[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 19, amd everyone was amazed that I'd never had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 259x194
I'm 19, amd everyone was amazed that I'd never had alcohol before. Is everyone this degenerate or am I just out of touch? I loathe alcohol since it only fucks you up and possibly others, am I wrong not wanting to touch the stuff, let alone underage?
>>
21 years old here and I also never consumed alcohol as of yet (I'm also an atheist so it's not for religious reasons). As a matter of fact, considering it's a drug that could only degrade your conscience and warp your reason, thus throwing you into a risk group for an early death, I assure you you've done the right choice. Not only does the consumption of alcohol and its effects elicit behaviours that make you look legitimately retarded and dumb, it's also a factor for violent deaths in accidents and it tends to cause violent conduct on some individuals. Just don't listen to the degraded retards who want you to put yourself down with drugs. Only retards consume drugs and most of them are compelled by the cultural hive-mind over it (Europe consumes the double of the global average, USA is not in much of a good condition either), which means they are incapable of real rational thought given that the pernicious and deleterious effects far outbalance any good that could come from it.
>>
But getting fucked up is great, OP.

Yeah, it can be dangerous, but there is such a thing as responsible use. A couple beers isn't going to make you retarded and ruin your life. You just have to be enough of an adult to keep it to a few, and on occasion.
>>
>>16959942
All right, but how do I stop disliking ever person who has bastardized alcohol amd only used it as a drug. Alcohol used to be a cultural thing, but that's long passed. I have a friend in Austria who occasionally drinks tropical alcohol things, and while it's legal, it just bugs me to no end. Of course I'm not a spaz and tell her though.
>>16959950
Well first I'm going to wrokf for a gov agency, so I need to be clean. Second, I don't need to fuck myself up to have fun. Everyone else seems to think otherwise though.
>>
>>16959963

working for a gov agency doesn't mean you need to NEVER drink alcohol, responsibly.

No one healthy NEEDS to fuck themselves up to have fun. It's a way to have fun and enhance fun.
>>
>degenerate
There's that word again, fuck off back to your containment board OP
>>
>>16959965
I'm aware, but it's still illegal for me to even do so now. I just don't see the point in lowering your consciousness for fun desu.
>>16959967
Only an idiot not proud of his body would ruin it. Gotta get that gains
>>
>>16959892
>I loathe alcohol since it only fucks you up and possibly others

>When all you know about alcohol you learned in a Southern Baptist church
>>
Actually, it's been proven that small amounts of alcohol is good for the body

But like everything else moderation is key. Yoylu should only really consume enough for a small buzz, but most go overboard with it.
>>
>>16959973

If you've never tried it, you'll never see the point. If you're worried about breaking the law, wait to try it until you're of age. Nothing wrong with that, honestly. Then, once you are of age, try it out. If you're not sure about it, then of course avoid the 21st birthday bullshit. DO NOT go to a bar, when they see it's your birthday it'll be a shitstorm. Pick up something easy to drink, like mike's, go home, drink one, see how you feel. Better yet, drink a couple and see how you feel. Don't get wasted (lol wasted on a six pack of mikes), just see what a buzz feels like. If you don't like it, never drink again. If you do like it, experiment and see where your limits are so you don't act like a "degenerate" in public.

Anyway, seems stupid to say you don't get it when you've never tried in. In all likelihood you're not going to get busted for having one or two drinks underage, especially if you have a safe place/adults to drink with. By the time I was 19 I was allowed the very occasional beer or glass of wine by my parents. Obviously avoid getting booze from other underage people/drinking around them if you're trying to be really careful.
>>
>>16959987
That's smart, perhaps I'll do it when I am of age. Not risking it for the agency though, that's my dream.
>>
>>16959892
There is such a thing as moderation and responsable use. In my country the legal age for drinking was 16, now its 18. There arent more alcoholics than in other countries.
>>
>>16960027
True, it's just the ugly culture around it now that I hate however. The "LEL LET'S GET BUZZZED AHAHA" thing.
>>
Eh, I only ever drank any booze items after I was 21. Grew up with my dad being an alcoholic so I was always turned off by the concept of alcohol.

Ironically, he went through AA and then I started drinking various boozes, mostly the delicious tasty kinds (coconut rum, midori + ginger ale, flavored stuff) because I kind of like the taste of some boozes.

I don't drink regularly though so eh.
>>
>>16960058
That I can get. I like pizza a lot and I probably eat too much, but it tastes good. I don't go out and eat pizza to get "turned up" though.
>>
I don't drink alcohol and I feel great all the time. Don't start drinking it!
>>
I drink one to three times a week and I feel great. I lift four times a week and I have a STEM degree. Don't not do drugs, kids. It turns you into a boring fuckwit.
>>
>>16960037
That's not the culture around drinking, that's the culture around immature frat boys. Don't confuse the two.
>>
>>16960116
Oh, well that's all I see. Actually more so with women, but I'm in college so that makes sense.
>>
Degenerate is a retarded word and you should fuck off back to /pol/, however: Alcohol is shit-tier. It tastes like crap, the drunk feeling isn't even that great, and it makes you feel like shit.

If you're gonna try any substance, it should be marijuana. Marijuana is much less addictive, much less harmful, and is a much more pleasant taste/feeling/experience overall.
>>
File: 4491-383x254-Baby_laptop.jpg (10 KB, 383x254) Image search: [Google]
4491-383x254-Baby_laptop.jpg
10 KB, 383x254
>>16959892
>judgemental straight edge kid
>uses the word degenerate unironically
>>
drugs and alcohol are for losers
>>
>>16960203
>drugs and alcohol are for losers
Says the /r9k/-tier NEET who posts on /adv/
>>
>>16960224
no robot. My sister was hit by a drunk driver while she was stoned. She died, not sure who to blame. Was it the drunk driver's fault, or was it her inability to get the fuck out of the way?
>>
>>16959942
Were you born with a moral compas shoved up your asshole? Jesus fuck what an elitist cunt you are. I don't want to sound agressive but whenever someone spergs over what other people are doing it just rumbles my dickhole.
>>
Interesting, I'm also 19 years old and can't understand why alcohol is that important to some people.
>>
It's not a bad thing and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. It's common to drink underage (it feels like almost everyone you knew in high school did) but it's not necessary. I'm 23 and I never drank in high school. Even now, I'm a social drinker and it's still pretty rare for me to drink just because I've never been a fan of alcohol (it has to be mixed up with a ton of shit to mask the booze taste). You're fine, don't let it get to you.
>>
>>16960133
Surprisingly I find that college students are much more stupid about alcohol than those who aren't. They try to hard to fit in and be over the top and just embarrass themselves
>>
Being slightly tipsy makes being social easier, especially if you're, like me, a shy and introverted loser. It takes experience to know how much you have to drink to get into that sort of phase without overshooting and getting straight into the piss-drunk territory, but it's certainly worth it.
>>
>>16960109
>Don't not do drugs, kids.
Great advice.
>>
>>16960109
>it turns you into a boring fuckwit
you're the one who sounds boring, jesus christ
>>
since alcohol was made illegal, people went nuts for it. then drugs were outlawed, and cocaine was removed from cocacola, people said
i do what I want, you can't tell me what to do
and they spend trillions of dollars on drugs and alcohol which is exactly what they wanted them to do. it would be hilarious if people weren't dying
>>
>>16960342
What the fuck are you even saying here?
>>
I consider myself very fortunate that both my parents never drank. His sperm, and her eggs weren't all deformed and mutant. I was born perfectly healthy, 10 fingers, inches, and toes.
IQ close to 200. 3 degrees, 4 houses, plane, boat, cars, women.
Do I sound elitist? Maybe I am.
Boring? Hardly

If you need alcohol or drugs to feel better about yourself, by all means do. Just don't drive.
>>
>>16960515
>IQ close to 200. 3 degrees, 4 houses, plane, boat, cars, women.
>shitposting on /adv/
Choose one
>>
File: sperm-abnormalities.gif (18 KB, 600x260) Image search: [Google]
sperm-abnormalities.gif
18 KB, 600x260
>>
I'm 19 too, and I also never drank alcohol, except when I'm pushed to take a sip on new years.
Who cares if you come off as out of touch? Don't wanna do it, don't do it.
But also remember that those who drink alcohol in moderation are not "degenerates". Everyone's free to do what they want. You judging them for drinking is just as bad as them judging you for not drinking at all.
>>
>>16959942
Christ, you need to reign in your autism, and soon.
>>
>>16960515
>Why would anyone lie on the internet?
>>
Smokers got owned by multi billion dollar lawsuits against tobacco companies. "Victims" of smoking required healthcare, cancer treatment etc that they could not afford. It was costing taxpayers a fortune to support a smoker's habit.
Tobacco companies recover the cost by increasing the price of cigarettes from 50cents to 6 dollars a pack with some additional taxes thrown in. Most people quit smoking as a result.

Alcohol causes more accidents, and healthcare bills than everything else combined.
Alcohol makers are well aware of the damage caused by use of their products.
Infertility, birth defects, fetal alcohol syndrome, Impaired growth, mental retardation, liver damage, and more, just related to unborn children, let alone accidents, and abuses children and adults suffer from alcohol users and abusers. We all pay a price for other people drinking, and that's taxation without representation. alcoholics would think twice before drinking and driving if beer was $20 a bottle, and even that tax would barely cover the cost of auto repairs caused by drunk drivers.
drinking is not a victimless crime you are literally funding terrorism
>>
>>16960793
We should just all live in padded rooms with virtual reality so NEETs won't feel left out.
>>
Being a little drunk is awesome OP.
I'm not saying you have to get fucked up and blackout drunk, but a little alcohol really loosens you up and you have a good time. You feel more positive and confident overall.
>>
>>16960824
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPRiNVPD9nc
>>
>>16960851
What if there was a cheaper easier way to feel awesome, without all the negative side effects, brain damage, harm to eggs and sperm, car accidents, and murders etc? Would you try it?
>>
Just tell people "no thank you, my family has a history if alcoholism so I don't drink". That's what I do (and it's true) and then everyone understands and won't bother me.
>>
So, I don't really give a shit if you drink or not. Do whatever you want. But it's silly to not try it and "loathe" it, because you don't really understand it.

People aren't saying you can't have fun without drinking, but drinking is a good social lubricant. It lowers your inhibitions, and loosens you up, so you can build solid relationships with people you've just barely met. In sober settings, people are less apt to open up. This is why alcohol is popular. Even "getting tanked" can be fun, because it's an altered state of consciousness, the body releases a ton of endorphins, and everyone is just letting loose and really having a good time.

Yes, there are some consequences to abuse, poor decisions that are made, and some people get stupid, or sad, or depressed. Understanding how not to get into those situations comes with experience drinking.

The reason people are so shocked about the no-drinking thing and then encourage people to drink is that your "I can still have fun without drinking schtick" isn't fooling anyone. Generally you're sitting in the corner judging people, not talking, and everyone has to deal with one person not really feeling the vibe of the group. I generally find that the only people who can actually have fun not drinking in a group of drinkers are people who normally drink, but are taking a break.

Anyways, do what you want, but I'd say try it out. A government job isn't going to refuse you for drinking, and you're missing out on fun with your peers to act superior.
>>
>>16959892

Not at all. I'm 21 and I personally like weed a lot more than alcohol. Smoking weed concides with my personality and I feel more in control of myself. The added bonus is that I feel like 100 bucks the morning after (mostly because it helps me cope with stress and helps me sleep like a baby) while alcohol makes me feel like shit the next day.

I had my my experimental phase where I drank every weekend with my friends and I'm really over it. It just wasn't fun and exiciting for me plus it takes me too much to get drunk (russian/korean family, russians and koreans go fucking hard). Honestly, just be responsible and you'll be fine. I limit the amount of weed I smoke to only once a week right after I'm done with classes and sometimes when I'm with friends who want to toke.

My roommates and friends don't really drink much until recently and are all going through that Let's Drink For The Sake Of Drinking phase and it's getting tiresome baby sitting drunk people on the weekends, especially when I'm stoned lmao.
>>
OP:

I didn't drink until well past 21. I was mostly worried that I'd lose control of my mental faculties and say things that I keep to myself for a reason, so I didn't want to drink, especially in front of people. But honestly, it's not anything crazy. Just makes me dizzy. Still 100% in control of my actions.

It doesn't really matter though, it's your choice. If you don't want to drink, don't drink. The whole practice is the source of lots of trouble, so if you don't want to get involved that's fine. Just know where you're sleeping before you drink, if you do drink.

>>16959942
I partook to see what it was about, and if you're violent while drunk it's because you're violent in general. Honestly, it just makes you dizzy.
>>
>>16960962
He's saying he doesn't want to risk drinking underage, getting caught, and having something put on a criminal record which would negatively affect employment chances with the government.

Someone doesn't need to try something to understand why they don't like it. But it is the same narrow-mindedness to judge others for doing something that you don't as it is when you judge them for not doing something that you do.

Different strokes for different folks.
>>
look up you old drinkin buddies post results
4 dead (1 raped and murdered)
1 cancer, and bone problems
1 severe brain damage
1 wheelchair
1 sex offender
>>
>>16961009

Drinking underage isn't going to get him a criminal record that would in any way prevent him from getting needed security clearances, and that's IF he gets in trouble with the law, which is unlikely, unless he puts himself in a stupid situation. Cops aren't out storming parties breathalyzing kids. Regardless, a citation for minor in possession of alcohol or in consumption of alcohol is basically scrubbed from your record in most states after completion of a course or whatever and won't even show up on a background check.

I'm not saying he needs to try it to see if he likes it or not, but he said he "loathes" it and he clearly fiercely judges people who enjoy it. That's a big difference from "eh I'm not gonna partake."

Like I said, I don't care what he does. But he's surrounding himself with people who clearly do drink, is calling them "degenerate," and he is indeed out of touch, which is what he originally asked about.

Also, he's likely one of those kids with a stick so severely stuck up his ass that he's going to end up hating a government job - he's got this idea that they're all straight laced and never have broken a rule in their lives, and he's going to be sorely mistaken when he's taking the piss for being such a boring piece of shit when he actually gets in.

Source: a solid 65% of my family works in government & military.
>>
>>16961010

>Cop
>Political advisor
>3 Architects
>Director of Corporate Development for a Fortune 500 company
>3 Lawyers
>3 work for Zappos.com
>1 librarian?
>1 guy sells solar panels, he's the outlier

Looks like you just had bad drinking buddies.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.