[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girlfriend is gaining weight. I can't say I'm thrilled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Muffin-top.jpg (123 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
Muffin-top.jpg
123 KB, 800x533
Girlfriend is gaining weight. I can't say I'm thrilled about it, but I don't tell her to start dieting and working out. I actually want her to lose weight, though.

Things I've done:
Suggested we eat healthier and cut out the snacks and juices. Partly worked.

Suggested we go to the gym together. She works from 9 to 8 or so and we live an hour away from work, so we barely have much free time. Two days off a week and she likes to relax when she gets the chance so we've been able to go once a week.

What else can I do here?
>>
By the way, I meant I don't tell her I'm dissatisfied and demand she eats better and works out. I only meant I'm trying to ease into it with suggestions and we can do it together so I'm not calling her out.
>>
>>16918416
I think you're doing well being subtle - it's never a good idea to tell a girl she needs to lose weight.

Maybe next time you two sleep together, let her do most the work? Sex does burn a lot of calories after all.
>>
Do exercise at home. Jog, do aerobics, buy a few weights or even something like a treadmill. Finish off workouts with sex and a shower.
>>
Just starve her and reward her with sex and compliments.

As for how to starve her, be subtle:
>eat the same meals, but with higher veggie>other food ratio
>take her to walks and speed up

This is as far as you're allowed to go.
Suggesting weight loss in any other way has a risk of relationship termination (because she's gonna become insecure and it will all be downhill from there).
>>
>>16918416
Ask to go on a walk with her on her days off. It's really good to bond as a couple and if you make it a weekly thing like I did with my boyfriend she'll hopefully catch the exercise bug.
Look up a really cool trail, somewhere foresty, by the beach or a creek etc...
And say; "Hey, wanna go on an adventure?"
>>
Eh. It's not like she doesn't know she's gaining weight. Women are very aware of how they look.

My fiance did the whole "WE should start working out" and "WE need to get healthier" thing, but I knew it was mostly me who needed it. it stings a little to be told those sort of things, but I can't deny they're true. I can't currently scrounge the money to go to the gym, but I am working on my diet and I'm doing long walks with the dog, and I'm already seeing small results.

my point is that I love my fiance and I want to be my best for him. ultimately, it took my own motivation to start losing weight. the subtle "we need to get healthier" thing will make her start thinking, but it comes down to whether or not she wants to put in the effort. if she doesn't, you're boned.
>>
>>16918882
Like this poster said, you've done all you can in a nice way, it's up to her now. She knew it was true and you gave her confirmation, you can't force her too.
>>
My fiance did this in a really nice way once;

>"Hey, I want to tell you something, because I love you and I would want you to do the same for me if you felt similarly. I haven't been sure how to bring this up, because I want to do anything but hurt you. This has been on my mind for a few days now, and I don't want to be dishonest or hide anything from you so...I noticed when we were cycling that your legs didn't look all that great. Maybe we should try working out more. I love you and I find you attractive. I also want you to take care of yourself because I want to be with you a long time."

It hurt, I went to an extreme and started exercising everyday and stressing out with what I ate (for a few weeks), but he helped me break that habit too. He told me, "You don't need a huge lifestyle change, just take little steps toward making better choices. If you go to an extreme you'll wear yourself thin and it will bite you in the ass. Just be sure to utilize the food that you're eating, stop eating when full, and be active for thirty minutes or so daily, it doesn't have to be a large focus."

He's a keeper.
>>
>>16919947
>your legs didn't look all that great
Everything he said sounded very considerate and fine until this. Shouldn't he have just said that your legs looked bigger? Saying they "didn't look all that great" implies a sort of ugliness rather than just overweight.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.