[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Day three no weed after years of heavy use. Any advice on getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1458721821671.jpg (40 KB, 311x395) Image search: [Google]
1458721821671.jpg
40 KB, 311x395
Day three no weed after years of heavy use.

Any advice on getting sleep and keeping anxieties at bay?
>>
In the same boat as you, only it's also coupled with an MDMA comedown. I'd get some melatonin for sleep and some L-Theanine to help with the anxiety. Unfortunately, you'll mostly have to ride it out for a couple of days.

The good news is that the point that you're at right now is the worst that it will probably be. I know that whenever I go on a T break it's between the 3rd and 5th day that I get the worst of it.

Godspeed.
>>
I have smoked weed multiple times a day for almost 2 years, I know exactly what you're talking about when you quit. Make sure that you are staying hydrated and eating well, since your body is probably used to weed with meals and you might feel weird for a couple of weeks. You probably shouldn't but alcohol or zzzquil helped me on some nights where I had work and I could NOT fall asleep. If you want to go more healthy I'd just take some melatonin before bed. I'm sorry that I don't have more advice to give, I hope that you feel better soon.
>>
>>16952818
>>16952818

Thanks, guys. Melatonin sounds like the best option. I'd rather not replace a drug with a drug, but this lack of sleep is really interfering with my daily life. The anxiety is enough of a headache. I never realised just how lazy my mind really was when I was smoking habitually. I feel very different already. . . .
>>
File: 1447416424190.png (434 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1447416424190.png
434 KB, 1024x768
I binge drink when I stop smoking weed after awhile
Fill the void with another drug

I call it the "Two Day Turbulence"
It's where everything in life sucks for the next few days after quitting weed due to dopamine depletion
>>
Careful with Melatonin though--it's a hormone & could fuck your body in other ways with too much use.

It has helped me, but I didn't know the downside until I started becoming really irritable & my boyfriend noticed my behavior had changed dramatically.

Also helpful: cutting back on caffeine (limited myself to one cup of coffee/day and only before noon), detoxing (lots of probiotics & lemon+ginger+hot water), and exercise to exhaust myself.

gl
>>
Same situation here my man

Need some advice as well. I recently found a stash of ambien from a couple years back and am going to use that to keep the anxiety and cravings down for a few days. Is this a good or bad idea?
>>
>>16952885
Melatonin is a supplement, not a drug. You already make it in your own body naturally.
>>
>>16952806
My dear friend who is also going through the weed withdrawals... good luck man. Really. Know that you are not alone with this.

I've been clean for 2.5 weeks. Like this anon said: >>16952818 the first week is the worst. Mood swings, sweating, can't eat, can't sleep, etc. Take melatonin but get off of that as soon as you physically can - it's addictive and it'll double your insomnia if you take too much too consistently.

After week one, you will probably start having extreme nightmares. I know I do - people dying, getting ripped apart, etc.

Just try to recognize when the weed is affecting you vs. reality. I know that mental process helped me, "OK, this isn't me, this is the weed. It'll pass."

If you've got something important coming up, see if you can get a benzo but, like melatonin, benzos are really addictive so use sparingly.

Also, exercise. Exercise your ass off. It'll speed up the release of THC from your fat cells as you burn the calories, thereby giving you a natural high that also cleans your system out.

Good luck.
>>
>>16954696

The fucking nightmares bro, easily the worst part of the entire detox.

Im 2 weeks in, last night I had a dream where I was trying to run from a group of people and I couldn't quite find the right angle of running lol, it was like I had to do the michael jackson "smooth criminal lean" just to get momentum.
>>
>>16954881
>it was like I had to do the michael jackson "smooth criminal lean" just to get momentum
>oh gawd mah sides
I am cracking up over here... but I know exactly what you mean. Crazy dreams. I was in the walking dead last night in my mind, running for my life, stabbing zombies trying to eat me, etc. etc.... at the end of the dream I just said fuck it and started killing everyone and tearing them apart with my bare hands.

It's really crazy how weed withdrawal affects some people.

Stay strong weed withdrawal anon. We've got this.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.