>
>>16979222

Why the fuck are you still laid off?
>>
>>16979235
Hey, thanks for the response!

Yeah I've tried talking to her many times, she sometimes apologizes, but then immediately justifies herself, saying well, you should have known blah blah, comes off as a half assed apology really.

As far as work is concerned I ask her about that and nothing in particular ever comes up. Believe me I would be the first to hear about it if there was something.

We definitely communicate, but it's like she doesn't really care how I feel about the way she acts.
>>
>>16979274

Just because you talk, doesn't mean you're communicating. Obviously, you're not getting to her. This could be due to her personality. She is just a bitch by nature. If this is the case, then you're fucked. It's time to pack your bags and move on. It's not worth it. People show their true colors when the going gets tough.

She sounds like the kind of woman that would leave you at the slightest opportunity of an "upgrade".
>>
>>16979256

Valid question, not at to do the subject.

I'm an engineer, things aren't going well for alot of us lately.

I have plenty of money saved up though, so I'm not stripped for cash and I still pay 50% of the bills. Still looking though, I'd rather spend my time finding a career building job than working a McJob.
>>
>>16979222
Be an adult. Put your foot down. Communicate. Tell her she's been treating you like shit, and just cause you don't have a job that doesn't mean you get to play slave.
>>
>>16979274
Sounds like she's really inconsiderate. But like the other poster said, just because you talk about the issue doesn't mean there is communication.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense, but what I mean is that she obviously doesn't understand the impact on you and is minimizing the situation.

I think you should talk to her one last time and lay everything out on the table. Tell her if she doesn't shape up and change her behavior you're going to need to seriously reconsider the relationship. Also be open if she wants you to work on something too, but it sounds like her expectations are a bit high for you, you are not her servant.
>>
>>16979310
Done that. She usually understand initially and apologizes and tries to carry my favor the rest of the day (Not always, but often.) But the nest time is a whole new story, cycle repeats.

Step 1: Gets bitchy and demanding
Step 2: I call her out on it.
Step 3: We don't talk for awhile
Step 4: She apologizes, often trying to justify herself.
Step 5: Sometimes she tries to be sweet to make up for it.
Step 6: Few days later, something new, go back to step 1.
>>
>>16979344
Welp, you can warn her that she's pushing you away and you've been considering breaking up because of the way she's treating you. It also sounds like she's being narcissistic, in which case she needs to look that up and do some research, or therapy, or something.

But if you don't at least warn her that you are going to leave her then she has no chance to really take it to heart and change. If she wants to keep you, she has to be fair and realize what's she's doing, no other way around it.

I'm currently reading this book-

http://d28hgpri8am2if.cloudfront.net/book_images/cvr9781439129432_9781439129432_hr.jpg

Maybe she could give it a read, it helped me a lot and is still helping me. And you have to be understanding too though and realise that it won't just change over night. Hold your ground, be fair, give her plenty of warning, if you feel like she's worth keeping, then help her through it. Then expect the same in return.
>>
>>16979344

I'm telling you OP. Leave while you can.

No matter how long you've known eachother, how many memories you two have, and how "committed" you two are to one another, this is not worth it.
>>
>>16979369
Omg! Are you psychic? Her mother is a very typical narcissist, like it's really bad.

Maybe I should show this book to her.
>>
>>16979222
You're going to be with this woman the rest of your life. If your're not sure about her, postpone the fucking wedding before you ruin your life like every other first world male.

Sometimes it takes a few years of living with someone before they really reveal what kind of person they are. I'm not saying dump her. You have to decide for your self, and don't marry her until you're sure. postpone, postpone, postpone until YOU are ready and know what you want.
>>
Get a job and put her in her place.
>>
>>16979538
Good point and I agree I shouldn't marry unless I'm 100% sure. Wedding is still 6 months away. I still have some time to think, I guess.

The scary part is somedays I think, yeah I'm 100% sure, but then the shit hits the fan and it's like.... well fuck, guess that's not 100% then.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.