[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best way to kill myself?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 1
File: light and shadow drawing.jpg (108 KB, 679x432) Image search: [Google]
light and shadow drawing.jpg
108 KB, 679x432
Hi /adv/, I've posted here before but I am going to post this again as I have something to add.

I'm 38. I've never had a date in the past as I had depression and was very reclusive. I'm now better, but from what I understand, dating is already too late for me. I see 30-year-old femanons posting on /adv/ and people already tell them it is too late, they're a loser, all the good ones are taken, they are stuck with creeps or forever alone. The fact that I've never dated is perceived as a red flag by men. All is hopeless.

I have more to add. There are still singles out there but most of them have children. I saw the replies to this post >>16913551 just now and it seems to be too late for me to be happily married, simply because most single men out there have kids and it seems extremely unlikely for a happy marriage to exist when the guy already has kids. As some in that thread said, it just leads to great misery in almost every case.

What is the best way to kill myself? All is hopeless for me.
>>
Stop being a whiny retard and keep dating
>>
>>16918829
What is there to see? Like people in that thread said, dating a guy with kids just leads to extreme unhappiness in almost every single case. And you know, the dating pool is pretty much mostly divorced men and most of these men have kids as most people choose to have kids.
>>
>>16918824
Shotgun to the head, get hit by a train...

Lostallhope <---- This site has good coverage of methods.

Unless you're looking for the 'holy grail' (no pain pls) the answer to which is probably not pills, since you're more likely to end up in the hospital with a fucked up liver and kidneys and more pain than you would like.

The shotgun is reported to be the best, since you blow your head off, the pain has no time to register.
>>
>>16918833
I've seen women who work out seriously get with men decades younger, so it's your fault for being lazy.
>>
>>16918836
I am not American.
>>
Please don't kill yourself OP because it would be the loss of a functional pussy, unless of course you're a coyote ugly land whale, in which case a long walk off a short pier would save the rest of us a lot of money and aggravation in having to subsidise your miserable existence.
>>
>>16918841
>women who work out seriously get with men decades younger
A young men won't pick me. I'm average-looking and I look younger than my actual age, but why would a decent guy in his 20s pick me when he could easily pick another girl in her 20s?
>>
>>16918848
Mostly because he knows and likes you. Plenty of people out there at your age anyway
>>
>>16918824
there's more to life than dating. do your thing, be happy alone.
>>
>>16918854
>Plenty of people out there at your age anyway
But like the other thread said, it is extremely unlikely to be happily married to a man with kids and most single people my age have kids. People in that thread said that a relationship with someone with kids will lead to extreme unhappiness - the people who disagree probably only just began dating a single parent so they have no idea how terrible it will become.
>>
>>16918842
What's your point?
It's not an Murican suicide hotline, if that's what you're assuming.
It's just a blog about suicide, minus the whole 'pls don't kill urself!!1' shit.
>>
>>16918861
Shotgun will not work in my area.
>>16918858
But I don't want to be alone.
>>
38 is not too old to be happily married. and a lot of people these days are actively choosing to not have kids so im sure there are single men without children your age. you just have to look for them. im 29f and single and when i read those posts about how women expire at 25 i just close the page. i look exactly the same as i did at 17 but i dont want to be in a relationship until i have something better to offer and a more stable life/income. I'd rather take time to find someone in a few years when i feel like i deserve them then rush now out of desperation and self sabotage. that would just waste more of my time and put me back further.
>>
>>16918883
>im sure there are single men without children your age
There are so few of them though. A lot of these men are probably single for a reason (eg. personality issues, doesn't want to be married, alcoholic, etc)
Some posters say that women tend to be more optimistic about expiring "later" and hence the optimism while reality is different.
>>
>>16918824
You are a very smart thinker, aren't you? Or you're just a lazy 38 yo kiddie that rather wants to find excuses than solutions and options, since you actually like sitting on your self-pity ass, complaning about how mean life is. Holy shit, fix your attitude or accept what you are or already off yourself, but please stop this pathetic crying for attention on the internet.

Have you ever actually been on a date or are you just sitting at home, looking for approval for your comfortable hopelessness?
>>
>>16918896
thats not necessarily true. people are more career focused than family focused with this generation. they could very well have just decided to not have kids. and yeah there are very few of them but there are very few of women in your situation as well. you have to put in the effort to find them. although i dont see the problem with them having kids. nothing hotter than a guy that is a great dad. both of my parents are happily remarried and i get along with both of my step parents.
>>
>>16918824
>>16918824
Frankly, you seem incredibly immature for 38 which is probably going to effect you more than anything else.

You're posting this like a 14-year-old girl going through her first emotional crisis, and it's surprising to me that as someone who supposedly had depression you have to ask such straightforward questions as "how do I kill myself" and "why does life suck". At 18, I had those edges rounded out and tucked away - surely with another twenty years under your belt, you know well enough how to kill yourself if you really mean to.

Again, you're not 14. You don't think, I'm certain, that pills are painless or that there's some silly miracle way to just go to sleep and never have anyone know what you did. You likely know the most effective, prompt ways to kill yourself are hanging or a gun, or that even things like pills or heights are effective if you really mean it.

But, I can't imagine you actually thought we'd give you a step by step manual and you clearly are here for attention and advice, or to just be melodramatic.
>>
>>16918896
>A lot of these men are probably single for a reason (eg. personality issues, doesn't want to be married, alcoholic, etc)

You mean, like you?
>>
>>16918901
I've browsed through online dating sites but I am not brave enough to try it due to safety reasons. A lot of men seem to have kids though and the other thread tells how it will lead to great unhappiness.
>>16918903
Very few women in my situation? This is true as a lot of people are married, but hey "all the good ones are taken" logic applies. I guess I am just a semi-normie outlier.
>>16918907
Well I am a semi-normie it the sense that I am very reclusive. It's not like I am addicted to alcohol or weed.
>>
>>16918906
If you really want to kill yourself, you can figure it out yourself.

What you clearly want is attention. If you're still stuck in this immature phase though, no one is going to care at this point. You're a middle-aged adult, not a child, and although you may have gotten pity as a child or even 20-something, you no longer will. You're the crazy aunt with a cat and a bottle of wine who cries at Christmas now, not the edgy goth cousin with a dark tragic past like you used to be.

You are right. You've wasted most the better part of your life doing nothing, assuming you aren't a career woman with a lucrative job; further more, you've derailed most your future happiness, for you can't undo the effects of this like you could if you'd gotten your shit together at 24.

But there's still happiness, if you really want to get your shit together. Stop whining, go out and meet people. Yes, a lot of them aren't going to be winners, but you likely are not either. If you're honestly going to kill yourself if you don't get married - which frankly isn't a lofty goal, and you should want more out of life than that - then you may as well try anyway.

You may find that there are men out there who have lives similar to yours. Mental illness or depression kept them from living active social lives 15-20 years ago, and now they're available but inexperienced. You may find men who had rocky starts - a divorce, business failure, maybe even jail - who now want a second chance and have improved themselves. You might find someone who has a disability or illness that made them less desirable, but they're a good person anyway. You may find someone who is widowed or divorced, but never had children, or who has adult children or no custody, or who may even have children you like - for children aren't cookie cutter and some of them would welcome a new step mother.

Hell, you may even be able to find a much younger man! But you won't know if you don't go and look.
>>
>>16918911
>I've browsed through online dating sites but I am not brave enough to try it due to safety reasons. A lot of men seem to have kids though and the other thread tells how it will lead to great unhappiness.

Holy shit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_bag
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hangman's_knot

Please do it and gtfo. You're a shame for mankind.
>>
>>16918911
Online dating isn't terribly dangerous anymore (not that it really ever was that dangerous). Use common sense, look for redflags, and meet in a public place.

Also, just because a bunch of people in their early 20s are saying step-children are hell doesn't make it so. Many men who are single in their late 30s are not going to have kids, or are not going to have young ones, or won't have custody. Even if you manage to find someone who does, it doesn't mean they're going to hate you and you can always bail if they do.

It's almost like a single date doesn't mean a lifetime of commitment.

Also, just because you're a "semi-normie" doesn't mean you're a catch. You're quickly reaching the thresh hold for the age where even an attractive woman is no longer placed on a pedestal for being an attractive woman; you will now be needing to bring more to the table than just that, which you don't seem to comprehend.

It doesn't matter if you have a job, some simple hobbies or a few friends. You're an admitted recluse, as well as a (presumably) 38-year-old virgin.

Are you attractive still? Or are you overweight and aging poorly? Do you have any interests that would attract someone? Or do you just read and watch what is popular, with no lasting opinions? Do you have an impressive job? Or are you unemployed? Are you a pleasant, if not sad person? Or a self-pitying bitch?

Your value as a person isn't based exclusively on "I go outside sometimes, I'm female, and I neither drink nor smoke weed". Hell, you're straight up assuming that everyone who drinks or smokes is an addict (hint: most single 38-year-old men are probably going to drink, if not smoke, because a great deal many people in general do, especially if they're depressed and alone).
>>
>>16918917
>maybe even jail
This seems dangerous though.
I do have a career but I won't exactly describe my job as "lucrative"
>>16918924
> just because a bunch of people in their early 20s are saying step-children are hell doesn't make it so
Implying you are not in that age group as well.
>Are you attractive still? Or are you overweight and aging poorly? Do you have any interests that would attract someone? Or do you just read and watch what is popular, with no lasting opinions? Do you have an impressive job? Or are you unemployed? Are you a pleasant, if not sad person? Or a self-pitying bitch?
I look younger than my actual age (maybe late 20s) but I was never in the "hot" category. I am skinny. I enjoy reading about philosophy and learning new languages. I do have a nice job but it's not exactly impressive. I try to appear optimistic while I am kind of pessimistic.
Men who smoke weed seem a bit freaky to me.
>>
>>16918937
You are extremely close minded and extremely timid, and these likely aren't helping you out any.

You seem to fancy yourself a catch, even though you admit your career isn't impressive (most people your age are going to have a "career" or be working in walmart, with no inbetween - this isn't a benefit to you, it just keeps you out of dating people from trailer parks), you admit you aren't terribly attractive (and everyone thinks they've aged well, even meth heads), and your hobbies are not especially social.

If you are looking for a learned, timid man who may be single in your age group, go look for a professor or teacher. A lot of them, especially in less successful, more asocial fields settle down later.

Also
>Implying I'm not in my late 20s and wasn't the step child

A lot of people get divorced. A lot of people remarry. A lot of people remarry with kids. Most people in their 20s have a strong distaste for children (kids in the 90s sucked as much as kids now do, kids now just have cellphones and even fewer boundaries) and are using this to say that step children would be awful.

They might be, but first you need to actually start dating to find that out. Few men have custody rights, especially older men (it's more common for men with small children now to try for custody). Besides, many men ARE going to not have children or adult children, especially if you date younger or older. Step kids aren't a guarantee at all.

Even if you did have them, they may like you or you may like them, or they may be a small part of your life. My mother remarried when I was already an adult, so it wasn't relevant for me; my father remarried young (and ironically to an older, inexperienced catholic woman) but my siblings and I liked our step mother.
>>
>>16918966
Now, granted, I (and everyone else here) are making a lot of assumptions. Maybe you're coming across as a huge bitch because you aren't especially good at emphasizing emotions via text (many older people are not). Maybe you are the one 38-year-old woman who is entirely honest, or even completely self-depreciating, and you're an exciting, attractive, well-aging woman with a job that while not prestigious, is interesting and fulfilling.

Maybe a mental illness, depression, or what have you did hold you back and that's a loss for the world. Maybe you're a great fucking person. But the fact is, you're on 4Chan. It is some time between 7 and 11AM, assuming you're American, and you're shit posting; you've melodramatically decided to end it all, because after about 20 years of being dating age you've decided it's finally going to bother you.

So, that in mind, I'm going to tell you this much; you're making a lot of assumptions about this potential future mate of yours, and you haven't even begun to look for him.

You could, realistically, find someone who is your ideal still. It isn't too late, especially if your life is otherwise together. You may find a man who waited for similar reasons (or is a little younger or a little more experienced), who has all the same interests. If you meet him soon (next year or two) you could even get married and have children still!

Of course, that's not likely to happen. He'll probably have issues, he may even have negative traits. But you're already assuming he will!
>>
>>16918848
Why not? My mom is turning 46 this year, and she's happily married to a 33 year old guy. They're an excellent match because of their personalities and interests.
>>
>>16918859
That's the case if you're in your early to mid 20s. It's very different if you're nearing 40 and their kids are almost out of the house.
>>
>>16918976
You won't go out with someone online, because it might be dangerous. While anything is dangerous theoretically speaking, online dating is no more dangerous (statistically) than any other form of match making. Look up a few articles on catfishing so you're aware of the redf flags; don't allow anyone to financially take advantage of you; meet in a public place, after some actual conversation online. If you do that, the chances of you getting into any trouble are extremely slim.

If you don't want to do that, then you'll need to figure things out the old fashioned way. Try bars, try speed dating, try singles groups, try asking out men you know are single, have friends or family hook you up, ask out co-workers. If you want someone, you will need to find him and accept that yes, he could be a serial killer; but it is far, far more likely he isn't, and you're supposedly suicidal anyway so you may as well take that small risk.

Accept that he may have flaws, but take them with a grain of salt. You are focused mostly on children, which is why I keep bringing those up, but again; he may not have any. If he does (and that's probably a 50/50 chance), they may be estranged; he may only see them sporadically; they may be adult, or near-adult. If he does have custody, or even sees them regularly, it's unlikely they will make your life hell. If they do, you can always leave and you'll likely have a great deal of advanced warning.

When it comes to things like jail/prison, disability and mental illness, address the full situation. Was he jailed for something stupid, or something unlikely to come back around? A murderer isn't a sex offender, and a sex offender isn't someone who went to jail for tax evasion, debts, drug possession (especially weed) or a DUI. A man in a wheelchair isn't a man in a coma, and neither one is a man who can't have children or who may have another minor disability you won't care about. A man who recovered from depression isn't a schizophrenic.
>>
>>16918966
Yeah I am a reclusive person. You now know why I have been single for so long.
I'm Asian so I really look younger than my actual age. The slight accent makes me even less attractive though.
I didn't get what you meant when you said that "it just keeps you out of dating people from trailer parks".
I teach myself.
>>
>>16918976
>But you're already assuming he will
But you assumed that too?
>>
>>16918991
Further more, a man who drinks alcohol on the weekends isn't an alcoholic and a man who smokes a joint isn't a drug addict. This isn't the 40s; most people have some relationship with some sort of a substance, even if it's prescription, mind-or-mood-altering drugs.

Further more, weed is becoming legal and crossing all kinds of barriers. While most of the young people I know who smoke (a lot of) pot aren't exactly pinnacles of glorious adulthood, few people their age are; most of the "true" adults I know who smoke weed honestly aren't much different than those who don't. My mother's neighbor (and a family friend) is a family man with two labs, who works as an aircraft mechanic, enjoys the outdoors, makes art out of scrap metal and smokes weed out of his garage; the last of these traits is certainly not the one that comes to mind immediately, and not stereotyping people will help you out.

You seem extremely willing to give up, and if you do, that's fine. But, it's also kind of pathetic.

Go out and date, but do it soon, and do it without judging whomever before you even know what they look like or who they are. You don't need to marry someone tomorrow who has twelve kids and a meth problem, but you can't be picky like you were at 21. Someone is probably out there who would make you happy, if you let them.
>>
>>16918998
I assumed OP was kind of a bitch. I didn't assume a random man, who may or may not even exist, had kids who, in turn, I assumed would immediately hate OP simply for existing.

>>16918992
At your age, a non-lucrative career won't make you stand out like it did in your 20s/early 30s. Unless you're a power lawyer, CEO, etc. people are going to simply be glad you have your shit together and can function - but most people who can't in their late 30s really can't.

While there's more of a middle ground in your 20s (you may be starting out or between careers), you end up with "the unemployed/people working retail for life" and "normal people who have normal careers". It's not a selling point anymore, it's just something you're expected to have, and having a self-sustaining career isn't as much of a bonus as it would have been in your 20s (where men would have seen it as a sign they wouldn't need to support you later on; now, they would simply assume you can support yourself anyway).

You being Asian honestly probably helps you. Although the Asian accent isn't attractive, assuming your English is fine (and clearly it is), it won't hurt you. A lot of people have a lot of negative traits that are overlooked because of other benefits, or because they're just small things.

Some people find the Asian accent cute, most just don't care much. On the plus side, a lot of people (especially white men in their 30s) find Asians attractive, and it will help you on aging. So, it's over all a benefit.

Not to mention, people are going to view your reclusive nature (and lack of experience) as more typical than they would with a white woman. Older Asian men may just now be settling down too, assuming they put careers first.
>>
>>16919004
>Someone is probably out there who would make you happy, if you let them
And your point is just date someone regardless of their characterisitcs and don't stereotype, but avoid the ones with red flags?
The dating pool is so small though. I know that I am definitely not a catch (even back when I was young as I was never hot), but the dating pool for my age group seems to be full of non-decent men.
>>
>>16918824
dont kill yourself
if you wish to die go to a ISIS base and try to kill every single terrorist there
>>
>>16919017
If you talk to young women who are single, they're going to say the same thing; "There's no one I like who is my age."

If people were easy to find, at any age, then it wouldn't be such a huge business to get them together. They would just do it easily, like Baptists do. But it isn't, and a lot of it is the luck of the draw.

Even if I were to go and look for a woman right now (at 27), I'd have a difficult time, and it's arguably easier to find decent women than decent men (if not harder to actually have a relationship with them). I'd have to weed out young, single mothers; women asking me to support them; people with no common interests; the illiterate and stupid, etc.

It isn't easy for anyone, and while it's harder for you than it is for others, remember that senior citizens actively date too. If 80-year-old men can get married (and they do), then a 38-year-old woman can.

The dating pool is smaller, which is why you can't be overly picky, but that doesn't mean you need to date Newman from Seinfield either. My point was more that you may find a man who you get along with, who has similar values and beliefs, but you may find he's a couple inches shorter, a few pounds fatter than you'd like; you may find someone else who you really could settle for, but maybe he smokes weed; or maybe he spent six months for tax evasion.

If you were dating fresh out of college, you'd have better luck; you could hold out for someone who is 6'2, athletic and has a brilliant future, but you can't anymore, both because you aren't as desirable and because you won't find people like that anymore.

They're either gone, or married, or no longer that type, because people put on weight and start smoking weed and stop caring about having the latest fashion over time.

My point is not to let things end a relationship, that would have ended one 18 years ago.
>>
>>16919016
Ok I get it now. I know that my career doesn't matter anyway.
I have an accent similar to the girl in this video. It's not that heavy but you can still tell that she is Asian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTwEUWWMTn0
I don't know if such an accent is really that terrible.
I guess Asians tend to be more reclusive, but my reclusiveness is pretty "un-normie" even by Asian standards.
Do you think I can have a happy relationship one day? It just seems so tough.
>>
>>16919031
>My point was more that you may find a man who you get along with, who has similar values and beliefs
That is already very good imo.
>but you may find he's a couple inches shorter, a few pounds fatter than you'd like
That is not an issue for me
>but maybe he smokes weed; or maybe he spent six months for tax evasion
This is an issue though, probably due to stereotypes that I have and my feeling that it is kind of unsafe to date these kind of men
>you could hold out for someone who is 6'2, athletic and has a brilliant future
Tbh I wasn't expecting that even at college age as I am just average-looking. What you said above is already good enough for me and I think I can live a very happy life with someone like that. Tbh I care more about a guy's personality, but it seems like guys with "good" personalities don't even exist in the dating pool anymore as "all the good ones are taken". Dating someone who went to jail or smokes weed still creeps me out though.
>>
>>16919033
I doubt that would bother most men. To be honest, until I saw the other thread on /adv/ this morning, I never actually thought about the nasally "Asian voice", and I have enough Asian friends that I should have. Remember that most people have something stupid they're self-conscious about that most people won't care about. I don't think it'd be a deal breaker.

I think a traditional lifestyle is probably beyond you unless you have very low standards and a lot of dedication OR a shit ton of luck, but a happy relationship isn't beyond you. Your chances of finding someone, marrying them, having 2.5 kids in the suburbs and growing old with them grow slimmer by the day - but the chances of simply finding someone, marrying them and growing old with them do not.

You're not likely to have a lot of the traditional milestones or benefits of a relationship, but a happy one isn't beyond you. There are people who get married (happily) in their 50s or 60s. My mother remarried in her late 40s (and is still happily married); my neighbor remarried recently in her 70s.

If you don't want kids (or don't mind step kids, adopted children or IVF) your chances of happiness haven't changed much, you're just more likely to have to settle.

And when I mean settle, I again, don't mean a serial killer in a wheelchair with obesity, but no one pictures their first love as being a generic middle aged man with a bald spot, graying hair, mediocer fashion sense, a boring job at the library, a 2004 Subaru and two house cats.
>>
>>16919043
>>16919043
You may be right, but you may also find yourself pleasantly surprised, especially since you do seem to have relatively realistic expectations (admittedly, from the OP, I assumed you were still looking for the generic "Chad").

A lot of men don't settle down, if anything more so than women. They're more likely to put careers first, to leave and travel, or to have circumstances that lead to middle-aged loneliness. They're also less inclined to want children, which is a benefit since you don't want step children (although again, there isn't any hard and fast rules for step children and they may like you or you may like them).

It just will be harder, especially if you avoid online dating (hell, even a lot of young people go for long distance dating, but you're going to have a better chance of avoiding that and online dating period if you're in a big city).

With things like jail and weed, it is understandable to feel the need to stereotype (and especially with jail, you can likely avoid men who it applies to), and it likely won't effect you, but they're good examples. If you see someone advertising it, it's probably best to avoid them anyway (although that goes for young people too, unless it's a side note on a thoroughly filled out OkCupid profile or something) but it may come up on a date.

Honestly, getting the first date isn't the hardest part. There's a steep curve of dating but they get easier once you get past the first few months. If you find out someone has a skeleton in their closet , you may need to deal with it then rather than avoiding it.

If your gut is telling you to run screaming away, by all means go for it. But finding a man with no negative drawbacks - that don't come out, ever - may be hard to do. Don't go prowling jail for dates, but if you date someone for three months and find out ten years ago he spent a year in jail, you may need to think about what that means now, more than you would have had to at 20.
>>
>>16919083
>I think a traditional lifestyle is probably beyond you
Well I was never interested in having kids and I am not a "normie" anyway.
Can settling lead to happiness though?
>>
>>16919104
Yes. You may not even have to settle (luck happens), but if you do, it may not have to be in a terribly serious fashion. You may find someone you have a great emotional and mental connection with, who is only a 4/10 appearance wise; or someone who doesn't share your religious beliefs, but otherwise is perfect; or someone who would be perfect, if they weren't in a wheelchair.

It depends on what you consider settling, what you're willing to change for someone, and simply who is out there.

Of course, don't settle if you know it will make you unhappy either. But it doesn't hurt to go out there and look.
>>
>>16919128
It's not that bad then. I think I can lead a very happy life even by "settling" then.
Really, no one is perfect and finding Mr. Perfect in your 20s tough as well
>>
>>16919168
You probably can. Sorry for being harsh earlier; I was sort of half-asleep, and the OP seemed hostile, but I get where you're coming from more or less now.

It's hard finding someone in general, but especially if kids (or the idea of spending your 20s-30s with someone) aren't of interest to you, then there's no reason you can't have a happy love life now. People aren't going to be as good looking, and you're going to have a harder time finding someone (if for no other reason than the pool is smaller, but there's still going to be decent people), but the bright side is that they won't get too much worse looking, they probably know what they want in life, and a lot of the questions are already answered. They have a career, or they don't; they have a house, or they don't; they want kids, or they don't. They at least know who they are.

A lot of the hard parts of a relationship are the younger parts, if it makes you feel better. You don't know who you are, what you want, where you're going, or what life will be, but at 38 you know at least a bit more. You're honestly more likely to find someone you can emotionally, long term, commit to at your age. They are who they are, after all.
>>
>>16919204
>You're honestly more likely to find someone you can emotionally, long term, commit to at your age.
And you sure you are beong honest and unbiased here. I've seen similar posts and some anons called them out for being to optimistic.
>>
>>16919216
Not wanting kids helps you out a lot; that's the hard and fast timer. Beyond that, of course it's going to be hard but having quiet optimism doesn't hurt.

Good luck, Anon. You have an okay chance, really - as much as anyone. No one has a guarantee of a happy marriage, and it gets harder over time, but you're not a 300lb hambeast with no job, no future and no ability to self-analyze. You know your situation, accept it, and are seemingly willing to do what it may take to find someone.
>>
>>16919226
Thank you.
You know, I don't think dating older, less attractive men is such a bad thing. I did have a number of teacher crushes on older teachers that normal students would consider not very attractive when I was a kid. It was just that they were all married. I do like older men, but a lot of them are married.
>>
I'm going to share my mom's story for you OP.

She was a single mom who did her best and raised me and my sister by herself. When I moved out at 18 she finally allowed herself to start dating properly. She's well over 40 by now.
Not only did she find a wonderful man but they are now married and planning a wonderful dream retirement together.
He had three kids from a marriage, she had us, but they were all grown up. So now she gets these amazing new children but it's much less complicated because they are already adults.
She gets to enjoy all the grandchildren too, which I hear is a lot of fun, cause you get all the fun parts.

There's always hope, more to live for, and a chance for love.
Giving up means it will never happen.
>>
>>16918824
>get nitrogen tank
>find a gas mask
>attach said mask to tank
>apply mask to face
>turn nitrogen valve

you will end up passing out an you'll soon die in your sleep.
>>
>>16920406
So it is very possible
>>
>>16918824
>What is the best way to kill myself?

Stay on 4chan until you read enough stories of people saying they want to kill themselves, then dying of boredom.
>>
The best way to kill yourself is after seeing a therapist, and takes a few decades, usually ten or twelve at the outside.

How to find a mental health provider: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/mental-illness/in-depth/mental-health-providers/art-20045530
How to find a therapist: http://www.webmd.com/anxiety-panic/guide/how-to-find-therapist
Dealing with suicidal thoughts: http://www.helpguide.org/articles/suicide-prevention/suicide-help-dealing-with-your-suicidal-thoughts-and-feelings.htm
Suicide hotlines organized by country: http://www.suicide.org/international-suicide-hotlines.html
>>
>>16918824

There are plenty of men who haven't dated, ever.

You have to go through a bunch of guys to find a match, but you will find one.

You have to try though.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.