[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you make irl friends if you have zero to begin with?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1420750054766.jpg (24 KB, 433x380) Image search: [Google]
1420750054766.jpg
24 KB, 433x380
How do you make irl friends if you have zero to begin with?

I'd like to talk with people in real life for once since I'm starting to feel empty but I have zero idea how to approach a stranger and even less ideas on how to make friends with someone. Doesn't help I'm ugly as sin and I tend to drop spaghetti.
>>
Idk. Please tell me if you find out ;_;
>>
>>16927147
school, work, meetups, interest based clubs, on steam groups for like online friends.
>>
>>16927147

High school: sit at the fucking lunch table and talk to people. Fuck, just start getting to the lunch room as fast as possible and be the first person at a different table every day. Keep it up until a group is affable, and then stay there.

College: be affable during group assignments, or form a study group. Invite the group out after a particularly taxing assignment/exam and grab a couple beers. Dropping spaghetti is fine. Jokingly calling someone's waifu a shit always works for me (do not do this about an IRL gf), if they have an anime girl as a laptop background or something.

Adult: Just google a local D&D group and contact them. I don't fucking care if you don't like role-playing. You're on 4chan, so you're going to like it. Deal with it.
>>
At some point you'll just accept being friendless ;_;
>>
>>16927210
Then there's no chance for someone living in a normie shithole where the nerdiest you'll find is a teenager that likes harry potter
>>
>>16927147
Don't start with strangers. Start with acquaintances.

Say hello to your neighbor, the kid next to you in class, the clerk who always waits on you at the corner store, the person sitting near you in the coffee shop or snack bar.

Tomorrow do it again. Then gradually progress to "Nice/lousy day, huh?" and the like. At some point introduce yourselves. Before you know it, chatting with them will become part of your daily routine. Some of them will know other people, who they'll introduce you to. Someone will mention a new movie. Someone will say let's go see it this weekend.
>>
>>16927474
>the kid next to you in class

pretty sure people here don't have that kind of occasion anymore, and among the stuff you said only the nighbor one is a valid option for me, except for the fact nothing ever happened in years aside being just on ok relationships
>>
>>16927405

>normie shithole

There's no such thing. I lived in a town with a population of 500, most of them coal miners or unemployed trailer trash, and still had three D&D groups to pick between.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.