[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need some technologically literate anons. I would ask /g/ but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
I need some technologically literate anons. I would ask /g/ but they probably don't want to be bothered by a retard like me.
I'm new to computers in general and I'd like to learn to code. html, CSS, JavaScript, etc. (clearly I don't know much about this), and I'm looking for good free online resources to learn with.
>>
>>16975345

w3schools is probably the best place for beginners to start imho

very straightfoward and simple to understand
>>
>>16975358
w3schools is shit

use codeacademy
>>
>>16975396

nice argument bro
>>
w3school is the best for beginners or you can just buy some specific programming language or web design.
>>
>>16975401
http://meta.stackoverflow.com/questions/280478/why-not-w3schools-com

go back to ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''coding'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' your tumblr page
>>
Easy.
Get TOR, search for a ebook library which offers ebooks. Download one and win.
>>
>>16976519
Ah btw. Search for hidden wiki. And from there you have all your ways open.
Have a nice day / night and good luck!

Ah one more thing: Don't give up so early. Maybe you don't like programming. Then look for something else. Networking, penetration testing (very interesting!)
>>
I used w3schools alongside my computer science degree but I think if you were doing it without some form of education establishment's assistance I'd recommend Code Academy.
>>
>>16976529
Here found something on the clearnet
http://it-ebooks.info/
>>
>>16976519
>>16976529
>>16976539
Deep web is a meme you hacker wannabe, there are a massive ammount of ebooks on the regular internet
>>
>>16975345
HTML, CSS and Javascript are not what you wanna get into if you wanna learn how to code. Go to university, pick up beginner courses there or start studying CS.
>>
>>16976987
The best e-books for staitup script kids are darkweb books / chans
The fact that you dont know this, means you need to lurk moar or go back to le reddit.
Faggot.
>>16977008
Retarded idea if he just wants to learn it as a hobby, i started with web code and now i have 11 languages (granted i dont used even half of those now) but i can program almost anything i need to and i dont even have a highschool degree (im a carpenter)
>>
You are looking to get into WebDev.

Use Codecademy to learn the basics of HTML/CSS/Javascript.
Go through Eloquent Javascript.
Use Codecademy to learn jQuery.
Start building websites.
Learn how to use frameworks/libraries such as Angular, React, Ember, Polymer etc...
Build more websites.
Learn how to use Javascript on the server side with Node.js
Build more websites

In addition:
Learn how to utilize source control using Git and Github.
Learn how to deploy websites on Heroku/Digital Ocean/AWS etc...
>>
>>16976987
Honey, don't be angry.
My point was about the copyright. I don't risk it to download my ebooks with just my plain ip adress.
Sure, he can download it from any other site. But it would be bad if he gets in trouble.
>>
>>16977042
Jesus. Stop this framing about TOR and script kiddies.
>>
>>16977042
btw. You know 11 languages. Gratulations. And how good are you in your best language?
He want to program good things. He don't want to be the "Oh wow. You only know 2 languages? Look at me, I can code in 11 languages. I'm such better at it"
Sure, it has some positive aspects to know some of the other languages. But that doesn't mean that you can master them. And you're a shit programmer, if you can't use a specific language very good. Then you are useless in the market.
> inb4 personal attacks
>>
>>16977388
For WebDev, I recommend that too.
But learn HTML5, not the old HTML.
And look at bootstrap. A lot of companies use it.
>>
>>16977906
>And look at bootstrap. A lot of companies use it.

This guy knows his stuff.
>>
>>16977906
Yeah, lets all use bootstrap. Eventually no one knows how to write proper code anymore because all those stupid fucks stop writing their own proper CSS. Same happened with JS, was easy to use. Today every shitty JavaScript dood thinks he's some hacker. And what do have these days? Fucking JS libraries implementing just ONE method that fucking LEFT ALIGNS TEXT. Not to speak of all the other retarded packages some fucks throw out there, so lazy fucks don't need to use their own brain for a minute.

So no. Fuck your bootstrap. Yeah it's awesome. Yeah it works. No, don't use it. Learn to write proper code yourself or stop developing webstuff
>>
>>16977941
Was meant for >>16977917
>>
>>16977941
Guy from >>16977906
Of course you need to know your shit. You don't eat something, what you don't know. Do you?
Be good at your stuff and then you can use bootstrap. Please don't use it, when you don't can write it from scratch.
>>
>>16977957
This was meant for op. I hope this is clear.
>>16977941 is totally right about knowing your stuff.
>>
https://g.sicp.me/books/
>>
>>16977902
>hurrrr jack of all trades master of none.
I can program anything i need to.
If there is something i cant do i know enough to leaen how to do it.
>then you are useless in the market
What market ?
Web dev?
Do you even know what you need to learn to be competitive?
>java
Enjoy learning the same language that 100 mil other people know and learning shit that makes you almost unemployable in a flooded market.
If OP wanted to learn how to program so he could get a job, then he needs to go to uni. If he wants to do it as a hobby (like i have done for the last 11 years) then there is nothingnothing wrong with how many languages he knows or how good he is at them.
I would be willing to bet your some pathetic neckbeard that learned html in highschool and now thinks he is an authority for some pathetic reason.
>/rant
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.