[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boyfriend not very communicative
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: banneradezpicture.png (54 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
banneradezpicture.png
54 KB, 300x100
I have a new boyfriend, but somethings up with him?

The guy is a salesman, and I've seen him work, he's all you know, happy, smiles, talking a lot, hand gestures, back slapping.

Mostly, it's the talking.

That's how he was on the first date too.

Since the second date on, everytime I spend time with him and he's not working, he's strange with me.

He speaks once every 15-30 minutes, and when he does, very deliberately, and very cryptic too.

He'll listen to me talk for 30 minutes, and when I ask him what he thinks, it's always a biblical quote, or a saying, or something.

"A fool and his money are soon separated"
"Risk breeds opportunity"
"Early bird gets the worm"
"May he who did not toil the fields not eat"

Stuff like that.

I'm getting kinda tired of it.

It feels sorta like he's some kind of actor or something when he's working, but I'm not sure I like the real him as much as the acting
>>
>>16938281
yeah I'm the same way

at work and on the first date he was "on"

he was doing a job

the quiet listening and not feeling like saying much is his real personality, him being comfortable with you is him not feeling like he has to be "on"
>>
>>16938287

so basically what youre saying is he was pretending to be someone he's not... on me, on the date, like I was an 80 year old lady on the phone he was trying to sell shit too
>>
>>16938281
I'd be so pissed by that, I'd just break up.

If he can't hold a conversation, just don't.

He's like that at work because he has to be. Probably the last thing he wants to do when he's relaxing.

Also, a lot of those responses are supposed to be moral or advice. Are you complaining to him about things? It could be a response to things he doesn't know how to answer.
>>
>>16938295
On a first date, everyone is trying to sell themselves. Don't be insulted, the guy is feeling comfortable around you
>>
>>16938295
yes, that is exactly what happened

he knew he couldnt be himself on the first date because his real self is too boring
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 206x201) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 206x201
>>16938281
>"A fool and his money are soon separated"
>"Risk breeds opportunity"
>"Early bird gets the worm"
>"May he who did not toil the fields not eat"

LMAO! Your bf sounds like a p. cool guy.

You sound like a frigid cow.
>>
Who you are at work is typically who you're not at home
>>
Sounds like you spend all your time together complaining and asking for advice. He's probably tired of it and just gives you platitudes because he's not listening anymore.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.