[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any advice for a recently turned 18 year old?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
Any advice for a recently turned 18 year old?
>>
>>16928446
Minimize debt. Learn a trade and get a job. Wear a condom and use Plan B when appropriate.
>>
>>16928446
Buy all the cigarettes, even if you don't smoke.
Stick it to the man.
>>
>>16928446
>Minimize debt.
So much this. OP, for the love of God, DO NOT get a private or unsubsidized loan (sub too, but they are far and away the least of 3 evils). The interest will accrue everyday while in school when you probably can't do shit to stop it. At least for me, it was maddening to watch.
>>
Go to fucking school, man. Get at least a 4 year degree and buckle the fuck down, don't mess it up. Take an easy one if you want, English, women's studies, whatever. Anyways, get that, then join the army at 22/23, use that to repay your loans, become an nco within two years, do that job for 12 to 20 years, retire and then use your bachelor's to teach.

Or, join and do a 4 year contract, get your school paid back, join the guard after your contract is up, do your guard job and your college job, retire twice.

Life on ez mode
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.