[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pls help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: 1.jpg (90 KB, 400x1049) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
90 KB, 400x1049
Hey /adv/ literal autism here

So whenever I hear someone play the cello I feel sensations in my body akin to using drugs, it just feels amazing

So I went to a website and ordered a cello under a payment plan, I have like $100 in my checking, they're going to contact me and set up the plan, I just got a new job making $200 a week, the cello and accessories are $1500.

How do I make sure I don't fuck myself further? I'm just scared of ordering it and not picking it up since I'm a mental fuck up and extremely lazy/need specific stimuli and any given time. I just ordered a fucking cello. Fuck me. I'm poor as fuck what am I doing? Oh god dammit. Fuck it.

Any advice?
>>
File: 4.jpg (333 KB, 1500x1227) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
333 KB, 1500x1227
someone pls comfort me ;_; I'm 19 years old dropped uni twice in and out of psych wards I know this'll probably end badly, my parents gave me $500 out of what little they had to make me go back to Uni this fall and I'm saving money for that and just bought a cello on a payment plan.

Since I can't unfuck this how do I prevent further fuckage? Should I try to sell some of my instruments (first acoustic and electric guitar, broken, maybe my laptop, etc etc)?
>>
File: 3.jpg (10 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
10 KB, 480x480
pls
>>
File: 2.jpg (114 KB, 1230x525) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
114 KB, 1230x525
any anon?
>>
I took cello lessons for a while as a kid, it was good times. Your fingers and hands should hurt in the beginning, that's normal. Lucky for you, you live in this glorious age of technology. You can find an app to help yourself tune it, and tutorials on YouTube for how to play. It's all on you, and how much time you want to put into it.
If I were you I would look for a cheap book an Amazon to cover the basics, how to hold the bow, proper hand technique, this type of thing is very important.
>>
>>16951200
>the cello and accessories are $1500.
Yikes. You should have just bought a bunch of solo cello CDs, like Yo Yo Ma performing the Bach suites or something. Playing any of the string instruments are very difficult. I've been playing violin for 20 years and a new set of strings costs me around $150 (I have a brand preference) about once a year, and rehairing the bow costs about $90.

Sell some shit so you don't get into a deeper financial hole, anon. There is an extremely high likelihood you will never take to the instrument unless you have a fantastic teacher, and even then it is very difficult to start out for someone who, like you said, has literal autism. I have a very mild case of autism and am incredibly sensitive to sounds, so whenever anything is even remotely out of tune, it's like someone stabbing me in the ears and I flip out. Because of this, I did not do well in group lessons and had to have private lessons even when I was a kid.

Look up articles on financial advice. It seems like you are really looking for ways to save money and pay for the cello, not a music advice thread or anything, which is what I first thought from your OP image.
>>
>>16951200
Cancel it.
>>
>>16951301
>>16951341
Thank you for your input and well written responses.

I definitely feel with the specific sharp sounds anon, I used to flip a shit when people would hum or sing songs out of tune near me or whistle shit tier renditions of my favorite songs. It got worse as I got more into music.

At my local library I got a basic music theory book and a book called "Cello: William Pleeth - Yehudi Menuhin Music Guides" its quite detailed. If I stick with this it will be the first time I stick with anything in my life, and I really want to make music that makes me and others feel good. Mainly me.

Will sell some shit, save money indeed. I get CD's from the library too, already got Yo-Yo Ma's work, Alisa Weilerstein, Johannes Moser, Pierre Fournier, etc etc.

Alright I'll look up financial advice articles I suppose. I've actually been playing guitar for 5 years, so my hands are calloused I just pick them a lot (I have this thing for picking skin).

>>16951343
Its too late now anon, its all ogre.
>>
>>16951373
If you have been playing guitar for 5 years, you definitely have way more potential than an average person just starting an instrument for the first time at 19, so that's good. But either way, you NEED a teacher. Breaking bad habits is so much worse than starting out the right way. Trust me, you can damage your own muscles or end up being stuck with an embarrassing habit that inhibits your playing. Some shit can take years to fix. A beginner's teacher should only cost 30-50 dollars an hour, depending on where you live. 60 is standard, but no one should charge an absolute beginner that. It'd be unfair.
>>
>>16951200
the cello has tremendous meme opportunities
>>
>>16951389
Got it, thanks anon. I'll get a teacher as well. Problem is I live near NYC, not enough money to commute to NYC from my city for the local cellists, and I live in a very modest home with others, i.e no space, so I'll see if I can ask my library for some help and just use one of the unused upstairs rooms for an hour a week or something.

>>16951391
such as?
>>
>>16952049
Wait with the teacher until you have paid off your debt. Even if it sucks not beong able to play on it, another 5o bucks weekly will ensure you will have to loan or sell the cello.
Don't be an idiot as well. Calculate how far you can go down in your standards to pay it off as quick as possible.

On a different note, and if it really is like a drug to you, what you did was pretty unautistic. Lots of people spend their last penny on drugs.
>>
>>16951200
http://www.blocket.se/eslov/Cecilio_Cello_4_4_Vit_65888301.htm?ca=15

600 bucks chinese cello barely used.... Should have bought that instead... ooops thats sweden

fuck you
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.