[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dealing with a jealous girlfriend.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 12022010_kc1.jpg (61 KB, 602x375) Image search: [Google]
12022010_kc1.jpg
61 KB, 602x375
Does anyone have experience dealing with a jealous girlfriend? I've never cheated on her or even considered it. I sincerely love her and I want to marry her but this is draining. She knows it annoys me and she said she wants to change. What can I do to make her less jealous?
>>
File: giphy (2).gif (480 KB, 493x342) Image search: [Google]
giphy (2).gif
480 KB, 493x342
>>16923636
> I sincerely love her and I want to marry her
>>
>>16923643
Lol, honestly she would be perfect if this wasn't an issue.
>>
Problem is that if she's over 20, she probably won't change. If you really love her, have her go for therapy because a relationship can't last with someone like that.
>>
>>16923683
I've recommended that. I was hoping that she would be able to fix this herself but its not looking like she can/wants to.
>>
It's the age old question: how do you rationally deal with somebody who has an irrational problem? You can't. Either they change or you have to move on, and you can't force someone to change.
>>
File: 1452805342622.jpg (199 KB, 960x914) Image search: [Google]
1452805342622.jpg
199 KB, 960x914
I just got out of a LTR with a girl who was irrationally jealous, basically she had "issues" with men and right at the beginning of our relationship she learned that her ex had cheated on her with a mutual friend and had done so for the last year of their relationship (which ended nearly a year prior to me getting together with her). So, her fears were rational, but she applied those fears irrationally to me and my behavior. Me, I don't cheat because I have self control and I don't like hurting people. But basically whenever I did anything, she automatically assumed I did it to conceal a sexual relationship with another woman - anyone I texted, called, emailed - any time I spent with friends or by myself - any interaction in public with a girl, even eye contact, even right in front of her - this was all a reason to be jealous for her. We fought a bunch and yadda yadda yadda when I broke it off with her I told her (as she tearfully asked if it was because there was another woman) that I'd never slept with anyone else during our relationship, but that I sure as fuck was going to sleep with other people now and she only had herself to blame.

turns out that didn't matter and she still wants to be with me even though I'm dating other people now

...I don't get it.
>>
She's insecure, there's nothing you can do about that, she has to improve that on her own. I personally think if you can't trust someone you aren't ready to be in a relationship.

Also in my experience people who worry over cheating do so because they either 1. consider cheating a lot themselves and are projecting onto you or 2. have been cheated on in the past and need to resolve their issues before they are capable of a healthy relationship
>>
>>16923756
You're probably right. I don't what I can do but to offer to help pay for counseling.
>>
>>16923636
fart in her purse
>>
>>16923803
Yes I suppose, she has to want it and see what's wrong with her behavior and recognize the need to improve. If she's said she wants to change that's a good start.
>>
>>16923812
She knows she's irrationally jealous. She wants to change but it'll take some convincing to get her to see a therapist.
>>
>>16923848
Have you discussed it with her before?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.