[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do Normie's do it? How do they handle full time work,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: MsZZeDF.jpg (48 KB, 617x937) Image search: [Google]
MsZZeDF.jpg
48 KB, 617x937
How do Normie's do it?

How do they handle full time work, full time social life and full time love life?

I'm no longer a NEET. work 5 days a week, 3 of those are just 5 hour shifts

cbf doing anything outside of work as I just want to stay at home and some me time on my days off and after work.

try not to make to deep of a connecting with people as I am afraid they will invite me out to stuff. Avoid going out because I sometimes bump into old friends who want to catch up and do stuff with me.

how the fuck can people want to still go out their whole weekend. have their social hobbies multiple times a week and juggle family life on top of that.

Outside of work my main hobbies are piano and working out. My social life is hanging out with my brothers family on Sundays after Church. That's more than enough for me.

I don't even like having girlfriends anymore because when I do it's like have two social life loads and starts feeling likes chore being with then

That's more than enough for me. how do people add so much more and spend their whole weekend partying and stuff
>>
Buddhists tell a tale about a man who asked the Buddha how to fit spirituality into his busy life. In response, the Buddha produced a jar full of rice and three large turquoise beads. He asked the man to put the beads into the jar, and the man couldn't do it. The jar was too full, and he could not push the beada down into the rice.

Then the Buddha emptied the jar into a bowl, put the beads in first, and then added the rice. And all of it fit, even though it was the same amount of rice as before. The man was enlightened.

Even to this day, some Buddhists repeat this exercise. They fill a jar all the way to the brim with rice, then empty it, add three large turquoise beads, and put all of the rice back, and everything fits. Having done all this they keep the jar as a reminder.

Life is like this. Our ability to first make time for the things that matter most is limited: after all, there is only so much room in the jar. But even within those constraints, a little organization and prioritization can go a long way. Even all of the rice can still fit in the jar, if only we organize and prioritize properly.

If you want to make a jar like this for yourself, it's not difficult. Any craft store will have a suitable jar and beads, and any grocery store will have dry rice. I recommend buying the rice first, so that you will have a sense of what size jar you need.
>>
>>16918702
That seems physically impossible.
>>
>>16918661
>I just want to stay at home and some me time on my days off and after work

Well what do you tend to do with this "ME TIME" of yours?
Are you just mindlessly spending most of your time on computer (or any other device) browsing the internet, watching videos or playing video games?

Try to cut that stuff from your life for a few days and you'll quickly notice how much free time you actually have and how much time you're actually spending staring the screen.
Many of the normies actually barely touch their computers or play games thus they have way more time to add more substance to their lives in form of activities, social interactions and experiences.

As computer programmer who spends a lot of his time in front of a computer screen I am slowly getting to the point where I'd rather spend rest of the day away from computers.
>>
>>16918764
Getting the 8 hours a sleep a day and having proper diet can really help you feel more energetic even after work.

10-20 minute nap after work or dinner can also help you boost your energy levels for the rest of the day.
>>
Living with your partner actually makes having a love life very easy. There's not much work involved.

A social life is harder, but really going out on a Saturday is not impossible to fit into a normal week.

I think a lot of people have far quieter social lives than it seems to you. And far more boring leisure time as well.
>>
>>16918895
>I think a lot of people have far quieter social lives than it seems to you. And far more boring leisure time as well

This. it's the social media era that's making people's lives feel inadequate.

was at the beach one day. saw some dude arrive. set up his beach shit, opened a beer, took a selfie like he was having and awesome day then immediately left.

was weird af. probably just did that to have something to put on facebook
>>
It's a lot of different things.

People likely are not as interesting, active, well adjusted or busy as you think they are. They're probably making trade-offs that you are not, that you're not aware of. They may hang out all weekend, but maybe they're not sleeping as much or having as much alone time or cleaning their houses or balancing their check books. Their interests may be balanced differently than your own.

You may be a more introverted person than others. Maybe you do want to just do what you're doing, and you're content; others may sit and ask how you handle being alone so much, or how you deal with entertaining yourself.

You likely are over stressed, missing time that you don't think you have (how much of your day do you waste on 4Chan?) and not quite at the breaking point you think you're at.

For example, once the active dating part of a relationship is over - once you have someone, and aren't trying to woo them by going out 2-3 times a week - a relationship isn't hard. I live with my girlfriend, and while I see her most the day, we work slightly different schedules. Thus, we both get an hour or so of alone time but work most the same hours. We can talk and so on while we're doing things like watching TV, driving, cooking, eating, etc. and then have sex/cuddle before bed.
>>
>>16919055
>We can talk and so on while we're doing things like watching TV, driving, cooking, eating, etc. and then have sex/cuddle before bed.

Doesn't this bother you? Or do you spend enough time together doing things just for the sake of being together, like going to the beach or hanging out with friends or something, in your free time?
>>
>>16919172
Not really. We both have similar interests, and neither of us is the type that minds talking during driving/a movie/dinner, so we get a lot of quality time in that way (and I personally enjoy doing those things more when we can talk a bit during them).

I mean, that's the "every day" anyway. Of course we do other things together and hang out with friends together, but even if nothing happens that day, we still get time together.

Yesterday, for example, we both went to work; I got back early, so I played games a bit and cleaned the house; she got home, and we both had a little to drink, had dinner, and hung out for a bit; she went to bed, and I joined a skype call to talk to some friends before going to bed.

I still ended up, ironically, doing a lot of the things OP "doesn't have time for". They just end up happening if you let them; after all, I got to hang out with my girlfriend, drink, have sex and talk to my friends all while still going to work.
>>
>>16918714
>That seems physically impossible.
Try it yourself. There are limits, but you should be able to fit a few beads into a reasonably-sized jar.

The reason it works, with rice and with life, is that even whrn the jar is full to the brim with rice, there's actually still quite a bit of empty space. When you gill the jar with rice, all of that space gets divided into lots of little tiny spots between the grains. Individually, these spots are too small to fit anything of significance -like, say, a turquoise bead- into, but the total amount of space is much larger.

When you put the beads in first, the grains of rice fall differently, flowing around the beads and the spaces between them. To a certain extent they're packed a bit more tightly, but mostly the beads simply force the grains around them to use the space in a more efficient manner. Assuming the jar is of a reasonable size, the beads will fit, simply because they make more efficient use of the available space

Steven Covey uses a similar principle in his famous seven habits. He calls it the "Big Rocks" theory, but the principle and most of the metaphors are the same: when you handle the big rocks first, the pebbles will often still fit.
>>
All normies are actually psychos.
>>
>>16919295
I think you mean sociopath and that's not even true. Some people are just better at hiding their feelings than others. Everyone goes through the same shit.
>>
>>16919540
A lot of robots have assorted mental conditions that make them more sensitive, so I guess he's half right. To an Autist, normies must seem psychotic.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.