[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Stop being desperate"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
How do I even take advice like that? I am a male in my late 20's trying to get a girlfriend. I have never had one and never done anything with women. Women are probably turned off by me but I am incredibly desperate.

I want to feel average female contact and intimacy. When people say "Stop being desperate". It angers me because it's like saying "stop being thirsty" to a dude who wondered the desert for a while with no water.

It's crazy how much shit matters when you suddenly don't have it or never had it.

What can I do? I am a desperate wreck.
>>
>>16960331
Masterbate until 90% of women are completely uninteresting next to your fantasies.
>>
>>16960331
Chances are that you are giving off desperation signals.

Here's how to stop:

Stop looking for a girlfriend. Start looking for friends of any gender. Do things, join clubs, hang out with co-workers. Forget about romance for a while and just enjoy a social life.

You'll relax, and being relaxed and more natural, you'll stand a good chance of attracting the attention of one of your friends-who-happens-to-be-female.
>>
>>16960534
I will try this. It's very difficult though because I don't really like hanging out with guys. Somehow the conversations always end up going to who fucked what last night and obviously I can't contribute.
>>
>>16960582
Guys talk about sex but in a real social situation if that's what they're spending more than a few seconds on then they aren't worth being friends with imo.

People who seem like they're fun to be around are because they split their time up between a lot of different things and like to talk about it.It's easier than it seems.
>>
>>16960331
Let me try to break this down for you.

Water is something that your body needs a regular intake of in order to keep functioning. A person who wanders the desert with no water will eventually die of dehydration and/or heatstroke.

A girlfriend is nice to have, but you will not die if you don't get one. Life will fucking go on.

I'm sorry if being told to stop acting desperate offends you, but that really is the best advice that you could follow. And yes, it is something that you're capable of doing. Desperation is not attractive in anyone, and getting so desperate that it has practically become a part of your social identity directly works against your stated goal (getting a girlfriend).

>>16960534 offers good advice. Stop viewing every potential social interaction through the lens of "Will it get me a girlfriend?" and start acting like a functional human being. And if every interaction you've ever had with other males has led to "Kiss and tell" conversations, you're hanging out with some seriously weird guys. Keep trying to connect with people of both genders, because there's a lot more than that out there.

It sounds like you may also have some serious social anxiety issues. To fix that, you can either read some self-help texts, visit a therapist, or just mull it over in your own head. Regardless, as long as "Desperate train wreck" continues to be how you see and describe yourself, I can assure you that you will not be getting laid.
>>
You just need to seem not desperate.
>>
>>16960331

>"stop being desperate"
>how do i even take advice like that
>I am trying to get a girlfriend

literally three sentences in succession.

>i want to feel average female contact and intimacy

then you are only looking for women who want to give that intimacy away for no reason. why would any woman (let alone a man) want to be that to you? you aren't looking for someone, you are looking for anyone. what girl would be happy to be 'anyone' to you. what girl wants to be the first girl to say 'fine' in regards to you?

people want to be special. relationships are about finding people that make you feel special and that you think are special. a girl knwos she isnt special to you because you want any girl you can get.

>it angers me because its like saying stop being thirsty

no. there is a biological imperative to drink water

>BUT ANON THERE IS A BIOLOGICAL IMPERATIVE TO FUCK

yes, to fuck, that you get out by fapping. not to date. what we do in this day and age as 'dating' has nothing to do with our biological imperative. regardless of this scenario, you can reign in your desperation. you do not need that particular form of contact. so dont act like its all you care about.
>>
>>16960331
>>16960770
>what can i do

go out to do things you genuinely enjoy, and talk to people there. if you like to read, go to the book store, hang out in your favorite aisle looking at books, and talk to everyone who comes in. NO not just hot chicks. talk to dudes. talk to old ladies. talk to kids. talk to anyone who comes to that aisle looking for a book in the genre you like. just ask them what they are looking for, is that any good? tell them your favorite. make a recomendation.

you can do this for almost any hobby just by going to that hobbys shop, or even just that hobbies aisle. dont focus on trying to win anything. just talk to someone and see what happens. if a connection does seem forgable, then forge it. you dont want to make friends with literally every guy you see right? but talking to them about what they do or dont like tells you whether or not you might be good friends.

now apply that logic to women. its okay to go talk to them, but also talk to ugly girls, or mediocre girls. just talk and see what they are like before deciding to actually make an effort to hit on them.

go to meetup.com and sign up for all the meetups that appeal to your interest

protip: if you are already thinking 'nah i wont do something like that' you already lost at life.
>>
You can do what I did.
>get into chinese cartoons
>really get into chinese cartoons
>realize real women will never even come close to the perfection that is 2d
>grow to despise real women because they're not like your chinese cartoons
>get a waifu and live a happy fantasy for the rest of your life

That's all I got mate. That or cut off your dick.

Oh yeah, or get yourself some hookers mate. I'm pretty sure the only reason you're so desperate right now is because you never got any. I know you probably dream of some movie-like romance, but that shit doesn't exist (outside of 2d), better accept it as soon as possible.
>>
>>16960582
just lie.
every guy lies about their sex life.
just make it believable. if you haven't recently had sex just feign a dry spell.
you might want to avoid hanging out with guys like that though, guys who are getting laid generally don't talk a lot about getting laid.

but on topic.
1. dress better
2. groom yourself
3. stand up straight
4. speak clearly
5. make eye contact
6. smile more
7. work out
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.