[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I know who my true self is?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: sengoku.gif (166 KB, 500x203) Image search: [Google]
sengoku.gif
166 KB, 500x203
I would like to know the answer to this simple question.

Recently I have been thinking about life and to this moment I believe I have been doing nothing but what others expect from me, or at the very least, projecting in myself something I see off cool in a propaganda, game, movie, or whatever.

It feels a bit like I'm a blank cavas who has been painted on by many different factors, and I'm not really myself.

I've been thinking about this a lot and I can't help but suppose that there's nothing as being yourself, people just are the result of the immediate envorinment, combined with their "original, primal self", as I'd like to put it.

If anything, if one cannot find the answer to the question I ask here, I understand that he should pursue a hedonistic lifestyle, without any greater goals other than the immediate comfort and pleasure, this is what I've been doing for some months now, but I can't get this thought - who am I? - out of my head.

The very idea of me asking you gentlemen this question is already a contradiction and counter intuition at best, because if I follow your own advice, I won't be doing something by myself - I won't be using my autonomy, figuring things by myself, exploring life by myself, values which I praise a lot personally (being autonomous and finding stuff for yourself alone). I'd be just be someone else, again.

So I need to ask if anyone can relate to this feeling that I have, if anyone has ever felt like it, and what did you do, I think I need help figuring out what to do with my life.

I'd like to add I'm just 18 and suppose I still have a long way to go in life.
>>
Your true self is a manlet that posts gifs of lolis.

In other words, you'll always be alone no matter how many girls you fuck. You'll never have a close relationship, never love someone enough to have a child with them

Cheers!
>>
>>16928475
>never love someone enough to have a child with them
if love was a requirement for that, there would be a lot less kids in the world
>im not op
>>
>>16928463
Meditate more, senpai
>>
File: 1458114550333.jpg (783 KB, 1068x1258) Image search: [Google]
1458114550333.jpg
783 KB, 1068x1258
Many people have felt like this.

If you don't want to, follow this form.

Sit and think about your values, what's important to you. What you want to achieve. And do it.

Nothing is really original when there are 10 billion people who've also walked the planet. Don't fuss over the idea.
>>
>>16928475

>lolis

Snake is 14, the legal age in most of the world, including from where I am from and Japan too.

>manlet

I'm 6'4.

Try again.
>>
>>16928463
You're still very young, for one to truly figure out who they're they need to step out their comfort zone and do all sorts of things.
To get to really know yourself you need to see things, hear things, try things, experience things, plan things, fail things, learn things, try things again.

The more you do this the faster you grow up and get to know yourself, for me it was mid twenties when life simply blasted ton of changes in my direction. I moved out, got a job, learned a skill or two, met a lot of new people including my girlfriend and tried my best to not just sit in front of computer playing games. That's a lot of shit withing 2-3 years.
But when you're faced with a great change or a challenge you tend to learn new things about yourself.
>>
If you're worrying about being genuine, then don't.

Even if you're a pastiche of say, 50 different things you watched or people you know or experiences you've or advices you've read, then that's fine because that's how everyone else is.

Eventually you become a unique combination of your experiences and that's fine.
>>
>>16928668
This sounds reasonable but one thing I know myself is I'm afraid of things. This developed because no matter what I do, I fail. I don't even try doing things anymore. I don't even care about my health or anyone in my family, I just try to take pleasure in day to day life and minimize pain.

So let's say I give you the following statement: "I cannot go out by myself and try new things by myself because I'm afraid, insecure and unconfident. I want stability and living this meaningless, hedonistic life gives me that."

How would you react?

Let's make it a hard challenge: you can't say "Just do it!" because I don't want to change at all, I just want to figure out the answers to these questions in a non troublesome way.
>>
>>16928475
Kek
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.