[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When a therapist says "your parents did the best they could"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 1000x1500
When a therapist says "your parents did the best they could" is that like code for they abused/neglected you?
>>
No, it means your parents did the best they could, idiot.

Clearly they didn't do well enough, since you're a moron.
>>
It means you shouldn't blame them for how you turned out.
>>
No, it means your parents did the best they could. It means don't blame your parents for your shit
>>
You gain nothing from assuming that people speak in codes. If you want to know what your therapist thinks then ask your therapist what they think.
>>
>>16924208

depends on the context. what did you say immediately before she said that?
>>
>>16924233
Basically, how did my parents do raising me after we talked about how my grandmother abused and neglected my mother (she lied about there being any abuse in her family).
>>
>>16924267

you didnt quite answer the question, so we cant really tell you what she meant. we are not psychic.

we dont know what you told her about your parents raising me. we dont know why she said thats the best they could have done. we dont know if she meant emotionally based on their own background, or financially o what have you
>>
You can tell from his posts that OP is stupid as fuck. Probably a useless fat neckbeard NEET wasting space.
>>
>>16924208

Keep in mind that therapists need to keep a neutral or better rapport with their patients. If things get negative, the patient will stop listening to any advice. Because of this, they'll couch disagreements in neutral terms.

"Your parents did the best they could" is a neutral as fuck way of saying "your problems are not due to your parents, but it seems like you want to blame them anyway."
>>
It means that you need to take some responsibility for your life
>>
No, it means they did their best. They had the right intentions, but due to their own upbringing and shortfalls made mistakes. Either way you can't blame your parents for who you are.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.