[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is suicide wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1442380944885.gif (360 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1442380944885.gif
360 KB, 480x480
Is suicide wrong?
>>
No.
>>
Depends on the situation you're in. Sometime's its a drastic response to a temporary bad situation, other times its a way to avoid a slow and painful death.
>>
>>16935019
No, it's great for removing weak genetics from the gene-pool.
>>
There is no objective right or wrong. It's wrong according to most moral ideals, but that's about it.
>>
>>16935019
It's the best decision anyone can make.
>>
I think generally it is morally wrong and genuinely irrational, but sometimes -- mostly in cases where someone is ill and the illness is both terminal and progressing, like if you have Huntington's Chorea -- it is necessary.

Most of the time suicidal people have a treatable mental illness, though, and should just start seeing the relevant mental health professionals.
>>
>>16935019
Nah. Go for it, bub.
>>
Well, depends how many people care for you and how many people love bc most of the time the only reason why suicide is bad is bc other people are too emotionally attached to others. Don't let your depression cloud your view on how many people love you. If no one cares, kys. If people do care and love you, stay
>>
>>16935019
It's wrong in that it's against nature, if you subscribe to that kind of viewpoint. Hundreds of millions of years of evolution has resulted in you, an incredible biological machine with remarkable redundancy and survival skills, tuned to stay alive and spread your genes at all costs.

Furthermore, many people who kill themselves do so because of temporary issues, real or perceived, which they feel they can't escape from and irrationally take the decision.

It's also wrong in that it devastates anyone who is even vaguely close to you.

I will say that, if someone with, for example, an incurable degenerative disease confided in me that they intended to do it, I would not try to talk them out of it. I believe in a right to die for cases like that.

In any other case, I would get them whatever help I could immediately.
>>
Nah, civil rights bro.
>>
File: 1454710153486.jpg (151 KB, 1279x1023) Image search: [Google]
1454710153486.jpg
151 KB, 1279x1023
Answer?
>>
File: 1322379939526.jpg (24 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1322379939526.jpg
24 KB, 1280x800
>>16936513
counterpoint
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.