[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm getting real fucking tired of my boyfriend always saying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10
File: tumblr_n3mvdt4h1q1qhfll9o1_500.gif (999 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3mvdt4h1q1qhfll9o1_500.gif
999 KB, 500x273
I'm getting real fucking tired of my boyfriend always saying he wants to kill himself.
I mean sure, he has a shitty life, and a lot of things go wrong for him. I try my best to be there for him and support him. But holy shit, almost every time something pisses him off, he talks about killing himself.
On the outside, I'm nice to him and try to say the right things to calm him down. But on the inside, I'm angry and upset. With how liberally and frequently he says it, it feels like he doesn't give a shit about how I feel about him at all. It's like he doesn't understand how big of an impact him killing himself would have. It feels like he doesn't give a shit about anybody but himself when he says things like that, and it's starting to really piss me off.
>>
>>16964555

Tell him he is 2legit2quit.
>>
>>16964555
Stop saying mean things or ill kill myself
>>
did he develop this since you've known him or has he always been like this?

if the latter, you chose to take this on. deal with it.
>>
Dump him, OP. He sounds like a babbus and you obviously mean nothing to him if he says that to you.
>>
>>16964611
Dump him and he'll never shut up about wanting to kill himself.
>>
>>16964555
Sounds like it's time for a visit to a psychiatrist.
They're the professionals, fixing shit like this is their job.
>>
>>16964629
Fuck what he says. That wouldn't be OP's problem. He isn't OP's problem. The guy needs to man up and kill himself or he should shut up about it.
>>
Just cheat on him if you have not already.
>>
>>16964706
I would rather he not do the former. I'd probably end up doing it too.
>>
File: how-dare-u.gif (800 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
how-dare-u.gif
800 KB, 400x225
>>16964716
What the fuck is wrong with you? If anyone should be killing themselves it's you. I wouldn't cheat on him even if my life depended on it.
Are you trolling or are you an actual scumbag who thinks that's good advice?
>>
File: 2350349-378240_screenshot315.jpg (256 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
2350349-378240_screenshot315.jpg
256 KB, 960x540
>>16964718
You must have some bomb ass pussy to die over

It better look like some tight Dolphin tier shit
>>
>>16964718
Then go to group therapy with him. I don't know what your mental is but his isn't good and will drag you down.
>>
>>16964734

It's great advice. You can meet a guy who isn't a whiny faggot about every little small thing in life and fuck you properly, while you're still there to be the emotional tear bucket for your boyfriend. Win/win.
>>
>>16964742
Triple nigger.
>>
>>16964742
That's a lovely idea except the pacific ocean is separating us.
>>16964744
Please get a noose and hang yourself. You are the reason why so many people have given up hope in humanity.
>>
>>16964755
Then dump him. He isn't doing you any good.
>>
>>16964555
Just so you know- if you're in a relationship where one partner is constantly openly threatening to kill themselves in order to manipulate the other person, that's an emotionally abusive or unhealthy relationship in most cases.

Your boyfriend needs professional help.
Just change your approach- offer to go with him to some counseling or to set him up with a psychiatrist, but don't try to handle these situations on your own.
These really might be constant cries for help, or he might just be doing it to get love/sensitivity and security from you. In either case, constantly suggesting therapy when he says he wants to kill himself will help solve the problem
>>
>>16964755
>>16964755

Yeah you stupid tumblr, anime loving bitch, fuck off and dump him. What a dumb question to ask in the first place.
>>
>>16964755
Which side of the ocean are you on bb
>>
>>16964765
He's tried professional help and said he's had shit therapists, etc. Probably won't be able to do it or something. I'll try that next time and see what he says.
He doesn't threaten to kill himself in order to manipulate me. He just says that after he goes through something really frustrating. His life's been a huge accumulation of shit so it doesn't take much to set him off.
>>16964772
Weren't you in another thread I was in? I could swear you said something similar when I was bitching about a guy named Brandon (who was in my past).
Also, google images also gives tumblr results so gg, good assumption.
>>16964776
Australia. I want to move back to America though. That's where he's at. The job market here is godawful.
>>
>>16964555
Seriously, the answer yo your question is the answer to 99% of all questions concerning two people. Just tell him how it makes you feel. And if he can't respect that , just leave
>>
>>16964784
Gross I hate Australia its full of garbage people and immigrants
>>
>>16964798
Tell me about it.
>>
>>16964765
>Just so you know- if you're in a relationship where one partner is constantly openly threatening to kill themselves in order to manipulate the other person, that's an emotionally abusive or unhealthy relationship in most cases.
I doubt this is the case for OP, sounds like the boyfriend is genuinely just suicidal (not using it for manipulation, just expressing his feelings).

>>16964784
>He's tried professional help and said he's had shit therapists, etc.
Then he needs a better one. And/or medication. If that fails, there's adjunct therapies, then other (riskier) medications. After that, there's ECT and ketamine. Until he exhausts those, he shouldn't give up.

>>16964795
Most people are attached to their relationships and will not abandon them so quickly.
>>
>>16964570
>2legit2quit
Kek.
I laughed out loud.
>>
>>16964795

You don't understand dude. I'm not OP, but I'm in OP's situation, except it's a girl and I'm a dude.

It just isn't that easy, especially if it has been long term. I live with the person, and we have been together for years. I'm not even sure how long. I care about her not just like someone I fuck, but someone I've relied on and trusted for years. If you have a relationship like that with someone, it seems unfathomable shitty to just ditch them. It feels like having a buddy in a war that has had your back for years, and as soon as some shit happens and he gets in a bad position you just say "Later bitch, I'm not getting shot for you!"

It's fucking hard to be there and see somebody you feel is a good person just losing their grip on hope, and not really having many people to rely on like they do you.
>>
File: d8f.jpg (37 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
d8f.jpg
37 KB, 520x520
>>16964891
>It feels like having a buddy in a war that has had your back for years, and as soon as some shit happens and he gets in a bad position you just say "Later bitch, I'm not getting shot for you!

Did you really just compare having a LDR to combat
>>
>>16964921

An LDR? Long Distance Relationship?

My point is that you don't ditch trust worthy people that have been there to help you and haven't been a piece of shit to you just because it's inconvenient that they are in a bad position. And you don't know what is going to happen to them. People DO kill themselves sometimes. You don't know if you ditching this person because you can't handle the stress is going to send them over the edge and cause them to just kill themselves. They've behaved rationally before, how do you know they aren't completely dead serious that they are losing hope to live and they might not kill themselves if you weren't there to at least keep them a tiny bit grounded? And at that point what if you're never going to be able to live down the fact you ditched your friend and let them kill themselves because you were inconvenienced?
>>
OP here, I'm really sad. Can someone please tell me I'm not a complete and utter failure?
>>
>>16964960
Saber is shit and you're stupid for getting yourself in this situation
>>
>>16964965
I don't even know who Saber is. This was just in my reactions folder.
>>
>>16964555
Instead of complaining about here, why don't you grow a pair and tell him how you feel you fucking cunt.
He's not a fucking mind reader, sometimes ya gotten show the sobbing prick someone's else's perspective. It's like you're expecting change but you aint doing or trying anything different you dumb bitch. Open up to him and and get some o that sweet Oral Loving you god damn hermaphrodite
>>
File: Akame_ga_Kiru!_-98.png (352 KB, 540x600) Image search: [Google]
Akame_ga_Kiru!_-98.png
352 KB, 540x600
>>16964970
>70▶
>>>16964965
>I don't even know who Saber is. This was just in my reactions folder.

GET THE FUCK OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
>>
>>16964973
>Tripfagging
>shitting up the entire thread
Man, you are a whole new level of attention whore. Is there even a point to your existence?
>>
File: rene-descartes.jpg (47 KB, 300x219) Image search: [Google]
rene-descartes.jpg
47 KB, 300x219
>>16964978
Is there a point to anyone's existence?
>>
>>16964784
>>16964813
That's fine, but even so, he should not threaten to kill himself to someone he loves. That's a selfish burden to place on someone else, and op it's obviously having negetive effects on your emotional and mental state.

You're never supposed to threaten your safety to someone that you love. It's ok to express your emotions (I feel really ____) but saying "I'm going to kill myself" is the improper way to express that emotion because it comes off as more of a threat than an expression of feeling.
Op do you think he would kill himself if you broke up with him?
If no, then you should break up with him bc you can do much better and be much happier. If yes, then whether you realize it or not//whether he intended to or not, you've been manipulated into staying in a relationship that is damaging to you emotionally and mentally.

People who manipulate and are the abusers in a relationship don't always mean to come off as manipulative and abusive. Often times they feel REAL LOVE that manifests itself in destructive ways, thereby hurting their partner.

I dated a man once who would rape me because he had an insanely high sex drive that I couldn't possibly satisfy (like 5 times a day) and he had some fucked up shit happen in his childhood that basically made him think that sex=love. So when I said "no" to sex, he felt like I was rejecting him/not loving him, and he felt like he could TAKE the love from me by physically forcing himself on me.

Other than that he was a real sweetheart, but that one issue really caused a lot of problems for us and was really damaging to me.

It sounds like your boyfriend may not intend to be hurting you, but he's hurting you despite his intentions. In a healthy relationship, you'd be able to openly say "can you adjust your behavior in this way? The thing you've been doing is really upsetting me" and he's say "sure thing!"
But you're in a situation where you need to conceal your emotions to the point where you resent him
>>
>>16964973
>I'm all that is male, so many, such good advice, not a deviant, much wow
>I have an encyclopedic knowledge of pubescent japanese cartoons
Good on ya, champ
>>
>>16965011
In OP's case it doesn't sound like an emotionally abusive threat, it sounds like he's actually, legitimately depressed and needs professional help for it.

Not much OP can do about it other than getting him to a psychiatrist and helping through the treatment process.
>>
>>16965194
>In OP's case it doesn't sound like an emotionally abusive threat, it sounds like he's actually, legitimately depressed and needs professional help for it.
I was thinking the opposite: this sounds like a tantrum-prone manipulator who has found a tactic that gets him whatever he wants, all the time, because nobody wants to play chicken with someone threatening suicide.

But it could also be both of these things at once, or something even more complex. In any event, this guy definitely needs professional help.

>Not much OP can do about it other than getting him to a psychiatrist and helping through the treatment process.
At this stage, I'd say the big thing is getting him to a psychiatrist. Find out what the biggest factors are here, then decide. If this is mostly a matter of depression, then sure; stay and help. If it's mostly a matter of control, then leaving is the only way you CAN help.
>>
>>16964555
Tell your boyfriend to stop being 12
>>
>>16965194
As I said, even if he didn't intend for it to be an emotionally abusive threat, it's having the same effect.
You can abuse someone even when you have good intentions if your actions are destructivr
>>
>It feels like he doesn't give a shit about anybody but himself when he says things like that

You're probably right. I knew someone who said shit like that all the time, too. One day he revealed himself to be the most selfish prick I've ever had the misfortune of meeting.

Talk to him. Tell him how him saying shit like that makes you feel. If he strongly disagrees with you, or he keeps doing it, I would get out of there before he can cause you any more pain.
>>
>>16964555
>it feels like he doesn't give a shit about how I feel about him at all. It's like he doesn't understand how big of an impact him killing himself would have. It feels like he doesn't give a shit about anybody but himself when he says things like that
why the fuck don't you tell him that.

You're his girlfriend/boyfriend. You can talk to him you know. Just cry or something and be like "Do you know how that makes me feel when you say things like that? I feel worthless and that you don't give a shit about how I feel about you at all. It's like you don't understand how much of an impact killing yourself would have on me." Then just cry or something and maybe he'll understand.

Have you made any indication to him that talking like that hurts him? Once I told my gf I was gonna commit seppuku because I failed a class or something, literally just joking, but it probably came off as serious because I was so upset. And she basically gave me that same exact speech. I never said it again.
>>
>>16965314
>>16965363
I'm afraid of him taking it the wrong way
>>
File: download (1).jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
9 KB, 300x168
>>16964965
Iskandar is top tier tho>>16964960
>>16964973
>>
>>16964555
>But on the inside, I'm angry and upset. With how liberally and frequently he says it, it feels like he doesn't give a shit about how I feel about him at all. It's like he doesn't understand how big of an impact him killing himself would have. It feels like he doesn't give a shit about anybody but himself when he says things like that, and it's starting to really piss me off.
You need to express this to him, but in calm manner. Maybe it will knock some sense into him. It sounds to me like he's just being melodramatic though.
>>
>>16964716
Ew.
>>
>>16965500
You can't be afraid of expressing your feelings in a relationship. If you do, you really need to sit down and reconsider that relationship.
There will be a reaction. There's a 50/50 chance it'll be negative
>>
As a guy who used to always say that I want to kill myself, I suggest breaking up with him. Like stop enabling his whiny ass.
>>
>>16964960
Look, it's his problem, not yours. He has to want to get better; if he has problems with multiple professionals he probably is resisting help.

Sometimes a forceful push in the right direction can help. If you do, you need to make sure you don't get angry, and don't let up. Make sure he knows that this behavior worries you, and you want him to stop. If that still doesn't get through to him, perhaps he is not in a good place to have a relationship right now.
>>
>>16964570
Laughed hard.
>>
>>16964555
It's not your responsibility to handle his baggage.
>>
>>16964570
This will be my nickname in every online game i play from now on
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.