[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey,boys and girls. I've been learning the english language
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: скачанные файлы.jpg (11 KB, 382x132) Image search: [Google]
скачанные файлы.jpg
11 KB, 382x132
Hey,boys and girls. I've been learning the english language on my own for half a year and now I'm at a crossroads. On the one hand, my eng is far from perfect and I still need to work hard and spend a lot of time on improving it,which I genuinely like to do. On the other hand, I study at university and I've recently realized that I don't have enough knowledge of my profession and I need to significantly expand it. Unfortunately, I can't do both at a time so I have to sacrifice either the language skills or career prospects. Just wanna ask a wise anon which way to pursue as it's very hard for me to drop out something where I haven't reached the goals i set up.
>>
the only way to learn a language is go where its spoken. can you do a study abroad or internship to somewhere where they will speak english?
>>
>>16923947
I'd like to,but I'm too poor for that.Learning a language takes a whole lot of time if you are surrounded by your native language, that's why I have to spend hours to improve it up to the advanced/fluent level.
>>
>>16923914
find a native english speaker that is willing to skype you for educational purposes. just practice having casual conversation, ask for correction/clarification where necessary. doing this for an hour or so a day should help you maintain what youve learned, and you will have the rest of your time for uni stuff
>>
I'm all for education and usually tell people having kids or another issue to stick with it but mastering English is probably more important. Isn't most of the material you are learning in English? How about writing papers and so forth? The reality is you will be judged by poor speaking and writing in almost any job that requires a degree. I'm assuming you are planning on living and working in the US or another English speaking country.
>>
>>16923976
It's hard to implement unless you're a girl with big boobs on an avatar pic with sexy voice.or your native language is demanded by the native english speakers.I tried to find a colloqutor on the language exchange sites for several months,but no one wanted to learn my useless language and talk to me.So sad.
>>16924023
I am not gonna work in any english speaking country. I have a dream to travel a lot and that's why i wanna be proficient. Will lurk 4chan,watch/read something and hope it will be enough to maintain.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.