[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Annoying ass mother in law advice?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: this_bitch.jpg (6 KB, 255x197) Image search: [Google]
this_bitch.jpg
6 KB, 255x197
My mother in law and my wife have never had a great relationship, due to her being an abusive and mentally ill woman. But over the last few months it's been creeping into our relationship and specifically our house. About 4 months ago, she took my wife's house key without her permission while she was knocked out at the hospital, and made herself three copies. We found that out by accident, and we took her keys. A few little things have happened since. But today I got home from work earlier than usual and she was there. Presumably for a few hours because she had rearranged our living and bedrooms as well as my little music studio. She threw away furniture, clothes, and my synthesizer. What the fuck do I do here? It doesn't seem to stop.

>inb4 "just talk to her." that happens frequently and clearly it isn't working
>>
Seriously what the fuck. if she keeps interfering in your life you may need to file a restraining order. Barging into your house and throwing away things is no okay at all.
>>
>>16971012
Change your locks, restraining order. This is absolutely not okay.
>>
my husband and I lived away from our family for a few years. gives both mother in laws a chance to calm down, and give you a chance to figure out what your own house rules are.

Try moving for 3-5 years????
>>
>>16971012

Change the fucking lock.
$50 solves this problem--are you really this autistic?
>>
>>16971012
Change the locks, are you a fucking retard?
>>
>>16971523
>>16971500
>>16971413
Simply changing the locks is not a permanent solution. She's made copies, lost these copies, and still found a way in. Don't be this fucking stupid. Do you dumbfucks think she won't find a way in within a month if she's already done it numerous times?

You need to first determine the lengths at which you're willing to go in order to solve such a problem. This could include cutting all means of communication with the mother-in-law, filing a restraining order, and moving away.

Discuss this also with your wife and to what lengths she is also willing to pursue. If you are unable to find agreement and plot a course of action beginning with your friendliest attempt at settling this matter and ending in your most extreme, your mother-in-law will be the cause for your divorce.

>>16971523
Your existence is meaningless and your funeral will be lightly attended.
>>
>>16971012
>What the fuck do I do here?
You have to stop treating her like a mother, because she's not acting like one. File a restraining order, and if you don't want to move away, consider getting extra security. Cameras, metal fence with a code lock, etc.

I'm curious, but what does she usually say when she's caught? Does she act like nothing's wrong? Does she get upset with you for telling her to stop?
>>
Change the locks and get a restraining order. Holy shit.
>>
>>16971012
change locks, or move if you are able. call the cops or buy a dog
>>
>>16971012
Change the locks.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.