[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HELP ME, PLEASE!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Worried Father.jpg (44 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
Worried Father.jpg
44 KB, 620x400
My son just came out to me as gay and he's only fucking 11 years old! He's barely into puberty and way too young to be deciding something like this already!

I don't know what to do or say! I don't want to push him away but at the same time I don't think he's old enough for that yet! Can anybody give me some advice here?!
>>
Chill out could just be a phase, look into who he hangs out with a limit tumblr use
>>
When did you decide you were straight? I personally came out as straight at 11 and my parents thought it was a fine age for the "choosening"
>>
>>16969802
He doesn't hang out with anybody, really. He's extremely shy and I have to force him out of the house.

>>16969804
Who the Hell comes out as straight?
>>
>>16969814

>who the hell comes out as straight

thats kind of the point he was making. people are who they are, coming out isnt a decision, its just an acknowledgement of what you feel. unless you'd refuse him to have crushes or go on cute litlte dates, there is no reason you have to restrict his sexuality.

my advice would be sit down, ask him about his feelings, and then just ask that he not tell anyone. if he needs to talk about it he can talk to you, and perhaps you can find a resource for gay youth in the area, but there is no need for anyone at school to know. its not a shame issue, its just none of their business, and you dont want to make it their business until it needs to be.

being in the closet it a top tier lifestyle.
>>
>>16969796
You know what they say; farther like son.

You dirty aid invested faggot, only yourself to blame.
>>
>>16969817
Sounds like a good idea. I'm going to go up to his room and speak to him now. Thanks.
>>
>>16969817
So, I just spoke to him and apparently the exact thing that convinced him he was gay was seeing this boy named Jake showering in his gym class and liking it. I told him to just keep things to himself and me, and he seemed to be happy with that arrangement. I got a big hug and everything now feels a lot better.
>>
>>16969804
Facetious ass.

You know there was a time when people were upset about this and it wasn't because their own personal beliefs. As a decent parent you accept and support your children no matter what. It's why criminals still have mothers who love them. Anyway, luckily it's 2016 and it's okay, if not even better, to be a homosexual. There used to a time when, in your short life time, when being a homosexual meant ridicule and a life filled with turmoil from the hate of ignorant others.

I can't say OP feels this way, but not all parents who are upset about their gay children are bigots. Sometimes they're more concerned about the shit they'll get in life.

I can only assume you think everyone who is afraid of having a gay child is a bigoted homophobe Bible thumper by your flippant response that was obviously an attack on OP.
>>
File: 1352352124.jpg (35 KB, 352x300) Image search: [Google]
1352352124.jpg
35 KB, 352x300
>>16969891

Someone got triggered
>>
You can absolutely know your sexuality by that age. I am pretty damn sure I was masturbating by then. Doesn't seem that far fetched at all.
>>
>>16969891
Whatever, man. It's not worth getting into an internet spat over. Maybe he grew up with parents that rejected him for his choices and he's just spiteful.
>>
>>16969804
Get a load of this salty faggot. I hope you're not delusional enough to think that was actually clever.
>>
File: 1392954647761.png (183 KB, 441x603) Image search: [Google]
1392954647761.png
183 KB, 441x603
>>16969796

>My son just came out to me as gay and he's only fucking 11 years old! He's barely into puberty and way too young to be deciding something like this already!

When your son comes to you and says he wants to be an astronaut fire fighter do you scold him for his immature choice or do you naturally understand that being 11 is a very confusing time and support him yet encourage him to be realistic?

Maybe he is gay, maybe he isn't. Ask him some questions. Get more in depth into this decision and maybe you'll get insight as to where he's coming from.

Of course 11 is too young to make this decision but 11 is too young to make ANY decision, thats why you're there as his father to let him explore but keep him safe.

Make sure you explain to him that this is a big choice and that with this choice will come a lot of hardship, adversity and ridicule, especially if he feels like this is something he has to tell his friends.

Let the real world hit him and he'll decide on his own whether he's ready for this burden. As for you, don't bring him down, just be ready to catch him if he falls. That's all you can really do.

Most of all, relax. Even if he is gay his idea of romance is writing hearts on pieces of football shaped paper and jamming it in some kid's locker. Keep an eye on him, but don't panic, as he grows older he'll make at least 100 more decisions that will terrify you just as much if not more.

Good luck.
>>
orrr instead of talking down to him about it and trying to scare him off from being himself, you could be a mature fucking adult and accept him for what he is? Holy shit, the homophobia in this thread is disgusting.
>>
take him out the shoot a deer, that'll set him straight.
>>
Just tell him you accept him whatever he is. If he really is gay, you won´t lose him that way. If he isn´t, he´ll find out somehow later.

If you fret about it and make a scene/take him to psychologist etc., you can traumatize him and/or lose him over that in time. In this day and age, it doesn´t make him isolated or something worse.
>>
>>16969945
I think the real issue should be that OP is asking kids for advice about kids. If you don't have children you don't understand. Even if he accepts his child being gay it doesn't mean society will, and as a parents that's the part that worries you.
>>
I said I was gay when I was 12 because I thought it would make women like me more. Luckily I moved when I was 13 and just let the past slip in the past. Anyway who cares just make sure he isn't banging dudes till he's at least 15
>>
>>16969945
>>16969975
I already worry that the other kids pick on him at school because he's really shy and never has much stories to tell me of things he did with friends at school.
I don't want to have to worry about him being called "faggot" or "sissy boy" or anything else that children do to disparage gay kids.
I spoke to him and just told him to keep it from the other kids.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.