[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sense of care
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: giphy (3).gif (141 KB, 355x266) Image search: [Google]
giphy (3).gif
141 KB, 355x266
So I am lost, I need help, and I don't know who to talk with about this shit irl. This is gonna be a college rant so get ready. I go to a community college and I hate it so much. I am on financial aid which means the state pays for me to go if I keep up my average but right now I am going to probably fail this semester. I came to a realization today and its basically I am going to school I have to force myself to change my life up to work and study and whatever and its all for stuff I have ZERO interest in. I don't know what I want to do and they are forcing us to do general education (math, english, history) and I am just utterly bored to the point of I skip days just to sleep in. I am wasting my life (21 years old) in college working on stupid shit I have no interest in and can probably never help me get anywhere in life. Like where the fuck can I go if I know what caused the great depression, or how many people died in WW2 its just feeling like a huge waste and I am just going with the motions. I am lost in life, I don't know what I want to do, and I don't know how to find out where I want to go.
>>
>>16973892
And you seek advice on?
>>
The reason you're taught those things is that intellectual people pull general and creative life lessons from them. That might not be the kind of person you are and that's okay.

Finding direction in life starts with playing to your strengths. There are some things which you're going to have to learn how to do like simple arithmetic for your finances, basic communication for when you deal with other people, facts about nature and science so that you don't kill yourself accidentally, etc. But beyond that there are hopefully some things which you're particularly good at doing. Maybe you're very detail oriented. Perhaps you're organized and good at working with technology. Whatever it is, you search high and low for people who are willing to pay for those skills.

The thing you need to care about at this rate is how to put food on the table, because it looks like you're not going to have to bother with school for much longer.
>>
>>16973894
Is there a way I can find a career path that I will like, is there some sort of test or whatever. my issue is I have a feeling I wont like something if I go into it and I waste money on a class so I am hesistant on going into new things. I am lost in what I would want to do because my interests can't go anywhere for a career
All I do right now is
>Go to college
>Work at a store
>Go to the gym
>Watch anime, read manga's
>Play video games
>>
tl;dr
>>
>>16973903
So what do you hope to achieve that college isn't helping with?

To be fair though, it doesn't sound like college is your issue but that you don't know what you want to actually do with your life. Ain't nobody here that's going to be able to tell you what you want to do. I did however work some shit jobs before going to a university, helped me appreciate the value of getting educated though my education was directed at getting me a job related to the subjects I was studying. Can't say the same will work for you though.
>>
>>16973898
I like computers and technology but I don't have the funds to go to a high end school plus I don't know what type of field I would want for computers. I really do want to stay in school and get a degree but I just hate how I am wasting my time on stupid shit like this when I can be getting a degree and moving on. Like my buddy is 23 and has a full time job programming something like that is what makes me feel like I am wasting my time taking stupid shit like history or english just to "pad" up a community college degree
>>
You need to take control of your life. You're in the classes you are in for a reason. Did you even explore your major options? I love the shit out of my major and don't have any problem going the extra mile for school. To be motivated you have to be studying something you enjoy. Talk to your advisor after some research into what your school offers and figure out where you need to be. Withdrawal from your failing classes with a W if you can, or pull that shit up YESTERDAY. You're messing with your future, stop it. College is a personal race, complete it, don't quit. It's better to succeed than give up.
>>
"Ohhhhh.. Poor me! I don't know what to do with my life"

First.. Grow up.. Bills doens't choose your job..

Second.. Everyone needs money.. You will need.. And you can't wait to pay then.. Just do the things you HAVE TO.. And hope that one day.. You will find yourself..
>>
>>16973916
See something like that I would love to do, education that is directed for progression and not just random general education studies that mean jack shit in the real world.
>>
>>16973922
I still took courses which meant jack shit to what I'm doing right now though. Still, you won't be able to pick out relevant courses until you know what you want to do with your life. Start with that.
>>
>>16973917
I don't really see the "high end school" thing happening anyway. If you're good with computers, I'm thinking a help desk or some sort of low level tech work at a cable company, repair shop, etc. I get that you want to be in school but school is for the people who get something out of the "padding." You don't need those lessons if you just put your nose to the grindstone and start establishing your life.
>>
>>16973926
idk I just always been told be alot of people, hell even last week people told me to stay in school unless you want to end up with two jobs and a struggle in life. Honestly if I could make a comfortable living with computers I would love that, but again I have no idea where the hell I can start something like that.
>>
>>16973932
What do you want to do with computers?
>>
>>16973939
Thats the million dollar question, I don't know what exactly I want to do with them because I don't know what each field is involved with and what each field is like ya know, I just can't read something I want to experience it also
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.