[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Simulation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1456601731391.jpg (733 KB, 1024x671) Image search: [Google]
1456601731391.jpg
733 KB, 1024x671
Been noticing a lot of strange things. Coincidences that are too strange to just be that. Certain phrases appearing everywhere. Me thinking of things and people only to have them pop up in my life seconds to minutes later. It's too strange. I can't tell if this is real anymore. Am I in a simulation? Is the randomization of the simulation failing? Like a computer error? Lack of RAM? How can I escape? I can't live like that, if the world is going to be like that.
>>
You may be having a psychosis. Try speaking with a therapist/psychiatrist
>>
God I feel this. I've felt this like for a year and some nights its very strong like all the people in the place are simulations.

It's not psychosis. It's actually possible if not probable that we are living in the Matrix lol.
>>
>>16958112
I guess if you want to get all philisophical, yes it is possible, however if OP is not sure what is real or not, that is pretty much the definition of a psychosis. Noticing patterns or "signs" around you is something I've experienced and I was later diagnosed with a psychosis. I thought my life was like the Truman Show. That shit is not fun.
>>
>>16957809

'Yvan eht Nioj'
>>
Syncbuzed city

Do what you BELIVE WITH STRENGTH N G0D!
>>
>>16957809
ICARUS FOUND YOU
ICARUS FOUND YOU
ICARUS FOUND YOU
RUN WHILE YOU CAN
RUN WHILE YOU CAN
RUN WHILE YOU CAN
>>
>>16957809
life is preordained. you have no control.
>>
>>16957809
>Coincidences that are too strange to just be that
Trust me, there is no such thing.
It's just that, a very improbable coincidence, wait long enough and they happen all the time.
>>
>>16957809
we always remember the hits we never remember the misses. Coincidences feel that way because you dwell on them.
>>
>>16958112
I knew I wasn't alone!

>>16958294
Maybe you're right.

>>16957813
I may try doing this. I've been feeling very stressed out recently.
>>
>>16958294
This. Brains are exceptionally adept at looking for patterns. So adept at looking for them that we often see patterns when they aren't there.

e.g. Pareidolia, where we see faces in nonliving objects, or the concept of "lucky streaks" when it's just random chance.
>>
>>16958777
This.

Shermer's The Believing Brain talks about this and calls it 'patternicity.'

That said, marijuana essentially induces acute psychosis for me.
>>
>>16957809
>>>/x/
>>
>>16959260
I am a HEAVY smoker...hmm.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.