[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People in general not liking you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1323152371372.gif (2 MB, 331x255) Image search: [Google]
1323152371372.gif
2 MB, 331x255
I've been unpopular in pretty much every social circle I've ever been part of. At work and at uni, I'm 100% sure that most people dislike me because of all the weird passive-aggressive behavior I encounter.

I'm the first to admit I don't have a really pleasant personality: I'm anxious, shy, aggressive, and just a weirdo in general. But despite that, even when I make a good "first contact" it becomes just a matter of time before the person starts hating me. Usually it's because I could no longer sustain the "act" I'd put on when we met, or because my real personality, which the person may have found interesting for a few days, becomes tiresome.

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong, I've tried different approaches (being the quiet guy, the extrovert, the funny guy, being me, being someone I know who is popular and well-liked) and none of it really works. I'm at the "read popular social psychology books" stage of despair so I don't really know where I can go from here.
>>
>>16927203

>put on acts
>people don't like it

Maybe your problem is that you're a fucking tryhard? I'm a dick to everyone I meet, and I've still cobbled together a group of 5-10 lifelong friends post-uni.

Being yourself only works as a long-term action. If you keep having new personas, no one is going to stick around to find out which one is real.
>>
>>16927203
>I tend to be unpleasant to people.
>They tend to be unpleasant back.

Can YOU see a connection there?
>>
>>16927203
Start by not being an idiot. Calm the fuck down and just chill out. Learn to relax and shut the fuck up from time to time. I know many people that just won't stop talking and say random shit to see if people like them. Improve your voice aswell. People with annoying voices tend to be unpopular.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.