[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've posted before about this, but every time I get drunk,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 151.png (108 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
151.png
108 KB, 500x500
I've posted before about this, but every time I get drunk, the notion occurs to me...

I feel like being drunk makes me "normal". Like suddenly I understand what it takes to fit in with the rest of humanity. When I'm sober and dealing with people during work or life in general, I have such a short temper. I'm easily annoyed by other people's idiocy or ignorance, and I always feel like I care too much about every little detail, and like I'm the only one who gives a fuck. I feel like I'm surrounded by people who don't give a shit, and half-ass their way through everything they do, completely unaware of the fact that they're doing so.

Then, every once in a while, I decide to spend the night drunk, and everything is just so much easier for me. I'm still completely functional, but nothing bothers me. I have tons of friends who, when they're drunk, become obnoxious and stupid and basically completely non-functional, but I feel like when I'm drunk, the only thing I become is tolerant. I'm just fine with everything.

Suddenly I understand why people become alcoholics. It's a much better way to live life. I feel like I could be buzzed 24/7, and nobody would know, and I would be infinitely more happy with every aspect of my life, and I feel like the moment I admit that, I'll just become an alcoholic and start drinking every day, instead of just once a week or so.

I'm not really asking you to talk me out of this, but does anyone else feel this way?
>>
The mark of an alcoholic is that being Drunk doesn't feel the same way as it does to you now
You will not enjoy it, and you will be worse off than before

You overtime, overanalyze, and care too much, if yiu want to fit in with the kind of people alcohol makes you fit in (not to sound like I'm talking down to you or them) then fix these things in a way without alcohol
How you do that, I'd up to you to figure out
>>
>>16937152
I didn't know it was possible to care too much. I have a hard time not caring. I'm passionate about everything I do in life, even the stuff that I hate. I always want to give 100% or nothing at all. When I'm surrounded by people that are okay with not giving a shit, it makes me wonder why I bother at all.

I don't want to "fit in" at all, but it occurs to me that it is so much easier.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.