[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SO I just realized my entire life is meaningless. I have no use
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: wide_eyed_neo.jpg (18 KB, 300x287) Image search: [Google]
wide_eyed_neo.jpg
18 KB, 300x287
SO I just realized my entire life is meaningless. I have no use to anyone. I feel like I'm fucking bugging out. If I'm dead, people would mourn for maybe a year or two and then move on, just like we did with my dad. And the meager acquaintances I know will forget me even faster than Bieber's new haircut.

What do I do?
>>
>>16941764
idk, religiously follow a religion?
>>
>>16941764
Whatever you want.

Your life hasn't changed at all.
>>
>>16941767
But to what end anon? I was raised a Hindu. I fell off it sometime around 15. It's just been a steady decline since I stopped believing in a gods. I mean I still pray when stuff gets unbearable. No gods for boredom.
>>
>>16941769
That's kind of terrifying to think about. I've been trying to think of something to do but it all seems as useless as the previous idea. What does this all mean? I never studied philosophy. I never took a civics class in my life.

Everyone else seems to know at least some kind of answer. And I'm just mimicking a goldfish when people ask me what I do. I can't even settle on a job.
>>
>>16941772
The Indians didn't invent a god for boredom?
>>
>>16941777
I'm afraid not. If I try calling them for support, they put me on hold for months.
>>
>>16941772
maybe your lack of devotion is the reason for them "putting you on hold"
>>
>>16941784
That's the thing. Believing in something like religion requires me to suspend my disbelief in such things. And while it's one of the more relaxed religions, there are still many rules and regulations one needs to follow.

I guess lack of devotion and commitment to anything is what got me here.
>>
>>16941786
now you know your flaws, go on and be free!
>>
Pick up your bible and read ecclesiastes
>>
>baby's first existential crisis

Cute.
>>
>>16941764
dud what do you expect? everyone dies. what if we would mourn everyone forever, the entire world would mourn mourn mourn every second. thats just normal and healthy to carry on.
>>
Iktf, unfortunately, the closest anyone's got to 'solving' an existential crisis is getting distracted and forgetting about it eventually.
I suppose the problem is the psychological inclination to expect meaning, when there's no particular reason for the universe to reciprocate.

There a philosophical idea called absurdism regarding the above, try reading around that - at least you can be sure you're not the only one who's thought the same thing.
>>
>>16941764
>I have no use to anyone.

The first step in to the right direction is to start living for yourself, this doesn't you should just slack off but really work to become the person you want to be, learn things you want to learn and do things you want to do and experience things you want to experience.

Life is too short to spend in front of a monitor.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.