[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's it like to be a teacher ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 0101.jpg (59 KB, 1059x705) Image search: [Google]
0101.jpg
59 KB, 1059x705
>>
You spend 8-10 hours a day working to come into a class that shits all over you and gives no fucks about what you're saying.

Repeat 5x a week, 250 days a year. Summers are BS teacher training.

Good luck anon.
>>
NEEEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR a teacher. I'd rather clean toilets for a living.
>>
Two of my friends are teachers and my sister-in-law is a teacher. Two of them teach younger kids and don't really seem to complain too much about their jobs. One does sometimes but he teaches in a poor town so most of the people are ignorant and don't take care of their children so they have shitty kids. So he has to deal with shitty parents every once in awhile. The other friend teaches high school, also in a shit town, so he has to do deal shitty kids with shitty attitudes on daily basis.

So I guess from that I can assume if you teach kids in a decent part of the city/town it probably isn't that bad. You're practically a babysitter teaching incredibly basic things.
>>
>>16939967
Dude I used to give my teachers so much hell.

Needless to say capital Fuck that.
>>
>>16940523
I teach 5/6 year olds. The paperwork is fucking phenomenal earless of age you teach.
You have to get a bunch of tiny children to learn stuff that's pitched too hard for them because the government says so and they'll get you if your data and pass rate isn't perfect.
You'll work evenings weekends and holidays. The pay is ok in the uk if you teach in inner London but obviously don't fucking do this. The pay is shit when you divide it by hours worked.

I've even taught as young as 3/4 and the sane shit is true. Worse because the kids can't even put their own gloves on but need to learn to write or you get shot.

They change the curriculum and the way they want you to teach about twice a year.

Do something else with your life man.
>>
Maddening. If you want to get blamed for everything, even things that are 100% out of your control, and you like spending your weekends preparing for the next week and your evenings preparing for the next day, it is the job for you.

Also, most of your peers will be dumb shits.
>>
>>16939967
>>16939967
Teach college age kids or not at all IMO. They're the only people who will give a fuck about what you're saying.
>>
I don't know but I'll be starting in November. I'll be teaching ESL in Thailand. I'm excited.
>>
Do you have a life that you enjoy?

Then start teaching of you want that life to be over.

Married to one for ages
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.