[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can't cry anymore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: makocry.jpg (47 KB, 377x640) Image search: [Google]
makocry.jpg
47 KB, 377x640
Okay so this is going to sound really weird but I can't cry anymore and it's starting to worry me.

Over the last three years many of my family members and friends have died, I went through a bad divorce, and had to build my life up again from scratch. Somewhere along the way I convinced myself that crying doesn't solve anything and just stopped doing it. The thing is that now, even though things are getting better, things continue to happen but everything stays bottled up. Something is growing that needs to be released but as hard as I try, I'm unable to. I'm worried that once something else happens -like losing another family member- and I'm finally able to let go the overwhelming amount of shit I need to let go of will probably kill me.

When my grandmother passed, the last of my close family, I lay in her bed and cried for six hours. My face was swollen for days. That was almost two years ago and while I have been able to shed a few tears since then at other funerals and such, I haven't been able to really cry for more than 20 seconds or so at a time.

Is this some thing people just grow out of? If not, how can it be fixed? I just really need a good cry. Thinking about sad shit doesn't help.
>>
You don't need a really good "cry"

Channel your frustration into something more productive
>>
>>16958240
That's what I've been doing but now I'm depressed. It feels like this is holding me back
>>
>>16958318
If it didn't work the first time you cried for 6 hours, why do you think round two will work?

All you're doing is chasing the feeling, chasing that high like a degenerate gambler. Play a different game, this ones not for you.
>>
I know the feeling but grieving is natural and yeah it sucks,but it needs to be a healthy process, like talking with someone. It sounds like you're nearing territory where a behavioral health professional needs to help you. Either talk and or medication. Crying can be helpful- you're getting it out of your system but you need to be talking with someone as well- professionally. Crying for that much time like you mentioned puts a lot of stress on your heart. usually are called grief counselors. If you're in school, university or community, they should have them and they are free to talk to.
>>
Crying is healthy, OP. Maybe you should talk to someone about it, or see someone.

Channeling your frustration elsewhere won't make it go away, it'll just distract you.

What tips me off that you need to deal with this is the fact that you said
>things continue to happen but everything stays bottled up. Something is growing that needs to be released but as hard as I try, I'm unable to.

I'm not you. I don't know why you're subconsciously unable to feel deeply enough to cry. But it sounds like you have an idea.
>>
>>16958403
Thanks. Wasn't sure how big of an issue it was. I'll be seeking help come Monday

>>16958405
>I don't know why you're subconsciously unable to feel deeply enough to cry. But it sounds like you have an idea.
It was a conscious decision one day after a few realizations. Also, I'm afraid of going to the really painful memories alone. Also, thanks
>>
Talking to people, crying about it doesn't help. Everyone will offer cheap advice like that but it's meaningless.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.