[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My friend needs help. He recently broke up with a guy who he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Happy.jpg (92 KB, 650x887) Image search: [Google]
Happy.jpg
92 KB, 650x887
My friend needs help. He recently broke up with a guy who he loved very much. The guy was the one to break up with him but says that he still loves him and that there is a chance that they will one day get back together.

My friend says he loves the guy but does not want to be strung along. The guy constantly asks my friend for money to buy drugs. My friend thinks that the guy is selling his body for money to buy drugs. The guy lost his job, my friend and him used to work together. The guy does not have a high school diploma and can not get a new job because of the background checks. The problem is that my friend says he still has feelings and loves the guy.

What should my friend do In this situation?
>>
>>16967163

be there for him to rant to, do things he enjoys to help distract him, and encourage him to cut contact with his ex.

i always hated that image. its the kind of thing 'depressed' people tell themselves to make them feel superior.
>>
Try to get the guy in rehab, don't give him money for drugs. It won't help him, and as drug habits go he'll just need more and more money, and will probably sell his body for the extra anyway. Not going to prevent that by supplying him money for his habit.
>>
>>16967178
what does it have to do with depression?
>>
>>16967184

the image implies that people of intelligence are sad, and that people who are happy are dumb.
>>
>>16967187
I interpreted it as saying that thought is the root of sadness. it's applicable to everyone
>>
>>16967163
Yeah right Ted Cruz's brain is not as big as your it looks in your op
>>
>>16967204

im just saying that depressed people believe what your Opening image implies. that they are sad and depressed because they are smarter (and therefore superior) to everyone else.

as if happy people cant be intelligent.
>>
>>16967216
not even my opening image, I just feel like your interpretation isn't the best
>>
>>16967219

>the artists intent is not the best

literally what other way is there to interpret the image (other than a whacky off the wall obvious misinterpretation)
>>
>>16967224
well, each head looks like it belongs to the same person, right? so, the obvious interpretation would be related to one's personal distraction from the stuff on their brain to achieve happiness. basically escapism, not some depressed people are elite bs. you sound like you're projecting,
>>
>>16967232

the obvious interpretation is that the brain is shrinking, not that the brain is less seen, representing that he is not focusing on the stuff on his mind.

but if you want to pretend that, sure fine. im 'projecting' just cuz i get tired of emo's acting like they are 2smart4you martyrs.
>>
what kind of drugs? if your friend's ex is possibly prostituting for drug money, I'm guessing it's probably something like heroin or meth. you don't really hear of potheads doing that much, it is more a thing of hard drugs.

anyway your friend should stay away from his ex until he has cleaned up and stayed clean for a good 3 or 4 years. of course by then your friend and his ex will both be different people and may not be able to get back together. but if your friend absolutely cannot stomach the idea of cutting his ex out of his life for good, then he should at least cut him out until he gets his drug shit sorted.
>>
>>16967296
The ex has been hooked on Xanax and weed also sex. My friend thinks that he has been with 20+ guys since they broke up only 2 months ago. He also thinks that the drugs can progress Into harder drugs.
>>
>>16967224
How about a really simple one like "Ignorance is bliss"?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.