[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>bf suddenly wants to take me to a place that I know was once
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
>bf suddenly wants to take me to a place that I know was once very sentimental to him and an ex

It's not like he kept telling me this place was off limits or anything. He didn't even tell me of his and his ex's experience there. But I was once friends with his ex and knew he gave her a ring there and that's where he told her he loved her for the first time or whatever.

It's a popular spot, his ex totally shit on him several years ago. He was very depressed for a few years before he met me. Ex cheated, became drug addicted psycho. So, yea. Very, very terrible ending had him kinda scarred.

Is him taking me there some personal way of just creating new memories? Covering the old? He's been very adamant on planning to go there with me. He says it's just something we have to do.

What should I think of this? Can't help thinking about what it means. Don't want to ask because I don't want him to know I know the personal ins and outs of that relationship without him knowing I've known the whole time... Is that justified?
>>
Gee whiz!!!

Do you suppose he'll give you a ring, too?

Golly gee!

Write a letter when he actually takes you or anything else actually happens irl.
>>
>>16921623
No, that's actually what I don't want him to do.
>>
>>16921632
why not? ;o
>>
>>16921665
Feels repetitive and not so special if I knew he did it with someone else before in the same way.

Just gives me like bad vibes. Like am I being compared to her? Why would he do the same thing over again with a different person?

I guess if he had a good reason for that specific place being about something else. I don't know how he personally feels about the place, but I just know that him and ex went there a lot and had important stepping stones of their relationship there and stuff.
>>
>>16921608
>>16921675

I wouldn't like it either, to be honest. It's hard, but you do have the option to talk about it and bring it up before anything may happen. Figure out why this place is so special to him. But then you run the chance of him lying to himself to appease your feelings. On the other hand, you could just wait and see what happens. Does the place have a deeper meaning to him, does he actually try to give you a ring, etc. I probably wouldn't accept the ring if he did the same exact shit with his ex. It just screams unresolved issues.
>>
>>16921684
Yea, I guess it does have to be talked about.

He generally hated that place, so when he started saying he wanted to go, I just kinda jokeishly was like "All of a sudden you want to go?" He got a little choked up (still excited though) and said that it'd just be a good/fun thing for us to go to together.

It is a nice place. A popular place couples go for the area we live in. I honestly just never would imagine him going back there with me.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.