[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dealing with rude people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: pf325.jpg (2 MB, 2362x1593) Image search: [Google]
pf325.jpg
2 MB, 2362x1593
A thing came up on my facebook newsfeed which two female 'uni friends' commented on. the image was on a popular page and was 'we all know an idiot named ________', the name was my name. I noticed that one of the girls tagged the other girl. The thing is both of them are barely passing/almost failing the course and I am getting highest honors in almost everything. Are they just jealous? Is it maybe not about me? Should I do anything about it (say something to them) or just leave it and not be friends with them anymore? One of these girls used to like me to the point she would spam me with messages like 'pls respond', so I just ignored her and she has been a bit cold to me ever since.
>>
Just ignore it. There's always going to be super rude people who stir shit up just for the fun of it. Theses are terrible people and don't deserve your attention
>>
>>16967506
lol women
is this supposed to be upsetting
>>
Ignore it. In a couple days the comment will be buried under tons of other comments everyone will forget about. If you respond it will make you look petty. Then you would actually be an idiot like they said.
>>
>>16967640
I guess I am in the minority, but whether or not replying would look petty depends on the reply. that being said, if someone did that to me I would unfriend them both online and IRL. I wouldn't even explain why. they know what they did.
>>
>>16967640
>>16967655
They didn't tag me in it. one tagged the other in the photo that said 'we all know an idiot named ____' (the name was my name). I think they assumed I wouldn't it come up on my newsfeed
>>
If you're an asshole idiot, stop it. Like people who spam to others that "you're getting highest honors" or think that everyone is jealous of you (It's ok to post it in 4chan though, but don't do this to other people).

Otherwise, there's no reason to worry, they're just idiots.
>>
>>16967692
Nope, I don't even brag. The only way these girls know how I've done is because they ask everyone how they went etc. I don't think I am being paranoid of people being jealous of me, I was never rude to these people so I have no explanation for why they'd have a dislike for me.
>>
>>16967700
are you pretty :)
If someone insults you behind your back it might be because some physical attribute they feel insecure about. I experienced this in high school, It was at the urinal and a guy I know took a look at my penis, I looked at his and laughed. Afterwards this guy hated my guts.
>>
>>16967679
Do you know for sure you're the only person they know with that name? If there's a picture it's probably a pretty common one.
>>
>>16967710
I have a gf that is a points above both of them, so I guess I'm okay. I don't really care too much about it, but I just not sure what the appropriate thing to do is (say something, delete off fb, not do anything etc) and I'm not sure why they talk shit behind my back when I've always been polite.
>>
>>16967712
Not in our uni course no. That is the only way these girls know each other.
>>
>>16967506
say "we all know two people who are going to fail the course <tag their names>"
post the chat logs of the girl being thirsty for extra effect.
>>
>>16967716
Do nothing, stop worrying senpai
>>
Honestly the majority are prob right and it should be left alone. It was probably done to get a reaction in the first place. That being said.. Personally I would post on the thread. Probably some smart ass remark like; Yeah I know em, can't stand that (fill in whatever fits). Being a smart ass it would probably be (fine ass, amazingly talented, brilliant, etc. Etc.) I would either go on till my comment dominated the post. At the very least till anyone else would have to scroll to get to anyone elses comment. If they were just trying to get a reaction you would have just picked a fire. They wouldn't let it die just having gotten what they wanted, and they would want more. That's when I pretend they don't exist. And THAT would really get things started no response online would mean an attempt to confront IRL. Then not acknowledge or interrupt as anything about the post was mentioned. That means no denying alsio. If they kept on(and they will) find the next excuse to leave there presence, if not possible like in class I would start and suddenly be engrossed in a conversation with someone nearby or even the teacher/processor. That would give them exactly what they were looking for but only a taste, then have it ripped away. people who feed on getting negative reactions and taunting others they'd go nutz. It's not easy you can't be rude outright rude yourself, no demeaning or name calling. And outbursts must be on their part. Any loss of control and they win. But that's just me.
>>
>>16967817
Thanks for the advice. They've never been bitchy in person, except for one of them that is kinda cold towards me since I knocked back her advances. Thankfully I only have class with one of them this year, lab partner in one class where she relies on me to carry her through the lab. I know how to deal with men that are assholes, but I've never really dealt with bitchy women (haven't had too many female friends, only girls I've dated etc)
>>
Is your ego actually so fragile you need to spend so much thought trying to decide if you should address it?
Jesus christ you fucking wimp
>>
>>16967506
>"someone said something mean to me on the Internet. I know right? Me? ME!"

You actually started a thread about it? Nice autism.
>>
>>16967865
>>16967878
I wasn't sure how to deal with it, no harm asking for advice on an advice board
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.