[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello adv. I dont want to sound like an uncaring asshole but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-03-24-16-59-15~2.jpg (153 KB, 1050x1327) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-24-16-59-15~2.jpg
153 KB, 1050x1327
Hello adv.
I dont want to sound like an uncaring asshole but why is it that a lot of my friends comes to me for help with their life and mental problems.

>A girl cried to me cause she was afraid she was gonna fail a test
>friend A went through a suicidal phrase and i was always there to get him out of it, giving him positivity and wisdom
>friend B currently (pic related) doesnt fit in very well and is generally failing school. Says dumbshit and lose all his friends then come to me saying he was betrayed
>friend C was depressed last year and started cutting, i also tried to help him somewhat.

I feel like so many people in my friend circle are mentally ill and it seems that they all come to me to say their problems. I dont mind helping out a friend but when its constantly messaging about negative stuff i feel its taking a toll on my mind as well. I never tell my problems to anyone and always suck it up. In ways i am getting tired of everyone coming to me and i want to have friends who arent so weak minded and deal with their shit themselves. How can i deal with this adv.

Thank you
>>
>>16953700
Because you don't have any friends you could tell about it. That's why they abuse you and you posted it here.
>>
>>16953700
>mentally ill

You sound two faced, like you care but you think they're a piece of shit
>>
Tell them to stop. People will talking to you about their problems until you tell them to stop. If you don't speak then people will assume you want to continue to listen. If you don't want them to think like this then speak up. Be direct, make a short sentence, say you're not interested to listen and stand your ground. That's it.
>>
>>16953709
Why should i give negativity to people's lives. Everyone already has enough to deal with and i wanna make the people i care about not worry and stress about me.
>>16953717
I want them to deal with their problem themselves rather than coming to me and reporting how their day was shit every day. I dont mind helping if there is a problem for a while and i want themto be better but when it's consistent and four people telling you how shit their day was it just makes my day horrible as well. I went through a depression phrase and even when life was at my lowest point, i just came back to my room and cried my eyes out but i never tried to give my shit to anyones life.
>>
>>16953700
>Never tell my problems to anyone and suck it up

You'll be joining them on the mental illness train soon enough, OP. Then it will be someone else judging you for your problems.
>>
>>16953723
If you don't speak then people will assume you want to continue to listen.
Best advice here so far.
>>16953813
Then fucking tell them. If they're your friends they'll understand. You're trying to paint this picture where they're the bad guys for endlessly bitching to you when the reality is they just want someone to talk to and you've presented yourself as someone who's more than happy to listen.
>>
>>16953700
Congratulations, you really look good or like your life is together, thus your friends who look up to you seek your guidance to get on your level.

Dont help them all the way, dont make their problems yours, just give them general advice and hope they dont come back.
>>
>>16953700
Just say you're dealing with your own stuff right now and don't want to talk about it.

If they get angry they're likely selfish shits and not real friends. If they try to encourage you to talk you could just straight up tell them what's eating you and get a healthy friendship.

You're not peoples Mom or personal head doctor. You don't always have to be a crowds shoulder to cry on.
>>
Cuz you're a psych major
>>
>>16953700
Because they're your friends and you sound very young, and young people have problems that they blow out of proportion. And then they vent about it to their friends because that's what friends do. So stop posting your friends' private texts on 4chan you insensitive dickhead.
>>
>>16953723
>>16953846
>>16953860
>>16953862
>>16953947
Thanks everyone for the kind wisdom
>>
>>16954029
Suck a dick, faggot.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.